Chapter 19

(Meanwhile)
Back in his apartment, Al was taking pictures of the Roundup Gang, the Royal Revolution Squad and the merchandise. He looked at the pictures with delight & glee before he laughed " It's like printing my own money."

Suddenly, Al's phone began to ring so he picked it up and rudely answered " Yeah, what?" As soon as Al found out that he got a call from Mr. Konishi, he responded " Oh, Mr. Konishi. Yes, uh, I-I have the pictures right here. In fact, I'm in the car right now on my way to the office to fax them to you. I'm goin' through a tunnel! I'm breaking up!"

As soon as Al left the room, the toys unfroze and Woody said " Oh, wow. Will you look at me? It's like I'm fresh out of the box! Look at this stitching. Andy's gonna have a hard time ripping this." Woody exclaimed with glee while examining his now fixed up arm.

" Yeah, it does look great." Sylvia agreed as she was amazed at the fact that Woody's arm was stitched up.

" Hello! Hi! Hello!" Woody exclaimed while waving his hand at Jessie who was still frowning at him & Sylvia for wanting to go back home to Andy.

" Great. Now you can go." Jessie responded rudely before she turned around, hopped off the table walked off to the window rather angrily.

" Well, what a good idea." Woody muttered sarcastically before he & Sylvia looked towards the air vent which was their only way out. Then, Sylvia glared at Jessie who was sitting at the window and thought " I don't understand why Jessie's so overbearing & stubborn about letting Woody & I leave. I mean I know that she & the others don't wanna go back into storage but she has to try and be more reasonable."

Suddenly, the two toys felt something bump into them. They both turned around to see Bullseye & Angel looking at them with sad expressions on their faces.

" Woody, Sylvia, don't be mad at Jessie. She's been through more than you know. Why don't you make amends before you leave, huh? It's the least you two can do." Stinky Pete told them.

Both Woody & Sylvia looked towards the windowsill where Jessie was before they looked back at the horses who gave them looks as if they were saying " Please, Woody & Sylvia." The sheriff and the princess looked at each other to see if they can both agree to make amends with Jessie and Woody sighed " All right. But I don't know what good it'll do." Sylvia put her hand on his shoulder and responded " We'll just have to try it out and see what happens, Woody."

" Do you want Jacob & I to go with you guys?" Delaney asked them before Woody & Sylvia nodded their heads yes. The four of them jumped down from the table and towards the windowsill. As soon as they got over to Jessie, Woody & Sylvia climbed up the chair and then the windowsill next to the cowgirl while Jacob & Delaney just stood underneath to hear what was happening.

" Hey. Whatcha doin' way up here?" Woody asked the very sad Jessie.

" I thought I'd get one last look at the sun, before I get packed away again." Jessie responded glumly. Both Woody & Sylvia looked at each other with sad expressions on their faces before they turned back to Jessie and Woody said " Look, Jessie. I know you hate me & Sylvia for leaving, but we have to go back. We're still Andy's toys."

Sylvia nodded her head in agreement before she chimed in " Woody's right, Jessie. We have to get back to Andy. If you knew what he was like, you'd understand. You see, he's a..."

The princess got interrupted by Jessie saying " Let me guess. Andy's a real special kid. And to him, you're his buddies, his best friends. And when Andy plays with the both of you, it's, like. Even though you're not moving, you feel like you're alive. Because that's how sees you guys." Woody & Sylvia were taken aback by this and Woody asked " Whoa. How do you know that?"

" Because, Emily was just the same. She was my whole world." Jessie said before she began narrating her story about the times she spent with Emily and how she got scared of being in a box or any other enclosed space.

(Time Skip because I'm not gonna write down Jessie's backstory since a lot of us know what happened to her in Toy Story 2. If you don't remember her backstory, then go watch the movie to see for yourself.)

After Jessie finished telling her story, Sylvia looked like she was about to cry as she & Woody looked sorry and surprised about what Jessie had to go through.

" You never forget kids, like Emily, or Andy. Or even Tammy." Jessie said sadly before she whispered in a heartbroken tone of voice " But they forget you." Sylvia still began to feel like she was about to sob after hearing that last sentence and she responded " Oh, Jessie. We're so sorry you had to go through that type of trauma."

" Yeah, Jessie. We didn't know." Woody chimed in as he & Sylvia tried to comfort her but all Jessie could say was " Just go." Both Woody & Sylvia did what she said as they got off the windowsill and onto the floor next to Jacob & Delaney. The four of them walked over to the air vent. Well, Woody & Sylvia walked closer to the air vent then Jacob & Delaney before Woody unscrewed the bolt and managed to open the cover for himself & Sylvia to escape through.

As soon as Woody & Sylvia were about to head inside the vent, the prospector asked " How long will it last, you two? Do you really think Andy is going to take you to college? Or on his honeymoon?" The two toys listened in as the prospector continued on " Andy's growing up & there's nothing the two of you can do about it." Sylvia watched as Woody bowed his head, feeling conflicted on what to do.

" It's your choice, Woody & Sylvia. The both of you can go back. Or you two can stay with us and last forever. You two will be adored by children for generations." Stinky Pete finished his sentence. Despite hearing those words, Sylvia didn't let that stop her from wanting to go back to Andy. She was ready to go but she couldn't leave without Woody. The princess watched as the sheriff just stared at the dark vent in front of him but he didn't move into it. Bullseye & Angel walked over to Woody & Sylvia sadly which caused the sheriff and the princess to pet their own horses at the same time.

Sylvia was about to tell the other toys hers and Woody's decision but Woody made up his mind and asked " Who are we? To break up the Roundup Gang and the Royal Revolution Squad?"

Sylvia looked at him with wide eyes as she couldn't believe what she just heard. Bullseye, Angel, Stinky Pete, Jacob and Delaney smiled at the decision Woody made as he shut the air vent. The noise got Jessie's attention so she looked down to see Woody smiling at her as a way of saying that he & Sylvia are staying and she smiled back.