Chapter 20-2 Girls. 1 Heart.

Once we finished locking the horse up in the stable, people were already heading towards an open field for the paint war. The field was very far away from the life of the pack. I would've thought that it wasn't part of our territory.

The field had to be more than two acres of land. It was surrounded by woods on three sides. The fourth side was almost like a cliff. which made me think the worse. I thought that Jackson was going to show up once again and ruin another event. It's really sad that I'm unable to enjoy anything anymore with the thought of my evil brother in the back of my head.

"It's okay Mia. He wouldn't come back this soon." Lucas said giving me a reassuring smile.

Despite Lucas telling me that everything's fine, I still ached at the fact that something could happen today. I'm forced to live my life in a constant fear of my brother. He has come at us hard, but I know deep down he hasn't come at us as hard as he will.

Lucas ventured off to the center of the field with his advisors while I sat on a rock in the corner. People went to different buckets that contained paint filled balloons. They were the size of a grapefruit which made me worry for the people who would get hit by them.

I think the biggest thing that I admire and enjoy about my new pack is this. Everyone comes together like a big family and plays games, have dinner, and just simply talk. At my old pack, everyone is individual. No one works together or really talks to each other unless they're part of the same blood. It's very lonely there.

The entire field was completely silent which allowed me to imagine my life here in the future after my brother is out of the picture. I imagined Lucas and I having a family. We were teaching our son how to ride a bike without training wheels. It's amazing how a thought so simple can have a heartwarming impact.

My wonderful daydream ended very quickly thanks to Lucas. Since he was the alpha he got to throw the first paint filled balloon. He through the balloon towards me from across the field hitting me directly in my abdomen. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt, but my white blouse was stained with pink paint which irked me. I was never going to get that paint out.

Despite my stained clothes, I immediately hopped off the rock and ran to the closest basket. I grabbed a balloon filled with orange colored paint. Lucas' least favorite color. Sadly, I have terrible aim and missed him by a long shot. He laughed at my pathetic throw.

"Is that all you got?" He yelled at me while laughing hysterically.

Everyone didn't even realize my pathetic throw because they were too busy through balloons at family members. I could no longer walk without stepping in the paint. The green grass was a full assortment of oranges, pinks, blues, purples, and reds.

I grabbed another balloon and chased Lucas until I was close enough to make a successful shot. The back of his tailored suit jacket was now a red mess.

Lucas grabbed another balloon to throw at me causing me to sprint forward without taking my eyes off of him. I saw Lucas release the balloon where he was standing and instantly run towards me. I hadn't realized that I was running towards the cliff until my foot failed to reach any sense of ground.

Before I even dropped, Lucas grabbed ahold of my arm and pulled my close to his chest. He saved me. I was in utter shock.

"Never let me go," I whispered.

"Never," Lucas spoke back before he began kissing my lips.

We had to be kissing for at least two minutes. Both of each other not wanting it to ever end. I felt safe with him. Not because we're mates, but because I love him.