Chapter 26 ○ Party

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Horizon

ℍ𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕛𝕠𝕠𝕟𝕘

The good part about being listened to by all seven, well, six at this very moment, of my friends is, when the time comes, you can take matter into your own hands. San is a hot mess. He hasn't gone out except for grocery shopping, which me and Seonghwa have imposed to him, and spends most of his time in his room, brooding. He needs a distraction. Rumor has it Jackson Wang organises the best parties in Seoul, and tonight he's throwing one. I say we're going to have fun as a group of seven today, and San is going to forget all about his sadness at least for an evening.

"What do you guys think? Wait a second. I don't care. We're going."

"I like when you're all imposing. Especially when it comes to partying." Yunho is already down for it. Figures.

"San? I don't want to see you in a corner. You could have actual fun."

"Whatever. I'm going where you guys go."

"We can work on that. Now, you sluts dress up, then we all head to Jackson's. I'm sure this is going to be a blast."

We take the subway to get there. We're going to call taxis on our way back, as it's going to be too late. There's so many people when we arrive, many are outside the house, beers and soju in their hands. Loud music is coming from the inside and almost everybody is dancing to the beat. I make my way and try to find Jackson; I don't know him well at all, so this is a good chance to meet him properly. He's actually behind the console, DJing while sipping some hard liquor. He doesn't seem to be high or drunk, though.

"Jackson-hyung? Hi, I'm Hongjoong, thanks for this party. We needed some hype."

"All my pleasure, bro. Please, have fun, drink anything you like, hit on anything that moves if that's your thing. This is the house of entertainment tonight, and entertain I shall. If you have any music request, ask away."

He's a cool dude. Very chill and pleasant. Weird, also, in a positive way. I want San to meet him, thinking he may do him some good, but I can't see him right now. I look around, all the others are dancing, then spot him sitting on one of the sofas at the side of the room. Exactly what I told him not to do, splendid.

"Excuse me a second, I have to care about something. I'll be back."

"Enjoy."

I'm marching towards him, when I see the last thing I should have seen tonight.

Wooyoung.

He's dancing in the middle of the room with a guy whom I suppose is a friend, a guy I haven't ever seen before. He's laughing and chatting, now -oh Lord- he's throwing his hands on his shoulders and behind his neck. San doesn't seem to have seen him, yet. But it's only a matter of time before he does, and then all hell is going to break loose.

What do I do?

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

This party is lit, I can't possibly deny that. It's just, I'm not in the mood. How could I dance with no cares in the world when my heart feels so heavy and my head spins so fast? I don't even feel like talking to anybody new. Jackson looks like a great guy. Maybe I'll greet him another day. I'm not a great drinker, either. Not one of those guys who will drink his thoughts away, but that's for the best, probably. I would just make a fool out of myself and regret it tomorrow morning while fighting the worst headache. I'll take a soda, though. I'm thirsty.

A guy runs into me while I'm pouring myself one, and my shirt gets stained. He's so out of it he doesn't even notice. Great. I go to the bathroom, trying to rinse a bit of the soda off of it, with little to no results. When I go back to the dancing floor, the beat has changed to a sultrier song. Jackson sure knows how to heat up the crowd. I look at the dancers, among which there are my friends, having fun, and I envy them, their lightness. Until my eyes lay on the wrong person.

Wooyoung is dancing seductively to the beat, biting his lips and smirking playfully to a man I've never seen before. My blood boils instinctively and I see red, and at the same time my heart sinks. I wasn't expecting to see him here, and sure as hell I wasn't ready to see him with another man, dancing that way. That was the way he used to dance with me. Those were the looks he used to reserve me. I want to throw up.

My hands stop working the way they should and I drop my cup of soda, which completely spills on the floor in front of me. The noise is eaten away by the loud music, but lots of people turn around and look at me when the cup hits the ground... Wooyoung included.

"...San?!"

I hurry outside before he can say anything else. Tears are forming in my eyes, but I won't allow them to pour. I just need some minutes alone, that's all. Hongjoong is following me, but stops when he sees Wooyoung doing the same.

"San. I didn't expect you to be here."

"Me neither. Or I would have stayed home."

"San, I..."

"You don't have to explain. We're not together anymore, are we?"

"I don't even know how to answer that."

"Who does, then? You're the one who closed all doors. You went away. You never replied. You blocked me, even. Now, you show up with someone else and you... what did I expect."

"And I what? What did I do, San?"

"Are you really sure you want to do this, Wooyoung? Because I don't think you have the upper hand."

"You are so quick to judge, you didn't even care to ask who that person is. He's my fucking cousin. He's one of my best friends, we grew up together. We're as close as it gets. But of course, you'd think I'd be out and about being a fuckboy. Thanks for the trust. You can go back to the others and tell them I wasn't a slut, after all. I'm going home."

"Wooyoung..."

"Leave me alone."

He goes away, and I'm left looking at the night sky, wishing there was a way to do this all again from the beginning in a different way. If I still had a shard of hope of reuniting with Wooyoung, now I feel that's gone for good.

***

Author's note: aaand more angst your way, because I say so. Did you like Jackson Wang's little cameo? I read once that no fanfiction is a fanfiction until Jackson Wang throws a party. So that's what I did 😜 

 So that's what I did 😜