Chapter 7-Follow Your Heart

Mia POV

I could hear the sound of birds chirping off in the distance. My eyes flashed open to the rays of sunshine invading me. I took a loud gasp wondering what had happened. One minute I was dying and now I'm in a private room that I've never seen before.

I was laying on a soft bed inside a white comforter.     I didn't know if I was living or if I was dead. I removed the suffocating blanket from my body and carefully pulled myself out of the bed.

The moment I reached my feet I felt my stomach do somersaults. I ran over to the trash in the corner and began puking up what I thought were my insides. When I lifted my head up and began wiping my mouth a nurse walked into the room.

"Sweetie!" She ran over to me and lifted me up from the floor and brought me back to the bed. "You shouldn't be up! You've suffered serious injuries and it could make them worse if you move around. We have you on bed rest until you make a full recovery. I'll go let the doctor know you're awake so he can do a rundown on your injuries."

The nurse pulled over the trash can next to my bed just incase. It took thirty minutes for the doctor to finally arrive.

"Mia, how are you feeling?"

"Like someone gutted me like a fish." 

The doctor gave a small chuckle. "I can't say I'm surprised. You've endured a lot. You have two broken ribs, a concussion, serious bruising, and a ruptured artery. We had to do an emergency surgery on you. You're one lucky person that you survived. However, you're not in the clear yet. Your stitches could reopen if you move around. Is there someone you want me to get? Maybe Lucas?"

"No, don't get Lucas. Can you get his beta, Tyler?"

"Sure. I will send him in as soon as possible."

The longer I waited, I could feel my eyes beginning to close.

Tyler's POV

I've been in Lucas' office all morning. Lucas has been beating himself up for not believing Mia. Honestly, I don't know how I would've handled the situation. I'm glad it wasn't me for sure.

"Lucas, you need to stop this madness. You made a terrible huge mistake. In all honesty, it will take a long time for Mia to want to talk to you. All you can do know is wait for her and admit your wrongs."

"Excuse me, Tyler, Mia has woken and is asking to see you. She has also requested that you Lucas will not come. She has also mentioned that she will speak to you indirectly through Tyler if need be but she would prefer no association at this point."

The doctor's words were rough on Lucas. I looked over at him to have his permission to go see her. He gave a slight nod. I could tell that he was destroyed by her not wanting any association with him. He was hoping that the concussion was so severe she didn't remember what he had done to her. I'm being put into a tough position being between those two.

Mia's POV

I woke up to Tyler coming in. I've been very on edge these past hours worried that Lucas would come. I gradually pulled myself up to a sitting position attempting not to pull the stitches open.

"Hi Mia. How are you?"

"Hello Tyler. I've certainly have been better."

"So, you wanted to speak to me."

"Yes, you're the one who told me to give Lucas a chance. I took you're advice and actually started to like him. And then you know this happened. Now I need you to run through why I should and shouldn't forgive him. Because I have no idea what to do. How can I even trust him again? He thought I was the betrayer when he really was. Who's to say this wouldn't happen again?"

"Mia, calm down. You don't want to hurt yourself. In all honesty, I don't know what to do. On one hand he hurt you and on the other he feels terrible and will do anything to fix this. It's entirely up to you whether or not to forgive him. He followed his head instead of his heart when he made his decision. Don't make that same mistake. I'm sorry but I have to go take care of some things. Before you make this decision, go and talk to him."

 Tyler didn't help me make my decision at all. He made it even more difficult.

"One more thing Mia, you may be injured but you still look great. The injured look really suits you."

I took the pillow that I wasn't using and threw it across the room at him. He left the room laughing. 

I was so conflicted what to do. It's hard to think that this decision could and will change my entire life. I don't know what to do anymore. I sat there in silence wishing that I don't make a mistake. 

Eventually, I slipped away into my imagination. I fell into my imagination thinking about all the different possibilities. 

I imagined myself thirty years from now living a good life along side Lucas with three children running around the play yard.

The other was me living in a small town with a job as a teacher without any worries like I would if I were to become Luna. 

"Follow my heart not my head. Follow my heart not my head" I kept whispering over and over in my mind.

**********

Pretty un eventful chapter but this will be a hard choice for Mia. Do you want her to forgive Lucas or had he gone too far?

I'm about half way done with chapter 8 so I'll post that as soon as I finish. Please keep sharing, reading, and voting.