Chapter 10-Brother

My eyes began to slowly flutter open as the smell of freshly brewed coffee filled my nostrils. I threw open the covers and yanked my body off of the mattress. I tiptoed down the stairs attempting to sneak up on Jackson.

When I looked into the kitchen Jackson was nowhere to be sighted. I walked over to the brewer and saw a note. Went out for a run. Will catch up later. P.S. Turn around. In my head, I was trying figure why he told me to turn around. As I was about to turn around, I got ambushed. Jackson began tickling my side.

"Stop it! Stop it!" I giggled.

"I told my advisors that I was taking a day off so that I could spend it catching up with my sister."

We sat at the kitchen for thirty minutes just talking about pointless things like the weather. I was surprised he hadn't asked me about Lucas yet, but I knew that it had to be coming up. When I finished my mug of coffee, I went upstairs and changed into a t-shirt, skinny jeans, and riding boots.

Jackson and I walked to the barn. He pulled out his black horse named Majesty and I took out my old horse named Snowball. We rode them for about an hour until we reached a clearing that I've never seen before.

"What is this place?"

"It's my secret hideout. I come out here when I need to escape the politics."

"It's pretty. I would live out here if I could. I like how it's so secluded from everything, everyone."

We walked over to a picnic table that sat underneath a broad oak tree. I knew this was the moment when I had to tell him everything about what happened between Lucas and me.

"What happened between you two? Dad said that it was going well between you. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"We both know that I have to. It was going great between us. I was starting to see another side of him. I actually liked him. But then Leah showed up out of the blue and told them that I was feeding secrets to you. After they took me from here, I woke up in an underground prison. Leah was in the cell next to mine. Jacob came down and I told him how I knew he did it. He told me that no one would believe me and right he was. Tyler pulled all three of us into a room. Lucas came in and locked me into chains in the middle of the room. He threw rocks at me until eventually Leah cried out saying it was Jacob. I fell unconscious after that. I woke up in the hospital. I had a concussion, broken ribs, and a ruptured artery. I haven't talked to Lucas or seen him since."

"Wow! Thank god your alive. How have you been avoiding him?"

"I told his beta to tell him that I wanted no association with him. I didn't know if I should forgive him and live a life there or if I should reject him as my mate. I've made my decision. When I go back I'm going to tell him."

"What's your decision?"

I let out a big sigh. I didn't know if I should tell him the truth or not. He has been pretty trustworthy thus far, but I still had no clue. I've been backstabbed so many times.

"I-I've decided that I'm going to reject him as my mate. I think it's best for me."

A sense of excitement showed on my brother's face. He knew that he had won. He had me and he knew he can beat Lucas. He would be so weak without me that it's the perfect time to strike.

"I think you're making the right decision here. C'mon I want to show you something."

We hopped back onto the horses and continued to head north. The place we arrived at baffled me. It was a large field with thousands of werewolves preparing for battle.

"H-how did you get so many werewolves?"

"We merged with a few smaller packs and rogues joined us. We will be prepared to go to battle in a few weeks."

I gave Jackson a nod of approval.

"Oh, there's my general Stuart. You stay here. I need to make sure our battle plan is going to work."

Before I could let out a word, Jackson was already gone. Stuart and he walked into a red building. I pulled out a water bottle from my bag. I had witches from Red Moon Pack mix it up. It allows me to hear conversations from far away. I took a sip praying it would work.

"The thing with my sister are going well. She's planning on rejecting him. Once we kill her precious Alpha, we can execute her immediately. How's the battle strategy coming?"

"Good, my sir. Three weeks from today, we can start phase one. In about six months, we will invade and kill the alpha. Jackson, keep convincing her that she is safe here. She's a key part to this plan."

Their conversation wasn't surprising to me. Jackson hasn't been acting himself at all today. He's been too nice. He still thinks I'm some stupid girl who thinks the best of everyone. He's not the only who has changed. I will make sure he regrets this.

The trip home was silent. When we got back, my best friend was waiting on the porch.

"Lilly!" I ran over to her not even caring that my chest was hurting from my injuries.

"I had to see you. I needed to make sure you were alive." Lilly whispered into my ear.

We went up to the room for hours to talk about everything we've missed in each others lives.

LILLY POV

I was so relieved to see Mia again. Things hadn't been going well with my mate. He beats me every time something doesn't go his way. I'm miserable without having someone to talk to.

"How have things been going at you new pack?"

"They've been rough, but it will get better. I know it. Things will get better once I leave here."

"Why will they get better if you leave here?"

"Jackson is planning on executing me for my ties to Lucas. I'm not supposed to know. He's going to battle in a few weeks." Mia whispered.

"Oh my god. This isn't your brother."

"Lilly, I'm escaping tonight. Before this battle happens, please sneak away and come to my new pack. I will keep you safe there."

I gave her a nod. I'm actually considering it. It makes me sad though that she is leaving when she only just got here. I need her. I've decided that I was going to attempt to gather information for Mia prior to my escape.

"Goodbye, Mia. I will see you soon. I promised." I said as I hugged her goodbye.