Chapter 84

Piccolo:

"Mum, I can't find my earrings!"

"Next to the door, Menka!"

Piccolo and Kera's house was bustling with activity. They were getting ready for Gohan and Videl's wedding, and ever since they got up, everyone was always looking for some article of clothing or accessory.

"Can we go then?" Piccolo waited impatiently outside the house, pacing back and forth as he kept casting unnerved glances at the door. He hadn't bothered to put on anything else, and had thrown on his preferred gi and cape.

"I'm ready." Reyak came running out of the house. He was wearing a plain black suit, a white shirt and a green bow tie that matched his skin tone. He had combed his hair back with a lot of gel.

Menka now stepped outside the door as well. She had Gine by the hand. They both wore light blue dresses and had a flower wreath braided into their hair. Piccolo smiled at the sight.

"I have everything now too."

Just behind Menka and Gine came Kera. Piccolo's jaw dropped for a moment and he forgot to breathe.

He had known that Kera would wear a dress to the wedding, but until now he had not seen it. The long leg slit and plunging neckline made him swallow hard. She had done her usual long braid a little differently and braided flowers into it.

'You look beautiful.'

Kera smiled as his thought reached her. He felt a certain relief inside him. The first real smile she had given him since he had told her of his plan to bind Gine's powers.

Until today, the atmosphere between them had been icy. He and Kera talked only the most necessary things to each other and otherwise she largely ignored him. She even closed her mind to him most of the time, which pained him especially. He would like to tell her that he found this behaviour childish, but she had vehemently blocked any attempt to talk. He had to admit that he was a little surprised about her stamina. Saiyans were stubborn after all. But in the meantime he missed her closeness. There were days when he wished he had never made this proposal to her.

Piccolo hoped that Gohan and Videl's wedding would put her in a better mood and they would have the opportunity to talk to each other, or that she would at least mellow down a bit. The fact that she was now flying close to his side and had even smiled at him, he took as a good sign.

- - - - - -

Kera:

Gohan and Videl had decided to celebrate outside in the field in front of Kakarrot and Chi-Chi's house. This meant that many guests had a longer journey, but thanks to Bulma's help, it was possible for everyone to stay in small huts. They had built a small village not far from the house where all the guests could stay.

A white pavilion had been set up on the lawn, under which there was a table and two chairs. In front of it, narrow chairs were lined up for the guests to sit on.

Kera looked up after landing. The sky was bright blue and cloudless. Perfect weather for the wedding.

Reyak, Menka and Gine immediately ran to look for Trunks and Goten, while Piccolo and she walked up to Gohan and greeted him. Gohan was visibly nervous, kept tugging at his tie and kept looking around as he talked to them.

'Quite nervous the short one, isn't he?' Piccolo looked behind Gohan with a smile as he turned to the next guests.

Kera nodded in confirmation. She was still not completely mollified and was not yet in the mood to forgive Piccolo for deciding something without discussing it with her first.