Chapter 16-No More Waiting

The day of the Ball has finally arrived. I have been working diligently trying to pull everything together into a fifteen hundred palace theme. It was absolutely hard trying to find enough time in the day to do it. I haven't seen Lucas in two days. I've spent each day and night here pulling it together. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.

Nora was supposed to help me, but she's spent every ounce of her time with Tyler doing god knows what. Since Nora left me to do this at Tyler's request I have been having Rose help me from time to time on it. She's a very busy lady taking care of everyone. I would've asked Lucas, but he has no decorating skills what so ever. And besides, I want him to be surprised.

I didn't have time to find a dress to wear to this so Rose went out this morning to get me one. She says that I will look like a queen. I asked her if I could see it, but she wouldn't let me go near it. She claims it's a surprise. No one but her and Nora has seen it. They won't even give me a clue to what color it is. I tried to convince them that I need to know the color to do my makeup, but that just made Rose say that she will be doing it along with my hair.

I've never had anyone do anything like my hair before. I've always done it myself considering I had no mother to help. Rose has become a mother figure to me which is nice. It makes me wonder what my childhood would've been like with my mom around.

After I had a bowl of cereal. I headed back to the Ballroom to finish up any last touches. I was in love with everything except two big masses that could be seen the moment you walk in. Thrones. I didn't like the fact that when Lucas and I weren't dancing we had to sit in them. I fought him for hours on it until eventually I gave in. I'm going to be the center of attention. That's something I'm not used to.

When you walked in, and traveled down the long hallways to the ballroom you immediately come across a balcony that looks over to the dance floor. From there you had to walk down the stairs to get to it which bugged me. When walking down everyone can see you. And lucky for me, I get to enter by myself allowing every eye to reach me. My worst nightmare.

I've always been scared to have people look at me. Not because I don't think I'm beautiful but because when I was five, my old pack had danceable lets just say it was a disaster. They had me wear high heels and who the heck gives a five-year-old heels. I struggled to walk in them until eventually I fell into a punch bowl. The red punch stained my clothes, but the worst part is everyone stared at me. For a while, people would call me names. Every since then I couldn't stand to have people notice me.

By the time I finished putting up the last light, Nora came to get me to start hair and makeup.

"Mia, it's time to start getting you ready," She spoke in a cheerful tone. Everyone was looking forward to this but me. They didn't have to worry about people staring at them when you walk in solo. They have it easy.

Rose did my hair and makeup while I did Nora's. Rose wasn't going to the event because she had too many pups to take care of since all their mothers and fathers will be attending the magical evening.

Rose actually cut my hair to my center back. We both decided I need a change. She then curled my hair into subtle waves that just passed my shoulder. I knew my dress had silver on it because Rose put silver glitter eyeshadow on me.

My hair and makeup looked really nice. Except the ball is two hours from now which meant I had to make sure I didn't mess up. Lucas knocked on the door to see me which meant Nora and Rose had to leave.

"Hi." I waved to him as he stared from the doorway.

"Hi. You look wonderful. I like what you did with your hair."

"Thank you." Little did he know it wasn't completely finished yet.

Lucas walked over towards me and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Mia-I knows you don't like all this attention for this dance because you're not used to it, but you need to wear this."

Lucas handed me an elegant gold box and inside was a diamond crown. It wasn't huge like in the movies, but a number of sparkling gems made it very noticeable.

I gave him a nod and told how it was beautiful in an attempt to reassure him that it is alright. This dance was so much pressure. A lot more than I imagined.

"I probably should go start getting ready. I'll see you later. Do you want me to have Nora came in?" Lucas's said.

I gave him a nod. Before he exited I stood up to give him a hug. He then began kissing my lips passionately. I didn't know how long we stood there, but I didn't want it to stop. Our relationship has changed. We both changed and I think it's for the better. But somehow deep down, I know this luxury of a wonderful relationship will get messed up somehow.

Nora came back into the room. This time, her hair was in a different place causing me to see the mark on her neck. She finished the mating process with Tyler.

"I see you and Tyler have gotten really close."

"What?" She said nervously.

"Your neck. He marked you."

"Oh, ya. Last night. I'm really happy that he did, though. I feel a sense of security know that I am officially his. Enough of about me! What about you and Lucas? You two have been together a lot longer than Tyler and me yet you haven't completed the mating process."

"I've asked him to wait. I'm only sixteen and I'm not ready. He understands that."

"Mia-A word of advice. It's better to do it now than later. Soon he will stop waiting and if it takes him awhile to mention it then he will weaken as a leader. He needs a Luna and an heir."

"I know." I sighed while looking down. She was right. He wouldn't wait forever. My time was running short.

Nora quickly ended the conversation knowing that I was sad about the reality dealt with me. She quickly began curling my hair again because the humidity began to make it uncurl.

"Are you ready to see the dress?!?" Nora teased.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. She handed me the large bag that covered the dress. When I went to go change into it, I was baffled by what I saw. It was a strapless floor length gown. It was a light lavender color with small purple and silver flowers that cascaded down the side.

When I looked into the mirror, I looked like a queen. The gown was so puffy that I felt like Cinderella. I gently placed the tiara on my head making sure I didn't mess up any of the curls.

As I walked out of the bathroom, Nora stared at me in shock. I looked beautiful.

"Oh my God, Mia! You look amazing! Are you ready to get going to the ball?"

"Yes."