Chapter 95

Kera:

Seeing Kakarrot's power in action was truly impressive. He had already transformed into the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan during their training with Beerus and Whis and they had fought each other, but it was something else when he was fighting to the death.

"Looks pretty good, doesn't it?" Kera turned to Vegeta, who was watching the fight with his arms crossed. She had positioned herself with him slightly off to one side.

Vegeta growled. "This is just taking too long for me. He always takes the credit. He should have let one of us fight earlier."

"You're just too impatient."

"No. Fed up with that creep Frieza. He's threatening our home ... and our family."

"At least Whis said he'd protect Bulma as long as she gave him food."

Vegeta gave a short snide laugh.

"You don't have to think the worst," she admonished her brother. Kakarrot had fought well and managed to get Frieza now kneeling on the ground breathing heavily. Slowly Kakarrot strode towards him. Kera's fingers itched. How she would love to give Frieza the final blow. She wondered at herself for begrudging Kakarrot this final act.

"Kakarrot is too quick to let his guard down. Whis has told him that so many times and he just doesn't seem to learn."

"Why? It all seems ..."

She saw a beam of light out of the corner of her eye. It was coming from near Frieza's spaceship, which had been parked between a cluster of rocks, making it hard to see. Kera saw a smile part Frieza's lips. Then Kakarrot's scream shattered the waiting silence and he fell to the ground.

Vegeta growled and pushed himself off the ground. Kera immediately followed. As Vegeta raced towards the spaceship from where the shot had come, Kera ran to Kakarrot. Running, she formed an energy ball in her hand and fired it at Frieza, who was thrown several yards backwards. It certainly hadn't killed him, but what mattered to Kera now was Kakarrot's safety. Slithering, she came to a stop at the same time as Vegeta next to Kakarrot.

"There was one soldier left from Frieza's army. He is now terminated."

"Thank you," Kera said, kneeling down to Kakarrot. Carefully, she tore his battle gear to get a better look at the wound. Or rather, the hole in his chest. It reminded her painfully of the injury Frieza had inflicted on Vegeta back on Namek, from which he had died only moments later.

"Kakarrot, have you finally understood what Whis is always saying to you? You let your guard down too quickly." Vegeta was angry as he spoke the words, but Kera was sure she could also hear some concern coming out.

Kakarrot lifted one corner of his mouth with a pained expression. "Yes, I guess he was right about that." He coughed.

"We don't have time for that now. Krillin has another bean. You'll be as good as new in no time." She looked up at Vegeta. "Now it's my turn to fight Frieza."

"Do you have to?"

"Let her. She hasn't even fought yet today," Kakarrot brought out with difficulty.

Gratefully, Kera smiled at her half-brother. One could attribute many qualities to Kakarrot. A sense of justice was definitely one of them.

"What if we fight together?" It was a risky question, she knew. Vegeta was a lone fighter. But she also knew that they both had the right to defeat Frieza. He had tortured them both.

Vegeta seemed to weigh her question as he took Kakarrot's legs and, with their help, carried him to Krillin, Bulma and Whis, who had been holding out on a small plateau throughout the fight.