Chapter 10

Back in Andy's room, Rex was using his foot to change the TV channel for the Al's Toybarn commercial and he said " I can't find it! It doesn't seem to be anywhere in these stations!"

" Keep looking." Buzz told the toy dinosaur.

" Ah. You're goin' to slow. Lemme take the wheel." Hamm said before he started to rapidly press the button which caused the commercials to rapidly change.

" It's too fast. How can you even tell what's on?" Rex asked the piggy bank.

" I can tell." Hamm responded. He kept changing the channel rapidly even when the Al's Toybarn commercial appeared on the screen. The toys caught on and they all told Hamm to go back before he responded " Too late. I'm in the 40s. Gotta go 'round the horn. It's faster." He kept pressing until it reached Al's commercial and the toys quickly stopped him before he could change it again.

" And look for the giant chicken!" Al exclaimed from the TV. Buzz then turned to Etch and said " Now Etch!"

Etch drew a map on his screen which showed the way to Al's Toybarn. Buzz bent down and pointed to the statue of Al's big egg-shaped chicken outside the toy store before he said " That's where I need to go."

" You can't go, Buzz. You'll never make it there." Rex worriedly reminded Buzz.

" Woody & Sylvia once risked their lives to save me. I couldn't call myself their friends if I weren't willing to do the same." Buzz said as he looking down on the floor before he looked up at the toys and asked " So who's with me?"

After hearing what Buzz said, Boy Blue thought for a moment before he looked down at his pet cow Bessie and she understood what her master was thinking so she nodded her head yes in response. Boy Blue then spoke up " Well Buzz. If you're gonna go rescue Woody & Sylvia, Bessie & I are coming with you to rescue them." Everyone looked at him with shock and Mr. Potato Head and Hamm both exclaimed " You?!"

" Look, I know it's dangerous for me & Bessie to go outdoors since we're wooden marionettes with wobbly arms & legs but Sylvia's my best friend and I don't want anything bad happening to her and Woody. Not again." Boy Blue told everyone before he reminded them " Besides, Sylvia once risked her life to save me & Bessie from Scud when he was trying to attack us the year before last year." The other toys murmured in agreement as they knew Boy Blue had a point.

" Woody & Sylvia have done a lot for us and Buzz is right. I wouldn't call myself Sylvia's best friend if I didn't do anything to help her when she needs me, so Bessie & I are going to take that risk of finding her and Woody before Andy returns home from Cowboy Camp." Boy Blue stated with bravery in his voice and the other toys were amazed by what he just said. Then, Slinky Dog, Hamm, Rex and Mr. Potato Head agreed to go with Buzz, Boy Blue & Bessie on the rescue mission.

(Later on...)
Mrs. Potato Head was packing Mr. Potato Head's accessories in his part storage hatch in his back and said " I'm packing you an extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes. Just in case." She then closed the storage hatch as soon as she was finished packing. Bo Peep walked over to Buzz and said " This is for Woody. When you find him & Sylvia."

Bo Peep then kissed Buzz on the left cheek which made him blush a bit before he cleared his throat and said " All right. But I, I don't think it'll mean the same coming from me."

" Mr. Buzz Lightyear, you gotta save my pal, Woody." Wheezy pleadingly told Buzz before he started wheezing again.

" I'll do my best, son." Buzz assured the squeaky toy penguin. Mrs. Potato Head kissed her husband on the right cheek before she gave him his mustache.

" Okay, fellas. Let's roll!" Mr. Potato Head told Buzz, Hamm, Boy Blue, Bessie, Rex and Slinky Dog. The seven toys walked on the roof and they used Slinky's back as a bungee cord to jump down to the ground. Mr. Potato was first and he exclaimed " Geronimo!"

Mr. Potato Head landed on the ground and let Slinky's back end go back up to Hamm who grabbed it to jump down next.

" You'd think with all my video game experience, I'd be feeling more prepared." Rex said before he grabbed Slinky's back end and as he did, he fell and held onto it bouncing up & down while screaming. Boy Blue & Bessie waited patiently for Rex to let go of Slinky's butt as they were ready to get down next.

" The idea is to let go." Slinky told the toy dinosaur before Rex let go and as Slinky's butt flew back up, Boy Blue grabbed it and Bessie climbed up onto his back before she held onto it as they both jumped down to the ground.

" We'll be back before Andy gets home." Buzz told the remaining toys that stayed in Andy's room.

" Don't talk to any toy you don't know!" Mrs. Potato Head called out to Buzz as Bo Peep and the other remaining toys waved goodbye to him.

" To Al's ToyBarn and beyond!" Buzz exclaimed before he grabbed Slinky's back end and jumped down and let it fly up only for Slinky to leap off as he caught his back and jumped down to join the others.

" All right, guys. Let's get going." Buzz told Rex, Slinky Dog, Boy Blue, Bessie, Hamm and Mr. Potato Head as they all followed Buzz's lead.