Chapter 30

"Likewise."

"I'm assuming that you have had enough time to read our terms?"

"I agree with all. Do you have a pen?"

I clicked the pen open and handed it to Xavier. I watched him sign his name on the dotted line and then Lucas and I did the same. I will never forget what Xavier did to me, but it was time to burn out this fire between us. The longer the fire burns on, the more we are staying hidden in the past.

We all signed a Treaty of Peace. We are all hoping that this will keep the peace for a long time, but all of us know it will not last forever.

"I really must go, but I'll see you tomorrow," Xavier smiled.

Today marks a new beginning for the werewolves. And well tomorrow marks a new beginning in Lucas and I's relationship. About three months ago, he proposed to me at the waterfall. The waterfall is where I realized that I loved him and it will always be our special place.

"Mia, it is time for me to steal you away from Lucas until tomorrow," Nora walked in cheery.

"Okay. Give us a minute."

Lucas walked over to me and placed his hands on the curve of my hips while I placed my arms around his neck. Our lips began to press over and over again.

I felt safe. I felt whole for the very first time in my life. I have Lucas, I have Nora, and I have my memories back. I haven't told Lucas about my childhood, but that can come at a later date.

"Okay, you two. Time to break it up," Nora said while ripping me away from him.

"What's the rush, Nora," I giggled.

"We have a hair appointment in the town."

"What's with your obsession with hair salons in the town?!"

"Now that we have full access to the town, I am not missing anything for a second!" she laughed.

Nora rushed me into the car waiting for us and told the driver to step on it. She did not want to be late and we ended up being ten minutes early.

"What are we doing with your hair today?" the hairdresser asked."

"She is..."

"Nora, I got this. Cut ten inches off with layers and angles."

"Woah, Woah, Woah. No way am I letting you chop your hair off!," Nora screeched.

"You're right, It is my hair."

"Ten inches it is," Nora pouted.

Ten inches is a bit drastic, but in reality, we are all just hiding behind our hair. Our hair holds us back in the past. It prevents us from moving on and taking the next leap in our life. I am not the same naive girl who was forced to go with Lucas, it's time to get over the fact that isn't me anymore.

I watched as inches upon inches of hair drifted slowly to the ground.

"What do you think?"

"Perfect. Absolutely perfect."

"Let's go home. It's time for your beauty sleep," Nora insisted.

"It's only five."

"Exactly."

I could not sleep all night. I was so nervous about today. I kept thinking the worst possibilities like I'm going to trip while walking down the aisle.

"Mia, it's time to get ready," Nora nagged.

"I'm coming," I yawned.

"What did I tell you about beauty sleep?!"