Chapter 21

(Time Skip)
Across the road, Al got out and left his bag in the car much to the other toys' shock and Rex exclaimed " Aah! He didn't take the bag!"

" No time to lose!" Utility Belt Buzz exclaimed as he jumped out of bag and ran to the door. He tried to pull the handle but it wouldn't budge. The space toy climbed to the door window and saw Al going into the lift before he said " He's ascending in the vertical transporter." Utility Belt Buzz jumped down, opened his wings and grabbed Rex & Mr. Potato Head's and said " All right, everyone. Hang on. We're gonna blast through the roof." The toys were completely weirded out by this.

" Uh, Buzz?" Rex tried to tell the space toy that he can't fly but Utility Belt Buzz didn't listen and exclaimed " To Infinity and Beyond!" He tried to fly but nothing happened. Boy Blue tapped Buzz's imposter on the shoulder and asked him " Um, Buzz? Why not try to open the car door to get out?"

" Exactly. We're wasting time." Mr. Potato Head said before he looked at Rex and said " Stand still, Godzilla."

Mr. Potato Head climbed up onto Rex's head and strained to pull the lock.

" I-I don't understand. Somehow, my fuel cells have gone dry." Utility Belt Buzz murmured to himself before he put his hand, pressing a switch which unlocked the door, sending Mr. Potato Head falling over backwards onto the seat when his arms came off causing Hamm to laugh at him.

The door opened and Utility Belt Buzz stepped outside before he turned on his laser to scan the area to see if it was clear. Once he was done, Th other toys got out of the car and they ran over to the door and saw the elevator arrow going all the way to the 23rd floor.

" Blast! He's on level 23." Utility Belt Buzz told the other toys.

" How are we gonna get up there?" Slinky Dog asked his friends as they were trying to figure out how they can get up to level 23.

" Maybe if we find some balloons, we could float to the top." Rex suggested.

" Are you kidding? I say we stack ourselves up, push the intercom, and pretend we're delivering a pizza." Mr. Potato Head suggested which made Slinky, Boy Blue and Bessie look at each other with raised eyebrows.

" How about a sandwich? With fries and a hot dog." Hamm suggested.

" What about me?" Rex asked.

" Ah, you can be the toy that comes with the meal." Hamm joked.

" Um, guys? I don't wanna sound rude but, all of those ideas sound really stupid." Boy Blue stated.

" Well do YOU have any great ideas for us, smart boy?" Mr. Potato Head rudely asked the wooden boy. As soon as Boy Blue was going to say something, Utility Belt Buzz exclaimed " Troops! Over here!" The toys noticed him going to a grill on the left and pulled the cover off it and he put it to the side before he said " Just like you said, lizard man. " In the shadows to the left." Okay, let's move!" The toys headed inside the air vent to look for Woody. Utility Belt Buzz opened his wrist communicator and said " Mission log. Have infiltrated enemy territory without detection are making our way through the bowels of Zurg's fortress."

" You know, I think that Buzz aisle went to his head." Hamm told Mr. Potato Head. Still puzzled by the Evil Emperor Zurg thing, Boy Blue tried to speak up " Um Buzz, we're not looking for..." He didn't have time to finish as soon as the toys stopped to notice that they came to a vent junction so Utility Belt Buzz turned on his laser to choose where to go.

" Oh no, which way do we go?" Slinky Dog asked. Utility Belt Buzz pointed to the left and said " This way." As soon as they went to the left, Mr. Potato Head asked " What makes you so sure?"

" I'm Buzz Lightyear, I'm always sure!" Utility Belt Buzz responded. Then the vents started to shake & rumble around the toys.

" We've been detected! The walls! They're closing in! Quick! Help me, prop up, vegetable man, or we're done for!" Buzz exaggerated which made the other toys look at him like he was crazy.

" Hey! Put me down, you moron!" Mr. Potato Head yelled angrily.

" Hey, guys! Look, it's not the walls! It's the elevator!" Rex told his friends. The toys looked to see the elevator going down until it stopped. They got over and looked up at the shaft which was a way up before Utility Belt Buzz said " Come on, we've got no time to lose. Everyone, grab hold!" He pulled out a rope handle and tossed it to Mr. Potato Head's hand before he pulled out two red handles to which magnets appeared on them. He stuck them to the metal surface and started climbing up. The toys started climbing up after the Utility Belt Buzz while looking up at the space toy with raised eyebrows.

" Uh, Buzz? Why not just take the elevator?" Hamm questioned the space toy who then answered his question with " They'll be expecting that!"

" Well, you're not wrong about that, Buzz!" Boy Blue agreed. As soon as  Utility Belt Buzz started to climb up the walls too fast, Rex called out " Hey, Buzz! Stop! Slow down!"

" Yeah, Buzz! You have to wait for the rest of us to keep up!" Boy Blue chimed in as the others nodded in agreement.