Chapter 26-Clean

Three Days Later

Lucas is finally being released today. He's made a fast recovery according to the doctors. No one knows who caused the overdose, but I have some suspicions. However, I'm not sure if the only foundation of my suspicion is jealousy.

I told Lucas what happened with Aiden, but he's not worried. Aiden is just taking up space for Jackson and will soon be thrown to the curb like every time. Aiden lacks the ability to hang onto what little power thrown at him. Honestly, I think. Lucas should be afraid of Aiden, I know I am.

I wanted to wait to tell Lucas that I'm pregnant at least until he got out of the hospital. Today's the big day. However, Brady and Lexa are coming today and I'm afraid that they'll accidentally mention it to him.

Nora and Lily also have been avoiding Lucas and me afraid that it will come out and cause problems. I'm a lonely, scared, and pregnant sixteen-year-old girl.

----

"Welcome to our pack," I spoke cheerfully.

Lexa looked at me deeply. She was wondering if I had told Lucas about the baby yet. I swiftly gave my head a slight nod no.

"We have a lot to discuss Lucas," Brady spoke in a dominant tone.

"Very well. Mia, why don't you get to know Lexa." Lucas suggested.

Lexa and I walked into the gardens next to the packed house. There was a small sunroom that had white paint peeling everywhere. The benches inside had black cushions with white flowers. We sat down on opposing benches.

"Why haven't you told Lucas yet?!?" Lexa blurted out.

"There really wasn't a good time to tell him."

"Trust me, there will never ever be a good time to tell him that you're pregnant. You mine as well walk right up to him and tell him."

"Okay, I will," I said cheerfully while hopping off the bench. I walked out of the sun room and headed up to Lucas' office to see if he was still there. The office was dark and locked which meant Lucas had to be training the wolves out on the field. The wolves were warming up with a hundred push-ups.

"Hey Lucas, can I talk to you?" I said while walking to his side.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. I wanted to wait till you were out of the hospital to tell you this and then Lexa told me that I should tell you now because there is never a good time to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"I'm pregnant Lucas."

Time instantly stopped the moment I finished throwing out words. Lucas remained silent before turning his blank expression into a gigantic smile.

"That's amazing Mia," Lucas said while picking up around his waist and giving me a long majestic kiss. When we pulled away, our heads leaned on each other while we watched thousands of wolves clap for us. Tyler was on the side of them nodding of approval. Lexa told me that there was never a good time to say something like this, but she was wrong. This was the best time to tell Lucas.

--------

6 Hours Later

The sun had just finished setting. There wasn't a streak of light in the sky. Stars twinkled all over. I could've sworn I saw a shooting star.

I was walking along the woods with Nora so that she could I get a break from everything. Tyler and she had a huge blowout earlier and she doesn't know if there is a chance their love could be repaired. It was their first fight and she has no clue how to handle herself now. Nora refuses to tell me what it was about which makes me assume it was about having a family considering I revealed I was pregnant to literally the whole world.

I kept my eyes steady on the crumpled leaves that make crunching noises when I step on them. I began hearing voices. I recognized one of them. It seemed so familiar. The name was on the tip of my tongue yet I couldn't speak what it was. Nora and I both raised our heads and stared at each other. Nora decided it was nothing important and that we should keep walking. I believed if I couldn't put a name on it then it must be nothing.

Nora walked in front of me as the path got smaller. She kept looking forward where as I was looking everywhere.

I saw two people standing across from one another talking loudly. I yanked Nora's arm and pulled both of us behind the large oak tree. The girl turned around and the person I saw wasn't a surprise. Olivia. My suspicions have been right all along.

"I did what Jackson ordered. I poisoned Lucas except he made a faster recovery than expected." Olivia said.

"We are going to have to find another way to ruin his life."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Get Lucas to sleep with you. That with ought to have to ruin his relationship with Mia." The stranger demanded.

"Lucas won't even go near me with Mia around."

"I'll take care of Mia. You take care of Lucas. Trust me, if Mia isn't around then Lucas will fall right into bed with you."

I was astonished by what I was hearing. Get rid of me and then have sex with my mate. This is going way too far. My concentration on Olivia's conversation stopped when I heard a twig snap.

"Nora, don't move. We can't let them know we are here." I whispered.

"It wasn't me," Nora whispered back.

I turned around to see my brother standing a foot away. I stared at his face as he stared at mine. Billions of thoughts piled into my head, but they were all useless. Jackson threw something hard at my stomach. Maybe a rock or a branch? I screamed in agony while clutching my stomach. The baby was all I thought about. My legs buckled and I fell to the dirty ground as shots of pain fired in me. My vision began getting blurring from the tears, but I was able to make out Nora running away from my brother until he grabbed her hair and yanked her to the ground. Jackson walked back over to me and stomped his foot on my skull making everything go black.