Chapter 18

Slinky Dog noticed the nervous & bashful look on Boy Blue's face and he told the piggy bank " Hamm, leave Boy Blue alone. He's already worried enough about Woody & Sylvia."

" Actually Slinky, he's right." Boy Blue admitted before Mr. Potato Head pressed the break to stop the car as he & the other toys except Bessie were shocked to hear Boy Blue confess his feelings for Sylvia. Bessie just lowered her head rather bashfully.

" So you are in love with Sylvia!" Hamm exclaimed.

" Well yeah, I mean, Sylvia's the perfect woman for me. She's kind, caring, smart, brave, understanding and feisty." Boy Blue described Sylvia to the others.

" So why not say all of this stuff to Sylvia?" Rex asked the wooden boy while Slinky, Hamm & Mr. Potato Head nodded in agreement.

" Well, I'm just trying to think about how I can tell her that. I'm still very shy about it." Boy Blue responded but he didn't want to mention that Sylvia had a thing for Woody. After that, Mr. Potato Head continued driving the car to get to the next aisle.

Hours later, the toys have been going around almost every single aisle in the store but couldn't find a trace of Al, Woody or Sylvia. They were currently rolling down a pink aisle, looking for them and while Slinky Dog was looking around, he said to Mr. Potato Head " We've been down this aisle already."

" We haven't been down this aisle. It's pink!" Mr. Potato Head responded.

" Face it, we're lost." Slinky Dog told the potato head toy while losing some hope. Boy Blue looked next to Rex's direction and he said " Maybe we're not lost." The other toys followed his eyes before they reverted back to see lots of Barbie dolls having a pool party.

" What a great party!" One Barbie doll exclaimed. The toys except for Boy Blue & Bessie had their mouths dropped in awe at the sight of the beautiful looking Barbie dolls. Boy Blue didn't care about the looks of the Barbie dolls because he remembered his feelings for Sylvia.

" How low can you go? How low can you?" Two Barbie dolls chanted as the third one was doing a limbo.

" Excuse me, ladies, does anyone know where we might find the Al of Al's ToyBarn?" Hamm asked the dolls.

" I can help!" The Barbie doll in a tour guide's outfit responded before she slid down the slide and into the car next to Mr. Potato Head.

" I'm Tour Guide Barbie! Please, keep your hands, arms, and accessories inside the car! And no flash photography! Thank you!" Barbie happily introduced herself while tweaking Mr. Potato Head's nose which nearly made him blush. As Mr. Potato Head caught himself on what he was doing, he muttered " I'm a married spud. I'm a married spud. I'm a married spud."

" Then, make room for the single fellas." Hamm responded while he climbed over Mr. Potato Head and landed next to Tour Guide Barbie as she started to drive the car down the aisle and moved onto another aisle.

" To our right is the Hot Wheels aisle. Developed in 1967, the original series had 16 cars, including the Corvette." Tour Guide Barbie told the toys.

" Uh, beg your pardon, ma'am. But where's Al's office?" Slinky Dog asked the Barbie doll and she politely responded " Please hold all questions until the end of the tour! Thank you!"

" WAH! It says, how you defeat Zurg! Look! Guys!" Rex exclaimed as he put the manual in front of the other toys, blocking their view.

" Hey, Rex!" Slinky Dog exclaimed in annoyance.

" Rex, can you please move this thing?! We can't see!" Boy Blue exclaimed in a little bit of annoyance while Bessie made exaggerated mooing sounds.

" Excuse me, sir." Tour Guide Barbie said politely.

" Get this outta here. Geekosaur!" Mr. Potato Head angrily exclaimed. As soon as Rex finally moved the manual out of the way, they saw a ball stand and Slinky exclaimed " Look out!"

" Oh! Stop. Stop. Stop!" Hamm exclaimed as Barbie swerved the car to the right but it hit the stand and balls started spilling out on the toys. They tried to get away but the balls caused the car to spin around the circles making the toys scream while Bessie made exaggerating mooing noises.

" Turn into the spin, Barbie!" Hamm exclaimed as the Buzz Lightyear video game manual slipped out of Rex's tiny hand and it flew to the ground and slid under a shelf and out of Rex's reach.

Rex jumped out of the car and exclaimed " Ah! My source of power! No! Come back! DAAH!!!" He then turned to the others and ran after them and the car and called out " Hey! Wait up! Come on!" Bessie looked behind herself to see that Rex was running back to the others while Mr. Potato Head looked at the side mirror to see Rex's reflection calling out " Slow down! Dinosaur overboard! Slow down!" Barbie stopped the car just for Rex to tumble in headfirst with his legs dangled in the air.

" Remain seated, please." Tour Guide Barbie told the toy dinosaur before she recited the same words in Spanish " Permanecer Sentados, por favor."

As the Barbie doll continued driving, Boy Blue looked at Rex and he thought " Maybe Bessie & I should've gone with Buzz instead. I mean he is pretty good at directions then the rest of us. Oh well, guess it's too late for that now."

The next aisle the toys were heading off next was the Buzz Lightyear aisle and as soon as they arrived, Tour Guide Barbie announced " And this is the Buzz Lightyear aisle. Back in 1995, shortsighted retailers did not order enough dolls to meet demand."

" Hey, Buzz!" Hamm called out as he & the other toys noticed Buzz right in front of them. However, they were unaware that the Buzz Lightyear toy that was right in front of the car wasn't the real Buzz Lightyear. It was a special Buzz Lightyear toy which was known as Utility Belt Buzz.

" Halt! Who goes there?!" Utility Belt Buzz exclaimed while aiming his laser at the other toys which made Tour Guide Barbie stop the car. Boy Blue raised his arms up and responded " It's okay Buzz. It's just us."

" Exactly, so quit clowning around & get in the car!" Mr. Potato Head exclaimed angrily & in annoyance.

" Buzz! Buzz! I know how to defeat Zurg!" Rex told the space toy. Hearing this, Utility Belt Buzz turned off his laser and asked " You do?"

" Come on. I'll tell you on the way." Rex said.

From inside a box, Buzz saw that his friends confused the Utility Belt Buzz for him and he tried to call out " No, no, no! Guys! You've got the wrong Buzz! YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG BUZZ!" But from outside the box, Buzz's voice was so muffled that the other toys couldn't hear him.

" Say, where's you get the cool belt, Buzz?" Hamm asked the space toy.

" Well, slotted pig, they're a standard issue." Utility Belt Buzz responded before they drove away and left the real Buzz behind in the box.

" NOOOOOO!!!" Buzz screamed while shaking the box after he witnessed his friends leaving him behind with the wrong Buzz with them.