When the Couffaine Family adopts a Pet (Part 1)

Hey ho I'm sick so I'm at home just chilling then I saw this comment from stoa13 and thought "Ayo— Perfect. Just the distraction I needed kekekeke." So here we are 👁️👄👁️

I've always wanted to continue this. After the pet fiasco from the Boyfriend Scenario book I thought that I should atone for my sins— Fishy didn't need to die.

Okay that's enough yapping— Enjoy reading!

Third Person Pov

Luka stood in the doorway, a grin spreading across his face as he watches his twin daughters, Melody and Harmony, playing in the living room.

Their laughter filled the air, a symphony of joy that warmed his heart. It was in that moment that an idea sparked in Luka's mind— a surprise that would bring endless happiness to his little girls.

He had always dreamt of giving his daughters the world, of making their childhood magical and filled with wonder. And now, he had the perfect surprise in mind.

Luka knew that Melody and Harmony had been enamored with animals lately, especially puppies.

Their eyes would light up whenever they spotted a furry friend during their walks in the park, and they'd giggle with delight when they saw dogs on television.

Luka had spent the past few weeks planning, researching, and preparing. He wanted to make sure he found the perfect pet, one that would be gentle, loving, and bring immense joy to his daughters' lives.

After many sleepless nights scrolling through adoption websites, reading books on pet care, and seeking advice from friends who owned dogs, Luka felt ready to make his surprise a reality.

But there was a slight problem.

"A dog? Aren't they too young for that?"

His wife, (Y/N) sat on one of the stools in the kitchen, gradually watching Luka as he chops up the veggies for their dinner.

Luka merely shrugged in response, "I just thought that maybe giving them a pet at an early age would help with the bond thing."

"Bond thing?"

"Yeah, y'know..." Luka heaved out, "The bond thing between pets and owners. I read about it a while ago."

(Y/N) deadpanned at her husband, who looked oddly adorable even when his face looks perplexed. "I kind of get it. But I don't know yet..." She trails off.

"Of course were getting a suitable pet for the two. Nothing big or scary, just the average." Luka nodded his head, his argument seemingly reasonable to himself.

After a while, (Y/N) finally caved in.

The idea of owning a family pet sounded pretty good to her— and she was getting concerned with the idea of addressing Sass as a pet, since he is more of a partner/companion than a pet.

"Alright, I'm in. But I'm choosing the dog."

One sunny Saturday morning, Luka and (Y/N) decided to visit a local animal shelter. They believed in giving a loving home to a pet in need and were eager to explore their options.

As they walked through the shelter, they saw a variety of animals, each with its own story and longing for a forever home.

Luka and (Y/N) took their time, carefully observing the different dogs and cats. They interacted with each animal, trying to gauge their temperaments and compatibility with their family.

They wanted to make sure they made an informed decision, one that would bring happiness to everyone involved.

"Awwww— I want this one~" (Y/N) squealed for about the dozenth time now, her eyes locked with that of a small chihuahua.

Luka immediately facepalmed, a sigh escaping his lips as he calls out for his wife, "Hun, we can't adopt every dog and cat you see."

Luka and (Y/N) had set out on a mission to find the perfect family pet. They had spent weeks browsing online and visiting various pet stores, but none of the animals seemed to connect with them.

They felt disheartened, thinking they might never find the possibly adorable furry friend they were looking for.

They continued to stroll along the rows of kennels, their eyes scanning each cage, and their hearts growing heavier with each passing moment.

Many of the animals were scared, anxious, or simply not the right fit for their family. Luka and (Y/N) couldn't help but feel discouraged.

Luka sighed, his shoulders slumped and all as he says, "As much as I want to give all of these animals a home, we just can't find any pet that clicks with us."

"What about we just get another fish?" (Y/N) suggested, her tone of voice clearly spelled that she was on the verge of giving up.

Luka gave it a thought, and immediately backed from the idea. Their history with pet fishes weren't exactly well, and he didn't want to live up to the trauma.

"W-well... Let's just look at more shelters." Luka smiles at his wife.

They stepped outside the shelter, their spirits slightly dampened.

While they walked to their car, (Y/N) suddenly perked up as she notices a strange sound coming from one of the alleyways near the shelter they just exited.

"I'll go start the car— Babe? Where you going?"

"No time to talk, just follow me."

Not even giving her husband a brief moment, (Y/N) quickly struts to the direction of the sound. It was a faint whimper of some sorts, and it sounded heartbreaking.

She noticed a small figure curled up by the side of the building. It was a tiny puppy, shivering in the cold.

(Y/N) immediately knelt down to examine the pup, her lips tilting to frown as she picks the puppy up.

"Oh my goodness... How did you get here?"

Who could abandon such a small pet? (Y/N) will never know. But she does know that this little fella deserves more than this—

The puppy looked up at her with big, sad eyes. But as soon as it saw Luka, its tail wagged with excitement.

"How in the world— Luka, Hun. The pup loves you! It's like love at first sight." (Y/N) beams at him.

Luka merely chuckled and joked as a response, "I'm pretty hot if I do say so myself."

It felt like an instant connection, as if the universe had brought them together. Luka eyes the puppy, then his gaze locks with his wife. And in that moment, they knew what they needed to do.

Realizing that the puppy was likely abandoned or lost, Luka and (Y/N) decided to take it home and give it a loving forever home.

But before all that, they went back to the shelter to confirm that it was an abandoned pup. The lady at the front desk confirmed that it was one of their dogs, saying that it's been a few hours since he's ran away.

They took the puppy to a veterinarian to ensure she was healthy and to get him all the necessary vaccinations.

The vet confirmed that the puppy was in good health, albeit a bit malnourished. But with proper care and love, he would thrive.

Papers were signed and a few health tests later, the vet where (Y/N) and Luka took the puppy said that they will be able to take him home in a few weeks.

AYO WE NEED A NAME FOR THE PUP—

I can't think of any good names so just list down some names and the one with the most hearts or the one that I like the most wins (⁠┛⁠◉⁠Д⁠◉⁠)⁠┛⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻