Chapter 77

Vegeta:

Kera and he immediately ran to Kakarrot. He had completely spent himself, was at the end of his tether. So he hadn't lied to them after all when he said that the Super Saiyan 3 would eat up too much energy on Earth.

"Hey, buddy!" Vegeta propped Kakarrot up so he could sit up a little. Kera sat behind him and rested his head on her lap. "That attack wasn't bad, but it wasn't quite enough, huh?"

Kakarrot smiled in agony. "Sorry, guys."

"Kera, watch him here. Let him get some rest. I'll take it from here."

She reached for his hand squeezed it once tightly and gave him an encouraging nod. "Finish him off!"

Determined, Vegeta turned to Buu and pushed himself off the ground.

- - - - - -

Kera:

"He doesn't stand a chance," Kera whispered as she and Kakarrot watched the fight. Vegeta was able to land a few hits at first, but soon the tide turned and he had to take a lot more. Eventually Buu slammed him into a rock and went for the final blow.

"Kera, you have to take over," Kakarrot said to her, who had recovered enough to sit upright again.

She nodded and raced towards Vegeta and Buu. Before Buu could unleash his energy on Vegeta, she stood between them and deflected it. The ball of energy had only briefly touched her hand as she had directed it in another direction, yet she had felt the power, the malevolence that resided within it.

Buu, who had expected to destroy Vegeta with that blow, roared angrily when he saw that a third person was now joining the fight.

"Kera?" asked Vegeta in a hoarse voice. Kera only half turned to face him. Looked at his bloodied face and his swollen eye.

"Now it's your turn to rest, big brother."

Grimly, she glared at the demon. "Start digging your grave, you ugly thing!"

- - - - - -

Vegeta:

His sister fought for him. Maybe for the whole universe. It was probably what made her and Kakarrot different from him. The two of them fought unconditionally to protect, and not with the thought of becoming stronger.

Vegeta smiled. Maybe he had more potential in him after all.

He dragged himself over to Kakarrot, who was still in the same place he had left him with Kera. He had sat down and was watching Kera in her fight against Buu.

She was doing well, but it wouldn't be enough. The demon was just too strong for that.

"Not looking so good right now, is it?" Vegeta dropped down beside Kakarrot, exhausted.

"Not really," the latter confirmed grumpily. "We've been fighting for what must be an hour and our energies are getting weaker and weaker while Buu's just stays the same. Shall we fuse again?"

Vegeta made an undefinable noise. " Hate to."

"Good. Either way, we'd have to destroy him in one blow. I could probably do it if I had time to gather energy."

"How long will it take you?"

"A minute, I guess."

"Good, Kera and I will distract him, you gather energy."

"Vegeta, you must be careful. If you die now, your existence will be wiped out!"

"I know. Concentrate on gathering energy!"