Chapter 24-Past Not Forgotten

Jackson POV

2 Years Ago in BlueMoon Pack

I have met the love of my life. Her name is Adalyn Stone. She has the silkiest blonde hair that just passes her shoulders. She has bright blue pearls to see out of along with rose-stained lips.

She's different than everyone I've met. She is part werewolf and part witch. She has a strong connection with nature. She doesn't believe people are bad, she believes the people who do bad things have not experienced the world around them.

We met a month ago on my trip to Paris. I went into a small cafe to get a coffee and there she was sitting at the counter drinking a latte. Our eyes stared at each other for minutes. We both felt a strong attraction for each other. I could've sworn we were mates, but we weren't. We couldn't be. When we touched, there was no electric shock or pull to each other. My father kept telling me that I was desperate to find my mate which is why I felt some sort of attraction to her. I told him that he was wrong when in reality I was wrong.

I brought Adalyn back to my pack with me and on that same day, she found her mate. Her mate ripped her away from me. I saw her the following week with cuts and bruises covering her body all around. Her mate had been torturing her. From that moment on, I vowed to myself that I would never turn into that monster.

Even though we weren't mates, I still craved Adalyn. She wasn't happy with her mate and I wasn't happy she wasn't my mate so I figured that I will make her mine. I decided my only option to make her my mate was to do what my mother did with my little sister Mia and Alpha Lucas.

That evening, I tore apart our attic in search of my mother's journals. She was the only person who would have any information on how to make a successful sacrifice to change mates.

I had to sacrifice someone who is equal to my Adalyn. I sent my friend Xavier out to find a girl who is half witch and half wolf. It took him only a day to track down a girl named Lexa. She had the power of sight just like my Adalyn.

My mother died from performing this sacrifice and I surely knew they would kill me. I couldn't let Adalyn be out two mates. I can't put her through that so I decided to enlist the help of my friends Alpha Lucas and Alpha Brady. They wouldn't kill three alphas.

They quickly agreed to help me. We planned the ceremony in the old church later that night. Lucas helped me set up the church while Brady watched over Lexa.

Brady POV

I had to do everything in my power to stop the ritual from happening. I've been in search for my mate for what feels like forever and here I found her. I only have just gotten her and I will not lose her this soon.

"I'm going to stop this ceremony. I promise." I whispered to Lexa.

"Don't make promises you know you can't keep," She spoke while getting teary eyed.

In a way I knew she was right. How could I stop this ceremony and still keep my people safe?

I rushed out of the cellar to get Lucas. I knew he would help me since he has been bugging me to find my mate for awhile now.

"Lucas, we need to stop this ceremony." I insisted.

"No! Never! Do you know what Jackson would do to us if this ceremony doesn't go the way he planned? I'm not putting myself at risk."

"What if I told you that Lexa is my mate."

"What?"

"I only just found out. Please, cousin, help me save my mate."

"Fine, but you better have a good plan."

I took Lexa out of cellar later that day and showed her where to meet me after this goes down. Lucas thought it best that she doesn't hide on Jackson's territory, so we agreed to meet at a waterfall about an hour away from the pack life.

We went over how Lexa should escape. In the middle of the ceremony Lucas was going to distract Jackson while I unchain Lexa. It seemed pretty simple, but I knew it wouldn't be.

Before the ceremony started, Jackson brought his younger sister Mia to the old church in order to meet his soon to be mate. Jackson insisted that Mia stays during the ceremony that way she can experience what her mother did when she was younger.

When the time came, Lucas began telling Jackson that he saw someone in the window. Jackson knew this wouldn't be good for him causing Jackson to head out of the church to find the person lurking about. I quickly unchained Lexa and she ran out of the back door.

Jackson ordered me to go capture. I ran out except I took too long causing Jackson to realize we were planning this all along.

Lucas POV

I helped my cousin get his mate, but little did I know the consequences that come along with it.

Adalyn began coughing up blood. Jackson tried to stop it, but with no use. Adalyn died in Jackson's arms.

"You have no idea what you have done," Jackson spoke ferociously.

Mia was in the corner crying at what she just witnessed. She just witnessed her brother's soon to be mate die.

Jackson placed Adalyn's body down on the rotted wood. He got up with his teeth gritting and his fist clenched. He walked over to Mia and yanked her to the center of the church floor. We took away Jackson's mate and now he was going to take away mine.

Jackson began punching and kicking Mia. Mia kept screaming and crying and I couldn't help her. Jackson's father heard the loud cries for help. He ran into the church busting in the doors. He ran over to Jackson in an attempt to pull Jackson off of her. Jackson stood up away from her bloody body and slammed his foot down on her skull. Mia's cries instantly left the room.

Her father knelt down beside her and tried to wake her up. Mia had no pulse. He kept giving her CPR with no luck. She wouldn't wake up. His advisor Anson ran into the room. He saw Mia's lifeless body with the alpha crying next to her.

"You need to go," Anson spoke towards me.

I stood there frozen for a few seconds until I was able to put one foot in front of the other. I ran to the waterfall to find Lexa and Brady kissing behind a rock. They pulled away from each other giving me room to punch Brady in the jaw.

"What's the matter, man?" Brady called still laying on the ground.

"Mia is dead. Mia is dead because of you."

"I'm sorry man."

"Sorry isn't going to bring her back will it. I will never forgive you for this!" I roared.

-----------

I haven't talked to Brady since yesterday. My blood is still boiling. He caused Mia to suffer that pain. He caused Mia to die.

Mia's father called me early this morning. The doctors were able to resuscitate her. She is in bad shape, but they think she'll make it. However, Mia doesn't remember anything about her life. She didn't even remember her own father. He asked me to never tell her about the events last night. Her father also told me that while he is alive Jackson will not come on my land and I will not come on their land unless it's to get Mia, but once he's gone, we can do what we wish.