Chapter 25- Blessing or Curse?

Mia POV

The sun hasn't nearly risen above the trees yet. The entire world seemed to be on pause. No birds have awakened as well as no people. Everything feels deserted except for the menacing silence.

Tyler called me late last night with an update on Lucas. Sadly, the update wasn't what I was expecting. Lucas was screaming in agony last night. The doctors don't know what happened, but they think that the overdose of the inconclusive drug did serious damage.

Tyler texted me later on with a very vague response. All I know is that they are prepping Lucas for surgery. Tyler hasn't responded to any of my frantic messages nor has Nora.

I knew that I wasn't going to make it back to the pack in time to see Lucas before the surgery, so I had to make sure I was present for when he woke up.

I quickly threw all my belonging in my duffel bag and carefully made my way to the barn that had to be a mile away from the pack house. I pulled my horse out of the stable. However, I was wrong about no one being awake. Brady entered the barn while remaining seated on the horse. He must've been doing border control. Alphas are so frantic these days.

"Leaving so soon?" Brady called.

"I have to get home to Lucas. Something happened and no one is giving me any answers!" I spoke while hopping on top of the horse.

"Too bad. We only just met. I guess we're going to have to wait a few more days." Brady grinned.

"Wait, what? Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Yup. I'll bring my wolves in three days time. We have a war to fight."

I was bubbled up inside with joy. I wanted to jump off and give him a huge hug, but like Brady said, we only just met.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"I'll see you soon, Mia." Brady nodded.

---------

I arrived at the pack hospital during the middle of Lucas' surgery. I was relieved I was going to be there when he woke up. Disappointingly, Tyler was not present when I arrived which meant I had to wait longer to find out the answers that have been eating me alive.

I didn't get a chance to eat any breakfast so I ran to the vending machine and got a bag of potato chips. By the time I got back, Tyler was sitting in the chair that I was in before.

"You have a lot of explaining to do!" I yelled.

"Except I can't explain."

"And that is because?"

"I don't know what's going on nor does Lucas. See, Lucas doesn't handle hospitals very well, so he thought best if he didn't know what's going on."

"And you couldn't just tell me that!" I said while nudging his arm.

"Excuse me, are you Mia and Tyler?" A nurse asked quietly.

She must've been new considering she didn't know who the beta or luna were.

"Yes, we are." I smiled.

"Lucas is out of surgery. Everything went as planned. He should be awake very shortly. I'll bring you to his recovery room."

His recovery room looked opulent. There was a large window surrounded by tomato red drapes. There was a large sixty-inch tv hanging on the wall across from the king size bed. The floor was even carpeted. Only the best for the Alpha.