Chapter 9-Family Reunion

Today-Today will be one of the most painful days of my life. Every bone in my body aches. My heart was a shattered piece of glass unable to mend the pieces on its own.

I decided that I was going to stay at my Brother's pack for awhile until I figure what to say.

Emily keeps telling me that the fastest route to recovery is by talking about my feelings. Except I'm feeling so much that it will take forever. I'm sad because I thought we had something real. Something unbreakable by anyone or anything. I've only just met him but I felt like I've known him for ages. He was my best friend. I'm mad because he didn't believe me. I'm happy that I know who he really is but most importantly this situation was the turning point in my thoughts of this world. I finally realize that the only way for something to be real is if you work for it. It can't come easily. If it comes easy then It's easy to fall apart.

I hadn't told anyone if I was attending my fathers funeral or when it even is. I was worried that if I told them then they would lock me in a room and tell me that they're doing it to save me. I also don't have enough guts to confront Lucas still. I mean what do I say to him? I wasn't ready to see him heartbroken because of what I have to tell him.

------------

A few hours later the primary doctor came in to see if he could clear me. My biggest hope was that he would so that I didn't have to try and sneak away from here.

"Good morning, Mia."

"Morning, doc." I said stupidly.

"Are you ready to see if you get cleared today?"

I gave a big nod to show I was eager to get out of this place. It confined me to the terrible memories of the truth and my imagination. The doctor had me walk around the bed a few times, lift ten pound weights, hop on both feet etc. Most of it seemed pretty pointless in my opinion.

"Are you ready to hear your results?"

The suspense was killing me. I messed up lifting one of the weights which worries me he won't clear me from this prison room.

"You failed to lift up one of the weights. However, you did in fact pass the test. Just no lifting of any sorts until you get your strength back."

"Thank you! Thank you!" I ran over to the doctor to give him a hug. I've never been so happy here until this moment.

"Is there someone you would like me to contact that you've been cleared?"

"Nope. I'm going to the only person who needs to know right now." The doctor gave a slight nod of approval. I walked out of there and down the paved path. I headed up to the barn so that I could ride a horse over to my brothers. I figured that if I took a chauffeur then he would refuse to take my across our territory. I picked out a medium sized horse who was white and had black specks on her. Her name was Clover.

I headed out for my brother's pack. Most of the guards were on their lunch break by time I got to the border which made it easy to enter. I slowed Clover down in order to take off the red necklace that I was given when I entered the Red Moon Pack. I also put on a blue moon necklace that was in my father's note so that I could come to his funeral without drawing attention. It was always like my father to plan very much ahead.

When I arrived at the pack, there was no one around. The streets were empty which was very peculiar considering there was always a lot that needed to be done.

I jumped off Clover and walked to my house while she trailed behind. I tied the horse to the white picket fence that sat in front of the house. I walked up the wooden steps and knock on the door. This was very awkward for me because I mean I do technically live there but I felt like an intruder to a sense.