Chapter 35 ○ Pirate King

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Treasure

𝕊𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕙𝕨𝕒

Since the day of the party at our dormitory, Wooyoung and San have been as close as they have ever been. They don't seem to care much about the words spoken by the KQ agent, and rightfully so. Our schedule has been busy since we signed the contract, and without feeling free to be ourselves we would probably succumb to the stress it all brings to the table. Our official debut date is set in one month, but we're already training daily, shooting videos and photos, scheduling shows and everything that has to do with promotion of the EP Hongjoong and Mingi are working so hard on with our producers.

Woosan has never been subtle. Not in the literal meaning of the word, anyway. But now they've been officially warned about their relationship, they enjoy playing with fire. We're doing a photo shoot, and they're standing close; it's MV shooting time, and they tease each other each moment they've got. We're talking about our project on a radio program, they're tickling the other non stop. If we're waiting our turn for a spot and they're not close, they send each other eloquent looks and smirks. If they're not touching, they're staring, if they're not playing, they're laughing, and if they're not hugging, they're sending hearts with their fingers or simply with their eyes. Never crossing any line, never overdoing it. But never being apart.

"San-ah, be careful. I know you're doing nothing wrong, but..."

"Hyung, don't worry. We're not putting Ateez on the line. We're just fucking a bit with their rules for the sake of it. And for our sake too. I don't like being told what to do, especially when it comes with self expression. They will get used to us being how we are the hard way."

"I hope so. I just don't want to see you both ending up hurt."

"You won't. But thanks for looking out for us. It means the world."

I smile fondly at him and I let him go about his day. I think he knows what he's doing, he isn't reckless nor selfish in the slightest. But if would tear him apart if he was forced to separate from Wooyoung in one way or another. Hopefully, that day will never come.

***

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

The moment you tell me to behave a certain way, you can be sure I will go the other way round. I'm just wired like this. But as sarcastic and subtle San can be, as blunt and direct I am instead. It's difficult to keep me on a leash, sometimes. It's a good thing he knows how to. Hongjoong is side eyeing me half of the time, but San is actually taming my instinct to show off in the face of everyone. I'm such a brat, and frankly, I love it.

As tiring as it is to prep up for the debut, I wouldn't trade these hard working days for anything in the world. All I have ever worked for is here, in front of my eyes, with the best people I could ask for, and the most marvelous partner at my side. My stage fright seems to be under control and I can see nothing on the horizon that can make this go wrong.

***

The lights on the stage are almost blinding, the presenter's voice is firm and resounding when he announces that "ATEEZ is going to perform their first single, Pirate King!". The MV was released only a couple hours ago and its views are doing greatly on YouTube. We're in the backstage, standing with palms sweating after makeup and hair done by professionals, waiting for the cue to walk the plank and get on our spots to begin our dance. The crowd is roaring with anticipation, already chanting our name. This isn't the academy, this is the real deal: it's time for us to shine and let them see what we're made of.

As we parade on the stage, the thrill makes my body fire up even before I start performing. The heat of the spotlights, the people singing and screaming, my brothers on my sides waiting for the song to start; everything aligns before the music finally begins and with it our show. Smooth, without hesitation, I flow with the beat and I lose myself in it. The minutes pass like seconds and suddenly we're done, the clamor of the crowd humbling us. 

"Mark this date everybody: October 24th, 2018. The day ATEEZ made their debut worldwide with Pirate King, their first single, destined to open a shining career in the K-Pop industry! Please give it up for ATEEZ!"

The roar is overwhelming, in a good way. We weren't expecting such support for the first release. But apparently, we have already made our impact on some people, on multiple levels. Signs with our names are up, inciting us and asking us to meet them, or, sometimes, to marry them. Cute. We're not used to that kind of attention yet, but it's moving. What kind of adventures await for us in the future, what kind of world is forming ahead of us? Will we always be as united as we are feeling now? We will always have the support of the people we are seeing? I don't have the answers, no one does. But I am up to live every step of the way day by day.

***

Author's note: good afternoon people. I know I haven't written anything last week and I apologise. Work and life have gotten in my way and I haven't been in a good place, mentally speaking. I have also taken some time off to re-read my stuff (cringe, trust me) and correct some mistakes here and there, and also read some new fics on Wattpad. It's always good to read people's better works when you feel a little stuck with your own.

I hope you are doing good and that you are enjoying the guys' content for the comeback in the meantime! I know I am dropping dead with each picture released and I can't wait to finally hear the new songs ❤