When Melody has a Crush

I've got classes tomorrow, and I still have a whole lot of art commissions I have to work on— But after writing something yesterday, it just felt right to write another one lol.

Could use a rant doe, maybe after this.

Enjoy reading!

Luka's Pov

There are some things in life that can easily send my mind spiraling and my eyes twitching so wildly, that my wife would think I was experiencing some sort of epilepsy or a migraine.

I wouldn't blame her for thinking, though.

I do look like a man about to collapse after seeing some uh... Well, I do have triggers of my own— Don't we all? I wouldn't say they're bad baaadd triggers, but they're enough to have me clicking my tongue and scowling all day.

I hate it when anybody outside my family would interact or engage conversation with me before I've had my morning dose of caffeine— They just look more annoying in my perspective without coffee buzzing through my veins.

I also hate it when I get behind schedule.

I've spent months to plan the schedule that would accommodate my work and my family time in a perfect blend— And whenever Hawkmoth would decide to be selfish and have us around for much longer, it'd always leave me in a sour mood.

And to top of my list, I hate it when Hunter steals and bury my slippers in the backyard without anyone noticing.

Though, I can't stay mad at the dog for that long— Who could do such a thing? Hunter is adorable.

I might have to train the little guy.

I have a long list of things that annoy me to the core, but none can compare with the newest nuisance that I have to deal with hearing everyday.

"Who in the everloving fuck is Guile?"

"Dad swore! You have to put a dollar in the swear jar!"

"Honey, show some self restraints. They don't need to add that to their vocabulary."

My mind went blank at Melody's earlier statement. I had the day off, so I went with (Y/N) to pick up the kids from school.

The day was pretty great so far— That was until I saw Melody hugging a boy before merrily skipping her way towards the car, with Harmony trailing behind her.

The image of her hugging that boy has already bore itself into the back of my mind, both literally and figuratively, and it'll stay there for the rest of forever.

It'll be a constant reminder of the dangers that comes with being a girl dad.

My daughter is too young to be hugging boys. She's too young to be hanging around boys, period.

I'm slowly starting to regret sending the twins to a public school, but my wife insisted that they'll be fine.

Would she get mad at me if I were to pull both my daughters out that horrid, wretched place filled with boys, and transfer them to an all girls school?

She probably would, and my dad would also be mad. And her dad, and our friends.

But can you blame me? She's just a baby! My sweet baby girl— And she's been dirtied by this boy I don't even know about. I don't even want to imagine how tightly he held her, or how long those seconds felt like as we waited for them to release from the hug.

"Here's the swear jar, dad." Harmony shook the glass jar, the coins jiggling and snapping me back to reality. I heaved a sigh and placed a dollar inside the jar. My little girl smiled in content, then happily walked away as she hummed to the jar.