Chapter 33 ○ Because I'm The Captain

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Say My Name

ℍ𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕛𝕠𝕠𝕟𝕘

Since we signed our contract at KQ, morale has been surprisingly low. And the members have been terribly, terribly quiet. I'm not used to such silence in the dormitory, and I don't want to witness this setback when we should be celebrating instead. But I understand all too well why everyone is not feeling like throwing parties at the moment. We should set it right, no, I should set it right, because what kind of leader am I if I'm not there in the moment of need? They look up to me, and I have no intention whatsoever of letting them down. Besides, I already have an idea. I need a right hand on this, and I know Seonghwa will wholeheartedly be on board.

"Hwa, we need to do something about this blues. I have a plan. Will you help me?"

"Do you really have to ask?"

"Of course not. But I didn't want to sound bossy. Look, everyone is down because of how San and Woo were treated. So, I think we should be celebrating them instead."

"What do you mean?"

"Them, as friends and as a couple. As a unit. We should recognise them and let them know we have their backs, always and no matter what. I know they know. But it does no harm to put up a good show for them to let them truly know, especially in a moment like this. What do you think?"

"I think they will love it. Let's do it."

First step, have all members on board. They all agree, no questions asked. Next step, have the unit shipped elsewhere to prepare the dormitory. San is so easy to fool I almost feel guilty. Almost. Wooyoung can be trickier, but he's a bit down and he wants to be at San's side.

"Can you please go and buy some Jin ramen? We ran out of them and I really feel like eating some tonight."

"Can't I buy Nongshim? They have them in the nearest shop. Jin is sold at the other end of the city."

"I know, but they're tastier. Pretty please. We also need ssamjang and some pork meat, and..."

"Just say I need to go grocery shopping, I'll make a list."

"Thanks, San. You're the best. Woo, can you help him? If that's so far away from here, he may need some help carrying everything."

"Yeah, whatever. See ya later."

We wait for them to be gone, then we go to the nearest gadget shop and buy balloons, garlands, little pointy hats, toy trumpets and inflatable letters. We also buy a cake, some pastries and candles. I so enjoy this kind of surprises. They are going to be so happy! We're back home and we start decorating the house. Even just doing this little activity between the six of us, we're already much more cheery.

***

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

"I don't think we should take the spicier ones, I would buy the mild type."

"He said tastier though. What did he mean?"

"I think he meant the kind of noodles, San."

"I will take both, so I won't get it wrong."

"We're spending way too much time on ramen alone. Let's buy the rest and go home."

"Are you angry at me, Woo? You look angry."

"I'm not angry, I'm pissed. And not at you, in general. You know how I get when I'm in a mood."

San scoffs. "Oh, I know, right."

"I won't comment on that."

I take the ssamjang, some pork meat, eggs and banana milk. I even buy vegetables for soups, even though Hongjoong would not approve of those extra green calories. We take the subway back to the dorm after paying, and San is evidently feeling even worse than me. I bite his shoulder and he squeals.

"Are you insane? There's people here, you know."

"I don't care. You're cute when I bite you."

He finally smiles at me and laughs. It's a sight I will never be tired of. We lightly chat and hold hands for the rest of the journey, uncaring of the stares of some people. Not today, bitches. We open the dorm door and the house is awfully quiet. No one is apparently there, either. 

"Joongie? Yunho? Guys? We're back."

San's voice echoes in the room. We look at each other and I shrug my shoulders. When we walk into the living room, though, everything becomes clear. Golden, inflatable letters read "WOOSAN" on the wall, adorned with silver and golden garlands all around. Balloons of the same colour are everywhere. A big, creamy cake with a red heart and two lit candles in the middle is on the table, as well as various kinds of pastries of all sizes. I'm speechless. We're speechless.

"SURPRISE!"

The members come out from under the table, all wearing shiny hats and having big smiles plastered on their faces. I seriously cannot believe they came up with all this just to cheer us up.

"What... what is this?"

San can't stop smiling and I swear he's tearing up. He's so used to ambush people with cute stuff, sometimes he forgets what it feels like to be on the other side of things. 

"This is your party! Woosan's party. We wanted to remind you how special you are to us."

"You didn't have to..."

This is it. He's going to cry.

"But we wanted to. Let us celebrate two of our favourite people in the world today. We do not think of anything else. No one else, just the two of you and your bond."

San doesn't speak anymore. He just hugs Hongjoong tight and sheds some tears. I knew it. I'm on the verge as well, but I'm trying not to because... hell, who am I kidding. I start crying too and we all share a group hug before diving into the cake.

***

Author's note: hello ❤ I've been slightly less active these days because of work but I'm back. I'm very happy to welcome some new readers and I hope everyone is enjoying the stay. I might have had new ideas for the story these days, so that it doesn't have to close down anytime soon, and I'm quite pleased with what I've come up with! 

I'm also very excited about the comeback, as the snippets we've been fed with are so insanely good I think we're going to have banger after banger. I don't know how the guys do it. I am also living for Hongjoong's goat and I decided it's called George Fernando for no apparent reason. All hail George Fernando!

 All hail George Fernando!