Chapter 27

Sylvia just looked at Woody with a bewildered expression on her face when Woody still refused to go back to Andy's. The other toys looked dismayed at Woody's decision as everything was just silent. Buzz broke the silence by saying " Let's go, everyone."

" What about Woody?" Slinky Dog asked with a sad face.

" He's not coming with us." Buzz responded as he & Sylvia walked away very upset to the vent. Suddenly, Sylvia stopped herself as she had an idea what to say to Woody before she can leave.

" But... but Andy's coming home tonight." Rex said as he was shocked by all of this while he and the others started walking towards the vent.

" Then, we'd better make sure we're there waiting for him." Buzz responded as the toys & Utility Belt Buzz went inside the vent looking down in sadness. Slinky gave one last sad look at Woody before he entering. Boy Blue & Bessie stayed behind with Buzz & Sylvia as Woody looked at them before he disappointingly said " I have no choice, guys. This is my only chance."

" To do what, Woody? Watch kids from glass & never be loved again? Some life." Buzz responded angrily and sarcastically while looking at Woody with disgust before he looked at the princess and said " Come on, Sylvia."

" Wait, I wanna to say one last thing to say to Woody before I go." Sylvia told the space toy and wooden puppets.

" Sylvia, Woody's already made up his mind." Buzz responded.

" I know. But the last thing I'm gonna tell him is something that'll convince him to come back home with us. And if Woody doesn't wanna go back, then I'll meet you guys in the vent & we'll just go home without him." Sylvia said.

Buzz, Boy Blue and Bessie looked at each other and sighed before Boy Blue responded " That's fine, Sylvia. We'll wait for you inside the vent." The three of them entered the vent before Buzz shut the cover behind them. Woody didn't know what to say due to feeling terrible for turning his back on Buzz, Sylvia and the other toys.

Sylvia then turned to Woody but before she can tell him anything, the sheriff turned around and walked away from her. The Roundup Gang & Royal Revolution Squad watched the two toys go towards the TV before Woody & Sylvia sat down in front of it since they heard the song " You've got a friend in me."

(Meanwhile)
Buzz and the other toys just waited for Sylvia to finish talking to Woody before they leave. Buzz & Boy Blue looked at each other before they sighed.

" Sylvia, I sure hope you know what you're doing." Buzz thought to himself as he was starting to feel worried.

(Back in Al's apartment)
As Woody was looking at himself on the TV screen, Sylvia thought about what her idea was and said " You know, I kind of thought about what the Prospector said about Andy growing up and that none of us can do anything about and he does a point. I mean, when Tammy started growing up, she lost interest in playing with us." Woody just sat there not saying anything.

" But, what the prospector forgot to mention was that even though Andy's growing up, we can still watch that happen." Sylvia told Woody who looked at her confused and he asked " What do you mean, Sylvia?"

" I mean that Jacob, Delaney, Angel & I were there for Tammy when she started growing up. So why not do the same for Andy? It wouldn't hurt to try." Sylvia convinced the sheriff. As a response, Woody didn't say anything but just looked down at the floor and sighed.

Sylvia looked away from Woody and sighed and as soon as the princess was about to get up and leave, she heard " Sylvia's right, Woody." The both of turned around to see Jacob, Delaney and Angel walking towards them.

" Hey, guys." Sylvia greeted her brother & two best friends.

" Hey." Jacob & Delaney greeted back.

" How did you guys..." Sylvia tried to ask them but Jacob interrupted by saying " Well, we thought about what your spaceman friend said when he told Woody that life's only worth living if you're being loved by a kid."

" And?" Sylvia questioned.

" And we're here to tell you that we wanna go with you guys back to Andy's house. Honestly, I'd give anything to be with Tammy one last time." Delaney told the princess.

" So would I." Jacob agreed with Delaney as Angel nodded her head in agreement. Hearing this, Woody & Sylvia looked at them surprised in a positive light before Woody looked up at the screen to that a kid appeared on the TV and to Woody's surprise, the kid hugged the sheriff's TV self. Woody picked up his boot and scraped the new paint off of it to reveal Andy's name written on the bottom. Sylvia and the Royal Revolution Squad looked at the sheriff and asked " Well, Woody? What do you say? Do you wanna go back to Andy's house?" Before he can respond, Woody realized that Sylvia, Buzz & the other toys were right and he thought " What am I doing?" The sheriff then looked at Sylvia and he responded " Sylvia, I just thought about what you said and I have one thing to say."

" Yeah? What is it?" Sylvia asked the sheriff. Woody smiled before he said " Let's go back to Andy's house."

" Now that's the spirit!" Sylvia exclaimed with glee as she & Woody got up from the tape and they bolted towards the vent with Jacob, Delaney & Angel following them and Woody called out " Buzz! Wait! Wait!"

" Woody, Where are you going?" Stinky Pete asked desperately.

" You were right, Prospector. Sylvia & I can't stop Andy from growing up. But the two of us wouldn't miss it for the world." Woody told the old man.

" You guys are going too?" Jessie asked Jacob, Delaney and Angel Cakes.

" Well, it's been years since we got played with by a kid, so yeah." Jacob answered Jessie's question before he went towards the vent along with his sister, Woody, Delaney and Angel.

" No!" Stinky Pete cried out. Woody opened the vent and called out " Buzz!"

From inside the vent, the other toys turned around and both Buzzes responded " Yes?"

" I'm coming with you!" Woody called out as he was about to get into the vent but he stopped as he got an idea before he called out " Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. We'll be back in just a second." Woody went back into the apartment as he had an idea.

" Way to go, cowboy!" Buzz encouraged as the other toys began to cheer on.

" I knew Sylvia could talk sense into him." Boy Blue cheered on.