Chapter 28-Carnage

"Shhhh. It's okay Mia. You're okay." Jeremy whispered.

The last things I remember are Nora escaping and Xavier beating me. My memory seemed very foggy.

"Where am I?" I managed to make out.

"My house. Jackson thought it best we move you now that Nora has escaped."

"Nora made it?"

"She did. B-but Jackson is very angry with you. I'd watch your back."

"Always," I whispered before I began to fall back to sleep.

Nora POV

I kept running through the woods to get back to my path. I never looked back. Not for a second. Not because Mia told me not to, but because I knew she wasn't behind me which killed me inside. She wanted to stay true to her promise. I just hope we can get to Mia before her brother kills her.

I raced through the open fields. The pack house was in my sights. I kept running, pushing myself as hard as I could. I saw people running out of the pack house as they watched me charge towards them. Lucas and Tyler were in the front.

I stopped five feet in front of them to shift back into human form. A woman brought a robe to me and covered my naked body. I stood up and Tyler ran to me and kissed my lips passionately.

"I'm so sorry," Tyler whispered.

"Mia?" Lucas asked.

"They still have her. She said behind and fought them so I could escape."

"Is she okay?"

"I wouldn't say okay, but she's alive. She wanted me to give this to you."

I handed Lucas the envelope Mia instructed me to give to him. His hands were shaking. He was barely holding it together.

Lucas POV

I was relieved Nora was here, but I couldn't bare the fact Mia was still there. I walked up to my office and opened the letter.

My Lucas,

It's unbearable not being with you. I want to tell you I'm okay, but I'm not. I needed to do my job as Luna. I needed to save Nora. I failed you and our child. Our child is dead, Lucas. I'm so sorry. I'm not going to go into detail of what's happening to me nor where I am. It's too hard to think about. I will do my best to hang on, but I don't think I'll make it. Please, don't come for me. Don't. I can't put anyone else at risk because of me. I'm destroying everything and everyone I love. I can't do this anymore. If I'm not back by the next full moon then please move on. I want you to be happy. Just promise me you will win this war so I know this wasn't for nothing. We weren't for nothing. There's a key planted inside the top right drawer of the dresser. The key opens a safe behind my desk. Inside you'll find everything you need. I love you, Lucas.

-Mia

My heart ached at the fact that my child was dead, what Mia was going through, and the fact she thinks she failed me. I don't care if she doesn't want me to come to her, I'm going to anyway.

I ran to the dresser and pulled out the drawer. There was a key taped to the backboard. I then ran to her desk and yanked it from the wall. At first I couldn't see the safe, but then I saw a small keyhole in the wall. I pushed the key in and a square of wall popped out. Inside was a folder filled with blueprints of the BlueMoon Pack. Everything was labeled. Mia had circled the building she was tortured in and the new one she's in. I couldn't believe Mia knew something like this would happen. There was also a number to Jeremy. That must be the one helping her.

I pulled out her laptop and discovered what she believed all along. Olivia is Jackson's mate.

I made a spur of the moment decision and found Olivia in the gardens.

"I've been expecting you," Olivia said in a sexy voice.

I walked up to her with my fists clenched.

"What are you doing?" Olivia said nervously.

I took my hands and snapped her neck backward. She was dead. I picked up her lifeless body and found Tyler.

"What did you do?" Tyler asked in a shocked voice.

"She's Jackson's mate. I'm going to get Mia."

"Then I'm coming with you." Tyler protested.

Tyler and I began walking to the BlueMoon Pack. Jackson took my mate so I'm taking his.

------

By the time we arrived, nightfall had struck. I wasn't planning on attempting to make sure that Jackson's crew wouldn't know we were here. I wanted to see Jackson's face when he saw me carrying Olivia's lifeless body.

The plan was that I would distract Jackson with Olivia while Tyler met up with Jeremy and took Mia. Xavier saw me walking up and called for five of his men. They surrounded me.

"Bring me, Jackson," I demanded coldly.

I placed Olivia down on the ground while Jackson pushed through his men.

"You took mine so, I took yours," I spoke.

Jackson fell to his knees at the sight of Olivia. I couldn't tell if he actually loved her or if he was just pretending that I struck a cord. Either way, I was pleased.

"You have no idea what we did to Mia. She screamed for help every second and no one was there for her. You weren't there for her. Seeing her bleed and cry gave me the best feeling I've ever had. I'll have that same feeling when I get the chance to kill you. You better watch your back." Jackson spoke while picking up Olivia. "Let's go," He demanded. All the men followed him back to their pack house.

I turned around back towards the woods and saw Tyler waving me to come. I ran to him and was astonished. Mia was in his arms, but she had cuts and bruises covering her body. She looked like roadkill. I can't even imagine what she had endured. I will get my revenge for her.