When the Grand-dads babysit the Twins (Part 2)

Ayo it's been a while LMAO.
Y'all know the drill by now— School keeps this lazy butt very busy.

To make up for my absence, I present y'all a picture of my classmates being a douche bag. I was tryna take a picture of the screen but then he did this—

 I was tryna take a picture of the screen but then he did this—

Ofc we not gonna tell him shit ರ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ರ This is payback.

Hope y'all enjoy reading!

Your Pov

I sipped my drink carelessly while I silently listened to the band up front's chiming music.

My wonderful husband Luka reserved the entire restaurant for the two of us. We haven't exactly gone on a actual date in a really long time, and I've missed this feeling.

At even the smallest of cheesy gestures from Luka, I used to have hundreds of butterflies rising in my stomach and my cheeks turning scarlet.

He still affects me in the same way. But this time, instead of butterflies, I experienced a swarm of birds fluttering inside me.

What I yearned for was a romantic evening with you. I couldn't leave the twins alone for very long, anyway.

Would you blame me? They're are my sweet babies, so it goes without saying that I am very attached to them.

But Luka might feel a stronger connection to the twins.

I noticed him acting nervous and uneasy throughout the entire night. I initially assumed he was just feeling nervous, as we haven't been out in a while.

But as I watched him more, I grew increasingly aware of the truth.

As soon as his phone started to ring, Luka hurriedly reached out and grabbed it. He answered the phone with the swiftness of a snake, hoping to hear from someone.

Luka abruptly ended the conversation after not receiving the expected call and sulkily slumped in his chair. I furrowed my brow at my husband, urging for him to explain what was going on.

"You good, babe?" I asked him, going to grab his phone from the table.

"I'm fine. It's just that... Dad hasn't called me yet. Maybe something happened. What if the twins are in danger?" Luka argued, eyes growing wide with terror.

Even after having spent years together, Luka never fails to surprise me. I have no doubt that my dad and Luka's dad would be more than qualified to care for the twins.

They only need to keep an eye on them, feed them when they're hungry, and change their diapers when they're full.

What's the worse that could happen?

Our food arrived shortly after. I tried easing my husband, making small talk here and there to calm him down.

"Soo.. Is everything alright, baby?"

"Give me a sec, hun. I need to take this."

But every time his phone rang, Luka would immediately sweep into action.

My lips released a small sigh. I anticipated being the more uneasy of the two of us. So it appears that Luka is a bigger mother hen than I am.

Luka muttered under his breath as he set his phone back on the table. We had already finished our dinner and are getting ready to leave the restaurant.

All through the night, I couldn't help but draw attention to Luka's behavior.

Together, we strolled down the dimly illuminated sidewalk.

As we proceeded towards the Eiffel tower, I had my arms around Luka's arm. One of the sights that caught our attention was this.

Normally, when Luka is transformed as Viperion, we go visit the Eiffel tower.

But to be quite honest, this feels more romantic.

Arms wrapped around each other and acting like any normal couple around; It feels like pure bliss.

"Aren't you getting tired, sweetheart? Maybe we should go home soon. We can watch your favourite movies if you want." Luka tried to casually bargain, as if I couldn't see through his facade.

I rolled my eyes at my husband, not being fooled even in the slightest. "Honey, stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Acting like an overprotective mother hen. It's unbecoming."

Luka gave a brief sigh and anxiously brushed his hair with his fingers. "I'm sorry. I can't help it, sweetheart. We've never been away from the twins before. Atleast, not for this long."

I fully comprehend his worries. Although he loves the twins deeply, Luka is still slowly growing comfortable with being a father.

I smiled and went to pat Luka on the shoulder to reassure him. We both deserved a relaxing trip outside without worrying so much about our little butterballs.

Leaning in, I slowly pressed a small, chaste kiss on my husband's cheek. "Give us like, five more minutes. Then we'll go home."

As he turned to face me, Luka's eyes shone as brilliantly as the stars in the sky. His startled expression turned soft and sweet, then a smile crept over his lips.

He chuckled, "I can handle thirty more minutes. Plus, I planned all these surprises for you. It'd be a shame if we call in early."

This immediately piqued my interest, "You have more surprises?"

Luka's gaze never left mine as his hands wrapped around my waist and he leaned in gradually.

With just a few inches separating our faces, I could almost see the hearts in my husband's eyes as he delivered another clichéd remark.

Pressing a small kiss on the bridge of my nose, Luka then heaved out another chuckle.

"What? I can do surprises, both in and out of the bed." Luka breathes out, "Unless you prefer your surprises in the comfort of our own sheets."

My cheeks are flushed and stained crimson from his boldness, and my heart is pounding against my chest to the extent that it hurts.

Luka has a tendency to get me riled up, both literally and metaphorically. And I was a sucker for his verbal words and straightforwardness.

"W-we're outside. Stop acting like such a dork." I quickly turned my head away from his gaze to hide the reddening hue on my cheeks.

Bemused at my reaction, Luka leans in to press a chaste kiss on my forehead. "You married me, so you are stuck with all this dorkiness. You gotta live with it, sweetheart."

As I was about to reply, we heard his phone ring.

Luka was reluctant to answer, but I encouraged him to do so. And it was a good thing, because it was the call Luka has been waiting since dinner.

"S-son! We have a slight problem. Little Melody won't stop crying, we've done everything we can." My father in law cried out from the other side of the call.

"Oh, well.. Wait a minute— Don't tell me your planning on transforming to Viper—"

Luka didn't even give me a moment to finish my sentence as he dragged us to a quiet and secluded place.

"Sass, scales slither!" 

I have quizzes tomorrow and instead of reviewing I'm doing this. Man I am so good muwahaha