Chapter 114

Kera:

"What are you doing here?"

Perplexed, Kakarrot looked at Kera, who had landed right in front of him. He had just shouldered a large sack of vegetables he had just harvested and was carrying it to the house. He had obviously spent the day in the fields and wanted to bring his harvest home in the light of the setting sun.

"Take me to King Kai."

Kakarrot blinked excitedly. "Has something happened?"

Kera shook her head vigorously, then nodded. "No. Yes." She looked down sadly. "I don't know either."

With a loud rustle, Kakarrot put the bag down, took a step towards Kera and lifted her chin slightly so she would look at him.

"What's wrong?" he asked calmly.

Against her will, tears came to her eyes and she took a deep breath. "I'll explain it to you later, okay? Just take me to King Kai now." She looked at her half-brother. "Please," she added, having completely forgotten to say it earlier.

Kakarrot looked at her for a moment. Then he finally nodded. "I'll just let Chi-Chi know."

He shouldered his huge bag of vegetables again and rose into the air.

"Shall I help you with that?" Kera flew next to him and looked at the unwieldy thing on his back.

"No, thank you. It helps me stay fit."

Silently, they flew the short distance to Kakarrot's house and landed. Chi-Chi was waiting in the doorway. Goten stood next to her.

"Kera, I wasn't expecting you. I can just do more ..."

"It's all right, Chi-Chi, thank you. I asked Kakarrot to take me to King Kai just now," Kera immediately nipped her efforts to invite her to dinner in the bud.

Chi-Chi opened her eyes in alarm. "What happened?"

Kera swallowed. She didn't want to talk about it yet. "I'll tell you later, okay?"

Kera prayed that Chi-Chi would accept this excuse and let her go with Kakarrot. Chi-Chi visibly struggled with herself and then nodded. "Alright." She looked to Kakarrot. "Are you just taking Kera away or will it take longer?"

"Er..." He looked questioningly at Kera.

"It's enough if you take me to King Kai. Then you can go home again."

"Can I come with you?" Goten, who had been listening curiously, jumped forward.

Kera bent down to him. "Another time, okay?"

The boy nodded sadly and went into the house. Kakarrot gave his wife a quick kiss on the cheek and then held out his hand to Kera. Kera waved to her sister-in-law and shortly afterwards felt the familiar tingling sensation that signalled the Instant Teleportation.

When she opened her eyes again, she saw the small hut in front of her where King Kai lived.

"Hello, King Kai!" cried Kakarrot loudly, letting go of Kera's hand.

King Kai came round his hut and stopped again in surprise when he saw the two of them.

"Goku, what are you doing here? And you brought Kera with you. What happened?"

Kera wanted to roll her eyes. She couldn't go anywhere now without someone immediately suspecting that something bad had happened.

"Kera wanted to talk to you. I'm off then." He raised his hand in greeting and was gone the next moment.