Chapter 16

(Meanwhile)
The next day, Buzz was using his karate chop action to move some leaves out of his way since he & the other toys were in the bushes. The other toys were behind him & they were exhausted including Boy Blue & Bessie.

" Hey Buzz, can we slow down? May I remind you that some of us are carrying over 60 dollars in change?" Hamm asked Buzz in exhaustion.

" Losing health units. Must rest." Rex said with so much exhaustion coming out of him. Boy Blue took his hat and he used it to fan himself since he was exhausted and he said " You know, I have to agree with Hamm & Rex. Bessie & I are pretty exhausted ourselves." Bessie nodded in agreement while she was panting at the same time.

" Is everyone present and accounted for?" Buzz asked his friends.

" Not quite everyone." Mr. Potato Head responded which made Buzz look confused and he asked " Who's behind?"

" Mine." Slinky Dog responded as he & the other toys saw his back end walk up slowly towards them before it slumped down as Slinky was exhausted.

" Hey. Guys! Why did the toys cross the road?" Hamm questioned which made Boy Blue & Bessie look at each other before looking at Hamm with concerned looks on their faces.

" Not now, Hamm." Buzz responded as the other toys continued to walk towards the piggy bank.

" Oh. I love riddles! Why?" Rex asked the piggy bank before Hamm responded " To get to the chicken on the other side!" The toys were completely surprised and were extremely happy to see Al's ToyBarn across the street and they exclaimed " Hooray!"

" Yippee!" Rex exclaimed with joy.

" I can't believe it! We found Al's ToyBarn!" Boy Blue exclaimed with joy as Bessie made cheerful mooing noises.

A lot of cars came zooming past and one of them hit a can and it landed in front of the toys. Bessie quickly ran behind Boy Blue in fright after seeing a can get crushed.

" Oh well, we tried." Rex commented as he tried to walk away but Buzz grabbed him by the tail and said " We'll have to cross." The other toys gasped in shock when they heard Buzz say that while Bessie whimpered with fright.

" Buzz, you're not serious, are you?!" Boy Blue questioned & exclaimed.

" Yes I am." Buzz answered Boy Blue's question.

" You're not turning me into a mashed potato." Mr. Potato Head said.

" I may not be smart dog, but I know what roadkill is." Slinky Dog stated.

" There must be a safe way." Buzz muttered to himself before he spotted something which gave him an idea.

Later, each of the toys were underneath one cone at a time on a pavement. Boy Blue & Bessie were underneath a cone with Buzz since Boy Blue wasn't strong enough to lift up a cone by himself. As soon as the traffic lights turned from green to red after some cars passed, Buzz told the toys " Okay, here's our chance. Ready. Set. Go." The toys then across the street using the cones above them. Rex whimpered nervously inside his cone.

The traffic lights turned from red to green and as soon as cars came rolling towards the toys, Buzz yelled " DROP!"

Everyone stopped and dropped their cones. From outside the cone he was holding, Buzz, Boy Blue & Bessie heard a car swerving to avoid the cones and it got into some spikes on a driveway which punctuated the tires and another car crashed into it. After hearing what happened, Boy Blue whispered " Are you sure the drivers aren't gonna notice that a bunch of traffics cones are moving across the street?"

" Don't worry about it. They won't notice as long as they're far away from us." Buzz whispered and as soon the coast was clear, he yelled out " Go!"

They moved on until Buzz, Boy Blue & Bessie heard more cars so Buzz shouted out " DROP!" Before he & the wooden marionettes dropped along with Slinky and Rex. Buzz noticed that Hamm & Mr. Potato Head didn't hear him the first time so he repeated himself " I SAID DROP!!" Finally, Hamm and Mr. Potato Head dropped and cars swerved to avoid the cones, resulting in a car crash and wheel rolling. As soon as the coast was clear again, Buzz yelled out " Go!" The toys did what he said and resumed walking.

As Hamm muttered to himself, a monster truck came by zooming over his cone which made it spin around along with Hamm for a second before it stopped. As soon as Buzz, Boy Blue & Bessie heard more cars coming, Buzz yelled out " Drop!" Once again, the toys did what Buzz said and a car swerved around to avoid them. Then a truck with a concrete pipe braked, making it's trailer move around in a big U turn.

" Go!" Buzz yelled out one last time before the toys resumed walking across the street. Then as the trailer leaned, the chains holding the pipe broke and it rolled off the trailer and onto the road.

Mr. Potato Head got his shoe on some gum so he stopped to search for it until he touched it. As the pipe rolled towards him, he strained to get his shoe unstuck until he finally set it free and ran to the other side just as the pipe rolled to the gum and got it stuck to its side. The toys arrived on the other side of the road and out there cones down before Mr. Potato Head said " Ah, that went well." Bessie turned to the direction of the street to see all the cars piled up and the pipe rolled towards a pole and knocked it down to the road before she gulped. Boy Blue started to pet her on the head as a sway of telling her not to worry about it.

" Good job, troops. We're that much closer to Woody & Sylvia." Buzz told the others before they started towards Al's ToyBarn. They were also unaware that Woody & Sylvia were not in Al's ToyBarn, the two toys were in Al's apartment which happened to be on the other side of the street.