Chapter 24

(Elsewhere inside the air vent...)
Sylvia continued walking ahead as she was trying to find the area to the elevator since it was the fastest way to get out of the apartment. While doing so, she heard footsteps running towards her from the left side of the air vent before she took out her sword, ready for a fight. However, when Sylvia heard the footsteps very carefully, she realized the footsteps were sounds of two feet before something or someone popped up right before her eyes.

Sylvia put her right hand in front of her forehead & squinted her eyes as she was trying to look very closely to see who it was. Her eyes went wide when she saw the figure was Buzz Lightyear (Or so she thought it was the real Buzz). Sylvia smiled before she ran over to him and called out " Buzz!"

" Halt!" Who goes there?!" Utility Belt Buzz yelled out while he pointed his laser at the princess which made Sylvia stop to raise her hands up with a raised eyebrow before she laughed & said " Buzz, it's just me. Sylvia."

Sylvia was completely unaware that this Buzz Lightyear wasn't the Buzz Lightyear that she & the others met back in Andy's old house. Just like with the real Buzz, Utility Belt Buzz was going to examine Sylvia, but the princess hugged him tightly and she said with glee " Oh, Buzz! I'm just so glad to see you! I was hoping that you'd come to save me & Woody!"

" Well, it's no problem, princess." Utility Belt Buzz responded as he looked at her a little weirded out.

Then Sylvia heard a familiar male voice call out " Hey, Buzz! Wait for us! We're trying to keep up with you!" Sylvia looked behind Utility Belt Buzz to see six more familiar toys popping out from the left side of vent. She looked at them with wide eyes as soon as she recognized them before she called out " Boy Blue? Bessie? Slinky? Rex? Hamm? Mr. Potato Head?"

Hearing Sylvia's voice, Boy Blue and the other toys looked in front of them and the moment they saw Sylvia, they gasped and screamed " SYLVIA!!!!" While Bessie made happy & cheerful mooing noises. The six toys started laughing & cheering while they joyfully ran towards Sylvia for a big hug while nearly knocking over Utility Belt Buzz, almost making him lose his balance before he managed to stop himself. Boy Blue was the first toy to hug Sylvia since he was Sylvia's first & closest friend when they first met.

Sylvia felt like she was about to cry as she felt the wonderful embrace of Boy Blue, Bessie, Slinky Dog, Rex, Hamm and Mr. Potato Head forming a group hug around the princess as they were so happy that she was alright.

" Oh I'm just glad to see you guys! How did you manage to find me & Woody?" Sylvia asked her friends.

" We've been crossing 21 blocks from Andy's house to Al's ToyBarn because we thought you & Woody were there but we didn't see you there." Rex narrated their story.

" That was until we snuck into Al's office and we saw both of your pictures before we snuck into Al's bag only to find out that you were inside this apartment." Boy Blue narrated as well.

" Speaking of Woody, where is he?" Slinky Dog asked Sylvia as he & the other toys raised a brow at her.

" Oh yeah, he's over this way. Follow me." Sylvia said as she pointed behind her before they started following her.

As soon as they got to where they needed to go, Utility Belt Buzz stopped them so that he can scan the area before he opened his wrist communicator and said " Mission log. Have reached Zurg's command deck, but no sign of him or his wooden captive." The toys then heard Woody's voice through the vent and Slinky exclaimed " That's Woody!" Before he howled with joy and Sylvia said " See, I told you he was right here."

" This way!" Utility Belt Buzz told the other toys before they ran towards the cover where Sylvia came from and as soon as they got there, they were trying to see what was happening Woody since he was crying out " Please! Please! No! No! No! No! No."

" Buzz, can you see? What's going on?" Mr. Potato Head questioned the Utility Belt Buzz action figure. Sylvia was trying to look closely at what Jessie, Bullseye, Jacob, Delaney & Angel we're doing Woody since they all heard the sheriff cry out " I'm begging you!"

" Take that!" Jessie playfully exclaimed.

" I'm begging you! No more!" Woody cried out.

From inside the vent, Utility Belt Buzz used one of Mr. Potato Head's eyes to see what was going on through the bars of the cover and Mr. Potato Head said " To the left." Utility Belt Buzz pointed to the right so Mr. Potato Head told him " No, your left." The Potato Head toy still couldn't see clearly enough so he told the space toy " Take it up, higher." As soon as Mr. Potato Head saw what Woody on the floor with Jessie, Bullseye, Jacob, Delaney and Angel on top of him, he freaked out.

" What's happening?" Utility Belt Buzz asked him.

" Oh! It's horrible! They're torturing him!" Mr. Potato Head exclaimed with fright before the other toys except for Sylvia looked at him with fear. Well the princess just looked at him with shock as she knew that her brother, two best friends and the Roundup Gang wouldn't do anything to hurt Woody.

" Are you sure?" Boy Blue asked.

" Yes! I'm positive!" Mr. Potato Head worriedly responded.

" Guys, I don't think..." Sylvia tried to tell them but Rex interrupted by worriedly gasping " What are we gonna do, Buzz?!" Utility Belt Buzz got an idea and he told Rex " Use your head!"