Chapter 23

(Meanwhile)
After she left, Sylvia was walking through the vents and was trying to find the right way out of the apartment before she stopped and thought about something.

" You know, I do wanna go back to Andy. But I can't just leave Woody like that. Hmm. I think Buzz & the others might be on their way to find us. If I see them, maybe I'll get Buzz & the others to help me convince Woody not to go to the toy museum in Japan." Sylvia thought to herself before she continued walking through the vent.

(Back at the shaft...)
Utility Belt Buzz was still climbing up with the other toys holding onto his line. Coins started falling out of Hamm's slot so he looked down and yelled out " Uh-oh. Hey! Heads up down there!" Boy Blue & Bessie who were the first ones behind Buzz saw the coin fall onto Slinky's head before he shook it off and said " WHOA! Pork bellies are fallin'." The coin then fell on Mr. Potato Head's left eye and he asked " Hey! How much farther, Buzz?"

" Half...way...there." Utility Belt Buzz clinched his teeth while straining.

" My arms can't hold on much longer!" Rex cried out as he started slipping down on top of Slinky, Hamm and Mr. Potato Head, dragging them including Boy Blue, Bessie and Utility Belt Buzz.

" Buzz, Boy Blue, help!" Slinky called out to the three remaining toys. Boy Blue & Bessie looked down at the other toys and Boy Blue asked " Is everything okay down there?"

" No, of course not, you moron! We're slippin' down here!" Mr. Potato Head angrily answered Boy Blue's question.

" Too heavy." Utility Belt Buzz grunted before he remembered something and got an idea before he murmured " What was I thinking? My anti-gravity servos!" The space toy pressed a button on his utility belt and at the same time, there were some whirring noises down below. He looked down at told the other toys " Hang tight, everyone. I'm going to let go of the wall!"

The other toys looked up at him shocked when they heard him say that and Boy Blue responded " Buzz, you're not serious, are you?" Bessie started to whimper as she felt very scared.

" He wouldn't." Mr. Potato Head said.

" One..." Utility Belt Buzz started counting.

" He would." Hamm responded.

" Two..." Buzz continued to count.

The others started to scream at Buzz while Bessie made exaggerated mooing noises as they were begging the space toy not to let go of the wall but it was too late as soon as Utility Belt Buzz exclaimed " Three!" He let go of the wall along with the other toys screaming as they all fell down onto to the elevator which was moving up.

" To Infinity and Beyond!" Buzz exclaimed while standing on top of the other toys who were in serious pain.

Boy Blue's head was spinning for a little while before he managed to catch it as he & Bessie shook their heads and they no longer felt dizzy. The wooden puppets along with Utility Belt Buzz saw the 23rd level approaching from above before Utility Belt Buzz said " Approaching destination. Reengaging gravity." He then turned off his belt and the elevator reached the 23rd level.

Utility Belt Buzz jumped off the elevator and into the vent. Boy Blue & Bessie managed to get up off of the other toys but in pain before they noticed Utility Belt Buzz scan the area to see if the vent area was clear. The wooden boy & cow entered the vent and Boy Blue asked " Buzz, what are you.." He got cut off by the space toy saying " Hold on, I'm trying to see if the coast is clear." As soon as Utility Belt Buzz finished scanning the area, he turned around to the others behind the wooden puppets and said " Area secure." The other toys walked slowly off the elevator, feeling woozy from the fall before. Utility Belt Buzz noticed it and said " It's okay, troops. The anti-gravity sickness will wear off momentarily." He then turned around and exclaimed " Now, let's move!"

" Wait, Buzz! You can't just..." Boy Blue tried to stop Utility Belt Buzz but it was too late since he already started running off into the vent.

" Remind me to glue his helmet shut, when we get back." Mr. Potato Head told Hamm as he still felt completely dizzy along with the others except for Boy Blue & Bessie.

" The sooner we find Woody & Sylvia, the better." Boy Blue told the others.

They walked on while they were unaware that the real Buzz Lightyear got out of Al's ToyBarn and he was holding onto the bottom of the elevator.