Chapter 9 ○ Lesson

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Don't Stop

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

I have established a daily routine since I have moved to Seoul, starting from when I wake up to when I come back home from KQ. I like having one, it soothes me. Today, the whole morning will be dedicated to dance class, then, after lunch break we will have some good time with our vocal coach. I'm looking forward to both.

I'm walking to the academy savouring all of autumn's colour and feelings. The falling leaves and their shades are decadent and dramatic, and yet so inspiring. I could do a dance about this. I close my eyes and I imagine what that dance could look like, when I stumble into someone. I don't recognise the guy, or, at least, I don't know his name, although I've seen him in various classes before.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay?"

"Yes, don't worry. Have a nice day."

He quickly walks away without looking at me any longer. What a strange boy. I didn't even have the time to introduce myself. I shake off the weird feeling when I step into KQ and meet Hongjoong, Yeosang and Seonghwa. I don't know how they can be all smiles and happiness at this time in the morning. I just want an Americano.

"Good morning, Wooyoung-ah. Lilac suits you, after all."

"'morning, Hwa-hyung. Thanks, I felt like changing something."

"Any particular reason?"

"Not really."

"You know you shouldn't..."

"...lie to your hyung. I know, HJ. I'm not lying. Although, something did happen yesterday."

"I knew it! It was all over your face. Tell us everything about it, don't leave us hanging... princess."

"In short, San waited for me outside KQ, and told me he was sorry if he hurt me in any way with his actions on that day. But it was so heartfelt and genuine I thought he was going to cry. He caught me by surprise. He might not be the asshole I thought he was on the first days. He actually looks like a cool guy."

"And how did that conversation end? I mean, it did turn into that Instagram comment..."

"He told me he doesn't want to stop seeing me if I want the same thing. I told him it's OK with me. So, I suppose I will see him around more often. Also, he wrote me these messages yesterday... look. 'You're on my mind now'. Ain't he cute?"

"You surely like the attention, Wooyoung. Remember, play by your rules. Beside that, it looks like you have some fun ahead of you, uh?"

Hongjoong scrambles my hair jokingly and I laugh, but it's time for class so we walk towards the room. San, Yunho and Mingi are coming from the opposite way. Damn, do they look cool. San smiles at me and tilts his head my way and I smile back. We're sitting, listening to the teacher before we actually get to dance. I can't help but keep on looking at San, who notices my stare and snickers. When the explanation of the exercises is finished, we are asked to pair up.

"I'll pair with Wooyoung."

San grabs me by the arm and smiles. My heart is suddenly racing very fast. We start dancing and I have some difficulties keeping my eyes up to my partner's: his stare is so intense I feel like looking elsewhere.

"Look at me, baby. Focus."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. C'mon."

I try to sustain it a little longer and I feel both like tearing up and like a fire bolt is going to explode in my stomach any moment now. This is how you make me feel, Choi San. But I won't tell you that, not yet though. I lose the rhythm for the tenth time in a row.