Chapter 21-Escape From Suffocation

Mia POV

I did not know what to do about Lucas, but I did know one thing for sure, I can't be around the pack right now. The suffocation I feel is endless. I had to get away. The only problem is I don't know where to go.

I didn't have many choices of where to journey to. Either way I went, I'd either be somewhere that reminded me of Lucas or I'd be heading towards Jackson. My two least favorite people. I decided my best choice would be heading into town where the humans live even though it's pretty risky. Werewolves aren't allowed there, but I had no choice.

In a way, I kinda hoped the humans would notice that I, a werewolf, invaded the town that way they could kill me. For me, death was the only solution to end my misery. Except that couldn't happen. I can't leave behind Lily. She coming tomorrow and I need to make sure she gets to the pack safely.

I've never really been to the town before. I went there once when I was four. My dad was discussing an arrangement with their mayor about borders. From what I remember, the people had mixed emotions about us being there. Some were curious about us while others wanted to slit our throats. Despite our differences, human and wolf get along generally well as long as both follow the rules set into place for everyone's well-being.

Getting to the town took a lot longer than it should've. If I entered through the side that is closest to the werewolf packs then it would be obvious what I am so I had to walk around the town and enter from the other side. The other side is just a long highway that connects to a neighboring city.

The town was wild in strength. Every aspect of it seemed so familiar. The tall narrow building that lines the street, the cracked sidewalks with the hot dog stands on every corner, or even the children who flew their kites in the park. Everything seemed in place. This puzzle seemed completed.

I felt at peace here. I didn't feel like the enemy for once. I decided to head towards the park. I figured I'd sleep on a park bench tonight considering I didn't have enough money to rent a room for one night. The moon rose fast causing the humans to lock their doors quick. I didn't understand why everyone fled until I noticed it was a full moon.

A few small packs that are governed by either Lucas and Jackson consist of wolves who can only change under a full moon. I've heard brutal bedtime stories about these wolves. Let's just say they don't have good people skills. I'm assuming most of these wolves attack human headquarters under the full moon.

I could hear howls drawing closer and closer. My attention drew away from the howls towards the group of five vicious men walking sternly towards me. Wolves.

I quickly stood up from the park bench to reach eye level with them. I had to make sure to show them that I wasn't afraid of them. If I could survive Lucas and my brother, I think I'm good.

They spoke no words upon reaching me. The tall lean man with a rough face immediately punches me in the jaw. I fell down on a bench. My jaw stung an immense amount of pain. I took my hand that broke my fall and grasped my jaw. Red liquid seeped onto my hand. I was above angry.

My eyes flashed into dark pearls. My anger was burning inside. I was beginning to turn into a wolf, except I couldn't let that happen.

"Ooooooo. We have a wolf on our hands." The man who punched me chuckled.

"She's not turning!" One of them called from behind.

"That's right." The brutal man spoke darkly. He trapped my chin and yanked me back up to my feet. "What pack are you a part of? BlueMoon or RedMoon?"

"RedMoon." I managed to spit out.

"What are you doing here? RedMoons are not by any means allowed!" He spoke violently