Chapter 18 ○ Oh

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Better

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

We are both laying on the bed, soaked in sweat and smiling, looking at each other as if it's the first time we're seeing our features. I was fearing a slight feeling of guilt in the aftermath, but there's nothing of the sort in me. Just pure eudemonia. San seems to be in some sort of state of bliss as well, his dimples showing more than ever on his beauteous face. He is hugging me from the side and snuggling tight; I don't want anything to change for a while. Our naked bodies entangle so perfectly they are probably meant for one other. If this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up.

"What are you thinking about, princess?"

"This. Us. You."

"And?"

"This moment... is bliss. I don't want it to end. Can we stay here for a little time yet?"

"As long as you desire, baby. I don't need to be anywhere else."

"When we're living with the others... will we be able to have moments like this? Alone, for ourselves?"

"Maybe less noisy. But I don't see why not. Everyone is going to have their privacy anyway. It's not like they're going to judge, it's not like them."

"You're right. I'm just being paranoid. It's just... I want to keep this. I want this. I just realised, I need this. Why are you doing this to me?"

San chuckles. "Likewise, princess. I was doing fine on my own, here you come wrecking my life. I guess I will have to deal with that."

"Should we tell the others?"

"About what?"

"Well, us, having... a thing."

"I think they know by now. Relax, Wooyoung, you're tense."

"I'm not tense, I'm just tired. I need to sleep. Can you stay here with me? Cuddle some more?"

"Of course. I'm not leaving you, baby."

I fall asleep in a few seconds in his arms, feeling safe and content as I hadn't in a long while.

***

When I wake up, San is still beside me, as he promised. Man of his word. He's faintly snoring. I give him a light kiss on the nose and he wakes up with a grunt.

"What time is it?"

"Dinner time. I can cook us some japchae if you want."

"Yes, please. Can I shower? I need to shower."

"After me, loser."

He smiles, but his eyes are still closed. He snuggles with the pillow when I leave the bed. He wasn't lying when he said he always needs to hug something, either. Such a softie. I take a quick but refreshing shower, then get dressed and start preparing dinner for the both of us. San drags himself out of the bed and into the bathroom; when he finishes, I'm almost done with the japchae and he comes to me to smell the food.

"This is delicious."

"You should dry your hair more. It's still damp, you could catch a cold."

"You dry it."

I jokingly smack his hair with my hands as if I'm drying it. "There, all better."

"What would I do without you."

"Starve and die with fever."

He laughs and he does so with his eyes as well. They look as crescent moons. I stare at his smile for some seconds, then I wake up from the spell.

"Dinner is ready. Sit down and enjoy my splendid cooking."

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

As usual, anything cooked by Wooyoung is delicious. We enjoy our japchae while talking about the whatnot and time passes by way too quickly. I wish this perfect day would never end, that we could live in a bubble of our own. But I have to go home and we have to go to KQ tomorrow morning.

"Now, who's pensive. What's your mind up to?"

"Nothing new. I just wish I didn't have to go home."

"Then don't. Stay the night. We will wake up early and get to the academy in time, I promise."

"I don't have a change of clothes..."

"Who cares. Please, stay. Let's end this day the best way possible."

He pouts and I can't resist him. "Okay, I'm staying. Just because I want you to cook breakfast too."

He smiles and squeals, then puts his arms around my neck. I love when he's so affectionate with me, he looks so spontaneous and at ease. I tenderly kiss him on the lips, an innocent one, and he smiles once again. Another one follows, sweet but more luscious, and we yield into it.

"Wooyoung, I think..."

"San, don't."

"What?"

"What you were going to say. Don't say it. Not yet."

"...I was going to say I think I would like to go lay on the bed because I'm feeling tired, but okay?"

"Oh. Oh. Okay, yes, absolutely, let's go."

"If you want to stay up, do so, by all means."

"No, no, look, I'm tired too, it's fine."

"What did you think I was going to say?"

"Nothing. Maybe, uh, that you wanted to go home. Yes, that."

"You are weird sometimes. Let's go to bed."

***

We walk to KQ after a good breakfast offered by chef Wooyoung, sometimes even holding hands, only to loosen the grasp after tens of seconds. We still don't know where we're at, what we are, still too fragmented to be bold about us in public and fight for it. When we arrive at the building, our friends are waiting for us and are quite puzzled to see us showing up at the same time.

"Good morning, Wooyoung-ah. You look less annoyed than usual, for a morning." Yunho teases. "San-ah. You... are dressed the same as yesterday."

There's a short, but oh so long moment of silence that dawns on the group when the realisation of what has just been said hits them all.

"Oh." says Yeosang.

"Yeah, oh. Now that we've had the talk, can we move on? Or do you need details?" I flash a smile.

Seonghwa makes a scandalised face. "I surely don't need them, thank you so much. What I need is a coffee. Who's with me?"

We follow him to the vending machine and start with our busy day all together, talking about our future apartment and the next choreo to study.

***

Author's note: hi everyone! Hope you had a blasting weekend. I'm (un)patiently waiting for San's cover to be released, I'm so hyper about it and I know I'm going to consume the replay button on it. Be a good Atiny and stream it too! Let's show the guys we love them!

 Be a good Atiny and stream it too! Let's show the guys we love them!