When you talk about your Mother

Ayo I'm finally doing this because I was utterly bored and the painting I was doing is still wet—

I always wanted to clear things up between the history of (Y/N) and her Mum, so thanks stoa13 for the request!

Keep them coming I'm in the mood to write requests rn LMAOOO

Enjoy reading!

Third Person Pov

The orange rays of the evening danced through the windows, illuminating the room where the family gathered.

(Y/N) sat on the living room floor, surrounded by a collection of dusty old photo albums.

Her heart swelled with bittersweet memories as she carefully leafed through the pages, each photo capturing a moment frozen in time.

"Melody, Harmony," (Y/N) called out softly, her voice filled with tenderness.

The twins' curious eyes turned towards their mother, their tiny faces filled with anticipation.

"Come sit with Daddy and me. We have something special to share with you."

The twins scurried over to their parents, their eyes twinkling with excitement. Luka wrapped his arms around his wife, creating a circle of love and comfort.

"See these albums, my dear butterballs?" (Y/N) said, holding up one of the photo albums. "These hold the memories of someone very special—my mother, your grandmother."

Melody and Harmony exchanged glances, their young minds trying to grasp the concept of a grandmother they had never met.

They listened attentively as their mother began to tell her tale.

"Your grandmother was a remarkable woman," (Y/N) started. "She had a smile that could light up a room and a heart full of endless love. She loved music just like you two, and her laughter was like the most beautiful melody."

As (Y/N) turned the pages, a montage of memories unfolded before their eyes.

There were pictures of a young (Y/N) and her mother, their arms intertwined as they strolled along a sun-kissed beach.

Another photo captured their faces beaming with joy during a family picnic, surrounded by lush green fields and a bright blue sky.

"Your grandma loved nature too," (Y/N) continued.

"She taught me the importance of cherishing every little moment, just like we do as a family. She would often sing to me when I was sad or afraid, and her soothing voice would calm my heart."

Melody and Harmony leaned closer to get a better look at the photos, their innocent eyes filled with wonder and curiosity.

They giggled as they recognized their mother's younger self and were captivated by the stories she shared.

Pointing to a particularly heartfelt picture, (Y/N) said, "This is one of my favorite memories with her. It was a rainy day, and we decided to dance in the rain together. We didn't care about getting wet; we just wanted to feel alive and enjoy the moment."

The twins gasped in astonishment, imagining themselves twirling and laughing under the raindrops with their grandmother.

Their tiny hands reached out, wanting to touch the photo, as if to somehow connect with the memories it held.

"Even though your gandma is no longer with us," (Y/N) said gently, "her spirit lives on in our hearts and in these photographs. She watches over us and loves us, just as we love her."

Luka, too, was captivated by the stories. He held (Y/N)'s hand, offering silent support and understanding.

He had known that a part of Y/N's heart remained with her mother, and he cherished the opportunity to learn more about the woman who had shaped the love of his life.

As the story came to an end, Luka squeezed (Y/N)'s hand, offering his silent support and love.

The room was filled with a sense of warmth and nostalgia, a mix of joy and sadness that only cherished memories can bring.

"I wish I could've met her, sweetheart." Luka planted a soft kiss on the side of her head.

The twins were clutched tightly at his jacket, and he nestled them in his hold as they fell asleep from the tales that their mother told them.

"Same, Hun. I've never actually told you about her, haven't I?" (Y/N) rested her worried head on Luka's shoulder, a soft sigh in content escaping her lips as she gazes at the three people that changed her life for the better.

Luka shook his head, "Nope. I think I deserve a little story, too— Don't you think?"

Luka tucked in Melody and Harmony before ushering his wife to their bed.

She knew she couldn't escape her husband, not with him carrying her bridal-style up their room.

(Y/N) lay in bed, her heart heavy with memories and emotions. It had been a long day, filled with moments that reminded her of the void left by her deceased mother.

She turned to her husband, Luka Couffaine, who was lying beside her, his eyes filled with concern.

"Luka," (Y/N) whispered a sigh, her voice trembling slightly. "I want to tell you about my mother."

Luka, always attentive to his wife's needs, shifted closer to her, his arm gently wrapping around her shoulders. "Of course, (Y/N)," he replied softly. "Take your time. I'm here for you."

(Y/N) took a deep breath, her fingers interlacing with Luka's as she began to recount her memories.

"My mother was a remarkable woman," she started, her voice filled with a mix of sadness and fondness. "She had a gentle spirit and a kind heart. She was my guiding light."

As (Y/N) spoke, she painted a vivid picture of her mother, sharing anecdotes that showcased her warmth, wisdom, and unwavering love.

She spoke of the little traditions they had together, like baking cookies on rainy days or reading books under a cozy blanket.

She described how her mother would listen to her fears and dreams, offering unwavering support and encouragement.

Luka listened intently, his eyes locked on (Y/N)'s face, his love for her evident in his gaze. He knew how important it was for her to share these memories, to honour her mother's legacy.

"But then," (Y/N) continued, her voice cracking with emotion, "she fell ill. It was sudden and unexpected. I was devastated, Luka. It felt like a part of me was ripped away."

Luka tightened his grip on (Y/N)'s hand, offering her comfort through his touch. "I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been for you," he murmured sympathetically.

(Y/N) nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. "It was a painful time, but I learned so much from her. She taught me to cherish every moment, to hold onto love, and to find strength even in the darkest of times. And I see those qualities in you, Luka. You remind me so much of her."

He gently leans in close to kiss the tears away. And with a cheeky smile, Luka dramatically grumbles, "Did you just Mother-Zone me?"

A small giggle escaped (Y/N)'s lips, "Maybe. You do act like a mother hen sometimes."

(Y/N) leaned into Luka's embrace, finding solace in his comforting presence.

They remained there in their shared vulnerability, supporting one another through the weight of grief and finding strength in their love.

In that moment, (Y/N) knew she was not alone. With Luka by her side, she would continue to celebrate her mother's life, sharing her stories and keeping her spirit alive in their hearts.

And together, they would navigate the bittersweet journey of remembrance, finding comfort and healing in their love for one another.

Muwahahaha my painting is dry now time to turn it into a dog show 👁️👄👁️