Chapter 110

Vegeta:

The thoughts in Vegeta's head were racing. He was unable to concentrate on anything. It was as if his thoughts were slippery, not wanting to be grasped, because whenever he tried to pursue one strand of thought, it was gone again and replaced by another.

"What's going on in your head?" Kera turned slightly in the air towards him without slowing her pace. Her braid whipped from left to right as towns and villages whizzed along below them.

"Dende could build the Hyperbolic Time Chamber closer to my house."

Kera grinned, but her smile quickly faded. She moved closer. "You're angry."

"Of course I am. That Black guy has done us in. Yet we've already trained so much. We're so much stronger and yet it's not enough."

"And Black looking like Kakarrot makes you extra furious, doesn't it?" She nudged him lightly with her shoulder and the corner of his mouth lifted for a moment.

"You know me too well."

"And I feel the same, you know that." She sought his hand and squeezed it briefly. "I'm already angry because I couldn't even fly with you. At least you could fight and you discovered new limits on your body again." She sounded almost a little wistful at that. As if she would also have liked to fight to be defeated, to be even more motivated for training as a result.

Dende's platform moved into her field of vision and they landed. Far and wide there was no one to be seen. Determined, Kera walked past Vegeta and made her way to the entrance of the palace.

"Wait a minute." He held Kera by the arm. With the sight of Dende's palace, he had remembered something. "Did I understand you correctly before Kakarrot and I flew into the future with Trunks that you were pregnant again?"

A myriad of expressions flitted across Kera's face. Horror, then remembrance, and finally guilt.

"You ... forgot?" He looked at his sister in disbelief.

Vehemently, she shook her head. "It's still fresh. After all, I only knew yesterday, and I told Piccolo earlier when you were in the future. I just ... blocked it out." Again she shook her head. "That sounds wrong. It's not that I'm not excited. It's just that I would love to fight with you guys."

Kera's feelings were like an open book to Vegeta at that moment. He knew exactly how hard it was to choose between family and a fight. Fighting had always come first for him, first because he had to, later because he had something to protect. What if Bulma asked him to stay with her? Ask him not to fight? He actually didn't know what he would decide.

Vegeta clasped his sister's shoulders and gave her a quick squeeze. "Don't worry about it. Your baby is the most important thing right now. You don't have to fight Black again." He faltered and his fingers curled into her shoulders. "Wait a minute. Black hit you. Did he hurt you?"

"No. At least I don't feel anything."

"Let Dende check you out. Better safe than sorry."

She sighed. "Okay. Will you wait for me? Then we can train."

"Kera, please stay here. I can't lock you in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a year. We have no medical care there and even if nothing happened, your mate wouldn't get to see the child grow for a year. Piccolo would scalp me."

Kera's lips lifted briefly and then he seemed to be able to literally read her face as she searched for reasonable arguments for him to take her after all. She found none and resignedly relented.

"All right. I'll just walk you to the room."

She hooked up with him and together they entered the palace. Dende came to meet them after the first turn in the corridor.