13

In Mahila Police Thana

Maddamsir was walking to her cabin when she received a call from CC.

" Hello?" MS said.

" I won't be there at the Thana today. I have some things to take care of....I will inform this to Karishma Singh... she'll be there with you." Moonie said and hung up the call.

' Didn't even wait for my reply. Bitch!' MS thinks.

MS went in the cabin and then bend down keep her phone in the drawer. She stood up and saw Shivani sitting on the chair before her with a sickening smile on her face. MS screamed loudly.

' When I came in no one was here....How can she just appear out of the blue?' MS thinks.

"Next time don't shout." Shiavni says and Karishma comes running in my cabin.

" What happened Maddamsir!?!" Karishma frantically asks.

" Shiavani!-" MS turns to the chair ahead of here but no one was there.

' I swear she was here!' MS thinks.

" Karishma Singh believe me Shiavni was here! I just saw her sitting on this chair!" MS says.

Karishma checks all the cabin and outside the window but finds no one.

" Maddamsir no one is here. Calm down." Karishma Singh says.

"But she was here just a minute ago! I swear I saw her!" Maddamsir shouts frantically.

" Okay okay calm down Maddamsir. It's okay. I am here.... you're safe....no one's here." Karishma says.

" Karishma can you please sit in my cabin untill Moonie is out?" Haseena asks.

" Yes! Yes ofcourse Maddamsir." Karishma Singh said and went to collect her working files.

Maddamsir took her pills and started calming down a little.

Karishma re-entered Maddamsir's cabin and sat at the desk in the corner. Maddamsir took some unsolved cases and began examining those files.

Maddamsir glances out of her window. And suddenly Shivani comes in her window. Maddamsir is too stunned to speak. Shivani puts her finger on her lips signalling Maddamsir to stay quite.

Maddamsir begs Shivani to leave Karishma alone through her eyes. Shivani just smirks and signals Maddamsir to continue her work. Maddamsir works while Shivani watches Haseena through the window.

The constant gaze of Shivani on her, made Maddamsir nervous. Maddamsir's whole body began to shake. She holds the file with trembling hands. Shivani's grin widens as she sees Maddamsir's fear.

Karishma looks up from her file and sees Maddamsir shaking. Maddamsir's hands were trembling.

" Are you okay Maddamsir?" Karishma Singh comes to ger and asks.

Maddamsir glances at the window again but this time she sees no one in the window.

" Maddamsir?" Karishma says.

" Ye-yeah I am o-okay Karishma Singh." Maddamsir says.

Karishma notices Maddamsir looking at the window again and this time goes to window and shuts it.

" Let's keep the window closed huh?" Karishma says.

Maddamsir shakily nods.

Maddamsir texts Moonie,
' Moonie it's happening again.....the hallucinations are back and these damn pills are doing nothing!'

CC reads Maddamsir's text and calls her immediately. Haseena goes out to receive the call.

" Haseena, what happened?" CC says.

" Moonie its happening again Moonie!.... she's everywhere....she was in my cabin....she was watching me work.... it's like she is my shadow !" Haseena hastily explains to CC.

" Did you take your pills?" CC asks.

" Yes! Yes Moonie I did....I never even missed a dose." Haseena says.

"Look there's no need to panic darling.....come home at the evening and then we'll talk okay?" CC says.

" Okay..." Haseena replies.

" Have you told Karishma Singh about these?" CC asks.

Haseena shakes her head no.

" Darling I can't see if you shake your head no or yes." CC says knowing Haseena's habit.

" No I didn't tell Karishma any of this." Maddamsir says.

" Okay let her come home this evening and then we'll talk." CC says and hangs the call.

At the evening in MS'S home

Karishma is in her room freshening up and MS and CC are down in the hall.

" Moonie.... let's not tell this to Karishma." HM says.

" But why?" CC asks.

" Look after the first time I began to have hallucinations everyone thought I was mentally ill......even my parents.... I don't want Karishma to think of me like that." Haseena says with tears in her eyes.

" Okay but tomorrow you're coming with me to get you new medication since these aren't working." CC says.

Haseena just nods. CC then gets up at head towards the kitchen.

" What are you doing Moonie?" Haseena asks CC.

" I'll be cooking us dinner." CC says and smirks.

Haseena quickly gets up and follows her.

" Hahah still can't enough of me." CC says and winks at HM.

" Oh shut up I am just here to help you ." Haseena says.

" Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night. " CC says teasingly.

" This would rather keep me awake at night." Haseena mumbled in low voice.

" What was that?" CC asks.

" Nothing!" Haseena quickly says.

Karishma comes down by the time CC finishes cooking. The trio has dinner together and goes to sleep.

______________________________________
Comment your thoughts 🤗