Chapter 3 ○ Stupid

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Feeling Like I Do

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

"Un-fucking-believable. You should have seen him, hyung. He's crazy, like a stalker or something. Steer away, don't engage. You don't want to enter his circle of interests. I bet he's part of a cult and San is really just short for Satan. Jeez, he gives me the creeps."

"Calm down, now, or you'll choke on your lunch. If he's as bad as you make him, then don't make him more important by giving him more of your time and just ignore him. Focus on yourself and your goal, he's just an incident."

He's right. Choi San can kiss my ass. I have better stuff to do than think about his threats. Tomorrow we'll have the first dancing class. After lunch we're going to meet the choreography professor. I have plenty on my plate and everything's good. Hongjoong met another hyung called Seonghwa while he was away; he seems a little shy, but also very friendly. He hasn't talked much during lunch break, always looking down at his plate and chuckling softly. His voice is deep and baritonal, one you wouldn't expect from a guy with such a thin frame.

"I'm sorry, Seonghwa-hyung, I'm not usually this mad, but this guy really got on my last nerve. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable."

"No, no, don't worry. I just like listening more than talking. It's fine."

"What are you two doing in the afternoon, after class? I thought maybe we could hang out and maybe, I don't know, eat some ice cream together."

"I'm always in for ice cream", says Hongjoong with a teethy smile.

"As long as there is no mint chocolate, count me in", follows Seonghwa.

My smile dies a little when I see San walking past me to sit down with two tall guys at another table. He exchanges bro fists with both of them and proceeds to eat his lunch. Apparently, he hasn't noticed me at all. This means, no torment from his part, at least this one time. If I didn't know better, he would look like a decent fella from afar. The way his smile creates dimples on his face when he smiles and laughs is kinda cute. Too bad I got to know him the worst way possible, not my fault by the way. I still have to understand what he meant by "I don't tolerate disrespect", and why he thinks it affects him. Wait, no. I don't care about that. And I have to stop staring before he noti- fuck. He looked at me. He's waving. Let's wave back and smile. Do I look stupid? Of course I do. He hates me. The hell am I doing...

"Is everything okay. Wooyoung-ah?" finally, Hongjoong interrupts my train of thoughts.

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"You just smiled and waved at San. That's weird."

"I looked at him and he caught me, I had to do something. It was probably stupid of me. Was it stupid?"

"You can ask him, because he's coming here."

"Wooyoung."

"San."

"I saw you looking at me. Did you want to tell me something?"

"No. No. In fact, I wasn't even looking at you. I was looking at your friends. They're... really tall. I was wondering who they are."

San scoffs and raises an eyebrow at my words. "Don't lie, Wooyoung. Lying is bad. Didn't your parents teach you? I saw you. With my own eyes. You were looking at me."

"I... I..." his eyes are so intense, my words fail me. His gaze petrifies me and I completely forget what I planned to say to begin with.

"Cat got your tongue?" he laughs at me. Dickhead. "If you remember why you were staring, you know where to find me. I'm really curious, at this point. Take care, Wooyoung."

He turns away and returns to his friends, leaving me and mine speechless.

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

It's only the first day and I'm having too much fun already. This Wooyoung takes the bait so easily, it's stupid. But I enjoy it nonetheless. His friends look as clueless as he is. I'm not a bully, and I usually don't fixate on people like this. But that boy has a strange aura about him. I can't pull away. I don't really understand why, I suppose it is for my very low tolerance towards stupidity and disrespect. I just know I'm not stopping it until I grow bored, or if it gets too far.

I finish my lunch and say goodbye to Mingi and Yunho. They're cool guys, these two. I'm looking forward to meeting them during class. I'm not telling them yet about my little side project with Wooyoung, I want them to know me better before I do, so they'll understand.

I go to choreography class and I'm early as usual. I sit down in the front row and wait. The boy comes in after a while along with his friends. Clingy. He purpousely ignores me and sits in the back. He tries so hard it's almost cute. When class is dismissed by the professor, I don't leave immediately, checking my phone for any missed call or text. I feel stared at. I don't need to turn my head to know who's looking at me. I bet he doesn't want to walk past me, in fear I'll talk to him again. I won't. I start talking to Mingi, and at some point Wooyoung walks fast to reach the door. I look at him same as he does and I smile, but I don't say a word. I nod at whatever Mingi is saying and lose myself in the chat, quickly forgetting about Wooyoung and his friends.

***

Author's note: I lied, here's the third update in a day. I feel like I want to develop the story further already, but I know I don't have to hurry. Many things are coming for our favourite couple and I hope I can deliver them with justice.

Do you like the casual introduction of other Ateez members? Of course they will have relevance in the story, but for now they are just newly come characters.

Also, I'm giving hints on something about San and Wooyoung here and there, what can it be? Guess in the comments!