Chapter 11

(Meanwhile)
Back in Al's apartment, Woody & Sylvia were sitting together watching an episode of Woody's Roundup with Jessie, Bullseye, Jacob, Delaney, Angel Cakes and Stinky Pete. Sylvia smiled as she saw Woody watching the TV in awe as he knew that he was in his very own show. They watched the part where Jessie & Stinky Pete were at the old abandoned mine and Jessie was trying to tell the prospector that they needed to get out of there. Then, they saw the part where Stinky Pete decided to use a match to light a fuse which began to burn quickly which caused him to say " This sure is a fast-burnin' wick."

" Blast us to smithereens! That there's dynamite!" the Jessie puppet on the TV exclaimed which caused the Prospector puppet to exclaim the words " Holy tarnation!" The toys watched as they saw the puppet Jessie say " I'll call for help." She then started yodeling and some critters at the entrance. The Jessie puppet ordered the critters go find Sheriff Woody so that he can help her and the Prospector. The critters did what she said and ran off.

Sylvia's eyes dilated when she and the other toys watched the part where Sheriff Woody & his horse Bullseye were painting a schoolhouse and he said " Good job, Bullseye. I reckon the new schoolhouse is finally done." The critters arrive to tell Woody about the problem and he asked " What's that? Jessie and Prospector are trapped in the old abandoned mine, and Prospector just lit a stick of dynamite thinkin' it was a candle and now they're about to be blown to smithereens?" The rabbit nodded his head yes before Sheriff Woody rode on his and exclaimed " Run like the wind, Bullseye!" Bullseye ran off with Woody out of town into the desert.

The toys watched the part where Jessie and the Prospector were still in the mine and the both of them tried to put out the fuse. What made Sylvia laugh was the part where Stinky Pete sat on the flames which made him jump up and down in pain and he yelped out " Yeow! My biscuits are burnin'!"

" Poor Prospector." Sylvia said as she stopped laughing at that part. While looking at the screen, Sylvia put her arm around Woody which caused the cowboy to look at her with a small blush. Sylvia then noticed Woody looking at her with wide eyes before she quickly took her arm off of him and then she nervously said " Oh. Sorry, Woody. I was just enjoying watching the show with you since I'm a huge fan of yours." The duo looked back up at the screen where they see Sheriff Woody and Bullseye gallop over to the edge of the canyon before they jumped into the air & soared over it.

" Will Woody & Bullseye land to safety? Can they reach Jessie & Stinky Pete in time? Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion: Woody's finest hour!" The TV announcer announced much to Woody's excitement and he exclaimed " All right! All right! Next tape!" Sylvia's smile turned into a frown as she, Jacob, Delaney and Angel knew that Woody wasn't going to like what happened next. Jessie sadly turned off the TV much to Woody's surprise and he asked " Hey, wait, wait, wait. What happened? What happens next?" He turned around and told them " Come on, let's see the next episode!"

" That's it." Stinky Pete told the anxious  cowboy doll who looked up at him shocked and he responded " What?"

" The show was canceled after that." Stinky Pete said in a disappointing tone of voice before he nudged his box to turn around. Woody looked at Sylvia with wide eyes wanting to know if it was true and she nodded her head yes.

" Wait, wait, wait, wait. What about the gold mine?" Woody asked the Prospector while trying to jump up to the jump but Bullseye helped him get up. Woody then continued " And the cute little critters and the dynamite? That was a great show! I mean why cancel it?" Sylvia tried to jump up to the shelf but Angel helped her get up there to join Woody.

" Two words: Sputnik. Once the astronauts went up, children only wanted to play with space toys." Prospector Pete answered his question in a much rather annoyed tone of voice.

" Yeah, I heard the show got canceled because of that." Sylvia pointed out.

" I know how that feels." Woody muttered to himself as he remembered how he & Sylvia met Buzz when he showed up to Andy's room for the first time.

" But still, my own show. I mean look at all this stuff!" Woody said as he was looking at all of the Woody's Roundup merchandise. Sylvia on the other hand looked at her own merchandise with amazement.

" Didn't you know?" Why you two are valuable properties!" Jessie exclaimed with excitement as Jacob and Delaney nodded their heads yes in agreement.

" Oh, I wish the guys can see this." Woody said while looking at the merchandise.

" Me too." Sylvia agreed with Woody.

The two toys both saw a yo-yo that had Woody's face on it and Woody said " Hey howdy hey! That's me. I'm on a yo-yo." Then they both noticed a game that had Woody's face smiling some balls beside it before he said " Oh! Hey. Nice teeth!" Woody threw the ball at one of the teeth and knocked it down before he said " And yet? Still a good looking guy." Woody & Sylvia began to laugh at his joke as Jessie, Bullseye, Jacob, Delaney and Angel Cakes laughed with them.