Chapter 22-Dominos

Light rays began to seep through my blinds revealing the vibrant hues of the sky. It's only six in the morning which is way to early for me to be awake except I've been waiting for this day to come for what felt like forever. I was going to get my best friend back.

The birds awoken prior to me except their chirps were drowned out by the constant honking of car horns. This is what a city is like. How do these people get up this early each morning?

Today felt miraculously different. I felt like every thought in my head was wiped clean. I have a fresh perspective on basically everything. I've had time to adjust to the thought of Lucas having a relationship before I came along. I think I keep overreacting to every single thing. My brain doesn't shut off when I'm in my normal life. I have no filter which makes me regret most things I lash out at, but I'm ready to fall back into my own shoes. I'm ready to feel alive again.

I carefully yanked myself off the burgundy coach in an attempt to not wake Aiden up. At one point, it seemed as though he was waking up, but he just stuff is face back into the cushion. This made me relieved. I walked over towards the window that overlooked the streets. Rush hour traffic. It seemed that every human owned a car. My attention moved away from the angry pedestrians towards my reflection. My hair was in a large knot and I was still in my paint stained clothes.

I grabbed my purse and carefully unlocked the front door. Walking down the stairs, I felt as though everyone was tired at looking at endless lines of cars causing them to stare at me. I looked like a train wreck.

I walked onto the tan stone sidewalk only to be run over by a girl who was running. She must've been late to work. She had her brunette hair in a messy bun which really fit her whole look. She had these big black glasses that someone would wear in the '90s along with maroon jeans and a black sweater.

When she ran into me, I was caught very off guard. My wallet flung forward into a dirty puddle. Luckily I didn't fall over into the puddle. The girl tripped over me and was about to fall down into the puddle as well except I use my werewolf reflexes to catch her.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry! I wasn't expecting someone to be on the sidewalk. I'm really really sorry." She said apologetically.

"No worries. Are you alright?"

"I fine, but....your purse." Her voice getting softer with each word.

The girl ran over to the puddle and picked up my glittery purse. Instead of silver it was now black with dirty leaves sticking to it.

"Oh my god. I am so very sorry. Please let my buy you a new one." She insisted.

"It's fine. Really."

"Are you sure? Is there anything I can do for you?"

The girl didn't seem fazed that she was talking to a werewolf. It was actually quite nice not to be the enemy to a human.

"There is one thing you could do for me. Where can I find a clothing store that is open? As you can see, I can't really walk around wearing this." I laughed.

"Come with me." The girl giggled back.

I followed the girl around the corner until we came upon a store called "Lacy's Fashion Boutique".

"Here you are."

"Thanks! I'm Mia by the way."

"Elizabeth. I have to get to work now. See you around."

"See you later." I smiled while waving her goodbye.

I walked into the clothing store only to be amazed by the selection. There were racks filled with dresses and skirts floor to ceiling. In the center of the store, more racks filled with clothes.