Chapter 37 ○ Won't Let Go

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Be With You

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

What everyone would have expected of me, was to hold back after Mr. Yoon told us to act as we liked even in front of cameras, just for the sake of it. I usually enjoy doing the opposite of what I'm told. Instead, I'm surprising every single person around me by behaving how I see fit for the situation. Which is, being as close to San as I've ever been and savoring each moment of it. He's been doing the same, finally being able to relax and be himself. Some months have passed already, and I'm happy with where we're at.

"Young-ah, we're filming the episode of a TV show this afternoon. You're up next for hair and make up." Yunho smiles at me and pats me in the back. "They decided not to give us a script since the questions will be pulled from a pool of fan based ones."

"Cool. And risky. Atinys can be wild. I like that."

Risky and wild is my cup of tea. It's what I'm made of. Maybe that's why I love our fandom so much. When I think about what we've done up until now, other than the effort I've put in it, Atinys is what I'm most proud of. I can't get beyond the sheer support they show in so little time we've been around, and I can't wait to see what we will achieve together in the future. With these thoughts in mind, my make up takes even less than expected. Mingi and Jongho are next, then we're on live. It will all be recorded in streaming. Thrilling.

"Welcome to Weekly Idol! Please, a round of applause for ATEEZ!"

"Annyeonghaseyo, 8 makes 1 team, ATEEZ imnida!"

"We will be playing some games together; dance and vocal challenges, physical challenges, and, my personal favourite and the starter for today's show, a round of questions with your fans! Are you ready?"

"I don't think we will ever be ready for Atinys... but let's go!" Hongjoong flashes his brightest smile at the host, then at the cameras.

The first question is pulled from a box containing hundreds of them; each is directed to the whole group or to a specific member, specified on the note. It's a fun game, especially for a rookie group like us, because it allows us to explain our lore, our goals, our dreams better. It never gets boring and some of the questions are actually quite clever. Some, instead, are pure fun.

"How many apples can Jongho cut in half with his hands in a row?"

"Can Yunho shoot webs with his butt?"

"Is a butt one or two, in the end?"

"Does Yeosang know where he is?"

We're basically tearing up when the host finally says, "Last one before we take a break to prepare the studio for the next game." He makes a short pause to read it before announcing it to us. "Oh, this one is daring, but I can't change it, it's the rules. KQ allowed it, guys, so don't be mad at me. This one is for Woosan. Are San and Wooyoung seriously dating? Is Woosan a real thing?"

I look at Hongjoong in disbelief. I can't believe my ears, I can't believe KQ approved of this question. And of course, our luck... among hundreds of them, this one had to be pulled. For a sarcastic bitch with snarky responses, I surely am speechless right now. If we say no, we make a fool of ourselves, and we wouldn't be true to who we are, as well. If we say we are dating, it's officially a pandemonium. Is there a harmonious way out?

"We are soulmates."

I turn my head to San, staring at him as he's speaking calmly.

"We also have matching tattoos. They say, 'Amicus Ad Aras'. It's Latin. Woo loves Latin. It means, 'a life-long partner', 'a friend to the very end'. It was the first tattoo for me, so it's extra meaningful. I can't live without Wooyoung. I would donate my kidney to him. Yes, he's my soulmate."

He stops talking and smiles tenderly to the cameras.

"Thanks, San-ah, for this heartfelt and truthful confession. Now, allow us five minutes of break until the next game: the dance challenge!"

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

The cameras stop rolling and I can see everyone is feeling uncomfortable in their seats, even the host. I shake his hand and I go for a glass of water, when Wooyoung walks up to me, almost sweating.

"I can't believe you said that on live. The comment section is burning. Burning, I tell you."

"What was I supposed to say? It's the truth." He shrugs his shoulders. "It's not like I could say we're dating, anyway. But I couldn't deny it, either. So I went for the most not-so-subtle way to say we are. And pretend we're not. Do you get what I mean?"

"Yeah, I mean, no, what will Atiny think?"

"Whatever they want. They will see what we do and how we act and assume what they think they see. We know our truth, and that is enough to me. It should be enough to you, too."

"It is, San-ah. I'm just... a bit shocked. I wasn't expecting such a stunt. What will KQ say?"

"Absolutely nothing. They accepted the question in the first place, so it's probably what they wanted. Don't sweat it, baby, I got it." I gently kiss his forehead and caress his cheek. He is so beautiful, even though there's a spark of preoccupation in his eyes. "No one can touch us."

***

Author's note: happy start of the week. Today's suggestion song is also one of my fave Ateez songs ever. So underrated. Enjoy it if you do listen to music while you read ❤

It's officially comeback week too. Can't wait!!!

 Can't wait!!!