Chapter 12-Finding Each Other

I walked through the Alpha House and headed straight down the hallway bypassing the game room. Without hesitation, I opened the door. I didn't care if his advisors thought I was crazy for barging in.

"I need to talk to you. Now."

Lucas POV

"I need to talk to you. Now" Mia said in an urgent tone. I nodded dismissing all of my advisors from the table. I knew that if she was talking to me then it had to be important. I used my hands to gesture her to sit down on the opposite side of me.

"I'm coming from my Brother's pack. I went to go for my father's funeral, but it ended up being a lot more than that. They have thousands of werewolves preparing to fight. Packs are merging against you. The first attack is in three weeks and they are planning on killing you in six months."

"How many wolves do they have?" I was biting my tongue this entire time. I had no idea how to handle Mia after my mistake.

"From what I saw, at least three thousand. That's um...all I came to tell you. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to leave now."

I was heart broke when Mia didn't bring up us. Her silence made me realize that the more space I give her the more what happened gets avoided. I needed to fight for her. I needed to prove to her that I'm sorry. I will not wait any longer.

--------------

Mia POV

I wanted to talk to Lucas about us, but the words just got caught in me. I felt bad making him wait but being in his presence chokes me up.

I walked towards the gazebo that is centered in the small park. Tyler was there observing the view. Although he is Lucas' beta, I feel comfortable talking to him about this whole thing.

"Hey," I said with a wave as entered.

"What's wrong? You seemed distraught."

"It's just everything. I want to forgive Lucas, but I don't know how to. And I know I told him to stay away but it's like he's not willing to fight for what we had."

"Mia, he thought that if he gave you space then it would give you time to heal. He misses you beyond words. It's your choice, but you need to give him an answer soon."

"I know," I said in a soft voice while I shook my head back and forth. "I want to give him an answer and even though it doesn't seem like it, I'm fighting for us and I feel like the only one."

"Trust me...he will be coming to you very shortly. He loves you. Like I said before. Follow your heart."

I didn't know how to respond to this. I'm broken and I need someone's help to repair myself. Tears began to trickle down my cheeks. We remained in complete silence which piqued me. I was sick of silence. Silence pained me.

Tyler took his attention away for the view and moved it towards Lucas walking over here in the distance.

"Mia. I think that time is now. I'll leave you two to talk."

With that Tyler exited. He walked towards Lucas and placed a hand on his shoulder while he nodded. I knew Lucas came to fight for me. We both were exhausted from waiting. I wiped away the tears before he arrived.

As Lucas entered the gazebo, I turned my body on the bench until my gaze reached his. He sat down beside me. Tears began to drip from his blue eyes. His head fell into my lap. "Mia." He murmured.

My heart fell into my chest. I have no idea what I should say to him. I had been thinking of talking to him tonight, but Lucas is here now, he sought me out. He began to fight for us.

"I'm so sorry, Mia. I would do anything to go back and change it. Anything for you to forgive me."

My heart cried for him. I was worried that when I talked to him that I'd lash out at him to make him feel the pain I had felt. Seeing him here now, filled me with sadness but also a bit of relief that he came.

Tears broke from my eyes once again. I've never seen him this weak in a sense. His sadness spoke louder than his words could ever. Staying away from each other weakened us emotionally but also physically. We loved and needed each other.

Lucas lifted his head from my lap. "Please come back to me," He spoke in a delicate tone.

There was no way I could say no even though there are more reasons for me to compared to staying. He clearly felt bottled up in pain for the mistake he had made. There was no chance I could reject him as my mate. Despite everything, we feel something for each other. How could I possibly allow one mistake to alter everything we fought for, everything my mother died for?

I bent over towards him slightly to wipe the tears away from his cheeks.

"I will," I whispered. "I want to come back to you."

I slowly moved my head towards his and press my lips slightly on his. I was shocked that I instigated the kiss. Lucas moved his hand behind my back and began pressing his lips harder to mine. Both my hand found the back of his head. My childlike fingers went through his black combed hair.

I pulled my lips away from his desperately gasping for breath. I haven't felt so pure, so happy ever since the incident.

"Thank you," I said happily.

"For what?' He asked confusedly.

"Being with me. Here Now."

"My Mia."

He went in and planted a kiss on my lips.

"My handsome Lucas."

All felt right again. I felt so secure in my life for the first time in a long while.