Chapter 19-You Need To Let Go

"No! P-please, tell me that's not true! It can't be!" I yelled unable to keep the tears down.

I was trapped in the basement chained once again. The silver was burning my wrists, but that was the least amount of pain I was feeling. Tears streamed down my face at a rapid pace. I struggled to pull my wrists out of the clasps. I really wish I was double jointed. I needed to be next to his side. I needed to be with him. I couldn't believe what was happening. My vision was a blurred mess, but I knew what I was seeing.

Jackson's pack invaded us this morning. Lucas ordered me to hide in the basement. He couldn't risk Jackson getting his hands on me. Lucas fought at the front line. All I could hear for hours was the growls and screams of pain until it all stopped. The world went silent. I had thought we had won. It was the exact opposite. An hour later, I saw Jackson creeping down the stairs dragging a body behind him. Lucas' body. He was dead. My father trailed along behind him. I couldn't keep my screams in. I yelled for Lucas. He couldn't be dead. I won't let him die. I need him.

My father instantly turned towards me dragging me by my collar as I yelled and kicked. They brought us into the back room. My father lets go off me in order to untangle the cables. I ran towards Lucas reaching for his hand. I felt his pulse only to find none. He had a large wound on his left side. A bite mark from Jackson. The one that killed him. I couldn't go on without him.

"Lucas! Lucas! Please come back to me! Please! I love you, Lucas! Please. Please." I yelled at him expecting a response even though deep down I knew I wouldn't get one.

Lucas dying wasn't the only pain that stung me. Jackson being right killed me. My father came to our pack to take me, faked his death and wrote me a note saying how strong I was just to make me believe that I could win this war. When in reality, I never had a chance. I'm weak from the silver, but I'm even weaker now that I've found the truth. I wanted this nightmare to end. I wanted my father to look at me in the eyes and rip out my heart. I can't fight anymore. Lucas is gone, my friends are gone, my pack is gone. I have nothing left to live for.

"Mia, Mia, Mia...I told you that you couldn't win against me. Against us. You were so caught up in your imagination that you didn't realize you lost this battle from the very beginning. You had no shot at winning. And look!" Jackson spoke sternly.

He walked over to me and lifted my face. He smashed my cheeks as he moved my face to see Lucas dead on the ground.

"You killed him," Jackson spoke violently.

"No! No! I didn't kill him!" I screamed. I couldn't have.

"But you did sister. You killed your mate."

"I didn't! You did!"

"Just think. If you didn't fall in love with that bastard then he might still be alive. You could've stayed with your family and grew up in the pack you were born to. Instead, you slept next to the enemy. We needed you back and the only way to get you back was for him to die. It was your choice. The choice you made turned out deadly."

I couldn't believe what Jackson was saying. He was right. I did kill him. I caused his death. Why do I have to hurt everyone I care about. First Nora, then Tyler, and now Lucas. I could feel myself fading away.

"Come my sweet child. I tried to save you, but it turned out fatal for us both. You were meant to be up here with me. Come now!" I heard my mother's voice speak.

This was a dream. It had to be.

"Mia? Mia? Wake up!" I heard Lucas calling.

As he spoke, he began shaking me in an attempt to wake me up. My eyes flung open at the sound of his voice. It was a dream. I was relieved for that. I instantly sat up noticing Lucas had already gotten ready for the day. His black hair was perfectly combed back. He wore a suit. Why was he wearing a suit? I wondered. "