Chapter 22

(Meanwhile)
Back in his apartment, Al was loading boxes on a trolley while talking on his phone and asked " To overnight six packages to Japan is. How much? What? That's in yen? Right?"

" No, dollars." The woman on the phone responded.

" Dollars?! D'OH!" Al grunted before he yelled on the phone " You are deliberately taking advantage of people in a hurry! You know that?! All right, I don't." Al tried really hard to argue with the woman on the phone but he eventually gave up and whined " I'll do it. All right, fine! I'll have the stuff waiting in the lobby. And you'd better be here in 15 minutes. Because I have a plane to catch! Do you hear me?!"

As soon as Al left the room, the toys unfroze and Jessie exclaimed " Whoo-hoo! We're finally going! Can you believe it?!" As a response, Stinky Pete laughed and said " That's custom-fitted foam insulation you'll be ridin' in, Bullseye & Angel! First class all the way!"

" I agree. This trip to Tokyo, Japan is gonna be a blast!" Jacob exclaimed with joy and glee before Delaney nodded in agreement.

" You know what? I'm actually excited about this. I mean it. I really am!" Woody told the other toys.

" And, why shouldn't you be?" Stinky Pete asked him with a smile.

" Because Woody & I are supposed to get back to Andy's place!" Sylvia announced in a very angry voice.

Hearing this, the toys' celebration quickly faded as they looked at her with extremely wide eyes, including Woody and they asked " Huh?"

" Why?" Stinky Pete asked the princess in confusion and with disappointment.

" Seriously?!" Jessie exaggerated.

" You're still insisting on going back to Andy's house?!" Jacob exclaimed.

" Yeah Sylvia, the prospector told us that you & I will be adored by children in the toy museum." Woody assured the princess.

" I don't care because I'm still not going to Japan!" Sylvia protested before she stood up and started to walk over to the vent to escape from Al's apartment.

Woody looked at Sylvia with sadness in his eyes before Jacob put his hand on his shoulder and said " Don't worry, Woody. Delaney, Angel & I will try to talk to her." After that, the three of them walked over to Sylvia with Woody and the rest of the Roundup Gang watching what was happening.

It had been a few minutes of Sylvia arguing with her brother and two best friends as Jacob, Delaney & Angel tried everything in their power to convince Sylvia to go with them to Japan but she was still stubborn to even consider abandoning Andy to go with them to do so.

" Sylvia, do you not understand how we felt when we saw you get taken away from us?! We were completely distraught! Angel was distraught! I was way more distraught when I saw my own sister get taken from me. We have been very close ever since 1986 and ever since Al found us, we have been very desperate for you to come back to us. And now that the four of us are back together, you're just abandon us again?!" Jacob exaggerated as he felt like he was about to cry.

" JACOB, HOW ARE YOU FINDING THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?! I'M NOT ABANDONING ANDY AND MY NEW FAMILY OF TOYS!!" Sylvia screamed which startled the others before she took a deep breath and calmly said " Look, despite the fact that I got used to Andy and made a lot of new friends, I just couldn't stop thinking about you guys. Along with Tammy, you three were my whole world. Also, as much as I'm happy to see you guys again, I can't go with you guys to Japan. I'm really sorry. But my kid needs me. And if Andy sees that Woody & I aren't at his house, he's gonna be extremely devastated."

" But what about us, Sylvia? WE need you." Jacob stated with an angry & hurt look on his face as Delaney & Angel sadly nodded in agreement.

" Look, Jake, the last thing I can tell you is, is that you guys are just gonna find yourselves a new Warrior Princess Sylvia doll before you leave. Because I'm not going and that's final." Sylvia said to him very harshly.

Feeling even more hurt, Jacob was about to argue with his sister again but Delaney put her hand on his right shoulder and to his surprise, she sighed " Well, Sylvia. If going to back to Andy is what you want, then I guess I can't make you change your mind."

" Babe, are you serious?!" Jacob asked his royal assistant in disbelief.

" Jakey, your sister's already made up her mind. If Sylvia wants to go back, then that's her choice. We can't just keeping pushing her." Delaney told the frustrated prince. Hesitant, Jacob looked down on the floor before looking at his sister and sighed " Well, little sis, if you don't wanna go with us. Fine by me. It's your choice."

Sylvia turned around and opened the cover to the air vent but before she got inside, the princess hugged her brother and her best friend as a way of saying that she's going to miss them. As soon as they let go, Angel began to whimper at the princess as a way of pleading with her not to go. Sylvia looked at the horse as she felt like she was about cry before she hugged the female horse and said " Oh Angel. I know you don't want me to leave, sweetheart. I'm gonna miss you two." Jacob & Delaney joined Sylvia & Angel for a group hug.

The princess & her group broke away from the hug before Sylvia got inside the air vent and before she could leave, she gave Woody a very sad look as the sheriff did the exact same thing in return and Sylvia mouthed out ' I'm sorry.'

Jacob, Delaney and Angel backed up as Sylvia closed the cover to the air vent and began to walk through it away from her brother & best friends.

As soon as Sylvia continued walking, she looked back at Jacob, Delaney and Angel who looked all the way down the vents at her with sad faces. Jacob, Delaney and Angel watched as the princess continued walking through the pitch blackness of the vent until they couldn't see her anymore. The three of them walked over to the Roundup Gang who looked at them in disbelief and Stinky Pete asked " So you're just gonna let Sylvia go, just like that?"

" Yup." Jacob responded disappointingly.

" But guys, you know I..." Jessie got cut off by Delaney saying " Jessie, Sylvia's mind is already made up." The Roundup Gang were very disappointed. 

" How do you think Al's gonna react when he finds out that Sylvia went missing?" Jessie asked.

" Well, Al's just gonna have to cancel his trip to Japan until he finds a new Warrior Princess Sylvia doll." Delaney told the upset cowgirl. Prospector Pete smiled a bit and reminded the others " Well, at least we have Woody."

Hearing that, the other toys smiled while they murmured in agreement.