Chapter 40 ○ Epilogue

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Thank U

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

The tour ended with a blast and the company praised all our efforts. They even gave us special gifts to celebrate, which was very kind of them. We feel tired but satisfied, and Atinys seem to be very happy with what we've delivered. The next step will be an extensive European and North American tour next year, but for now, we're going to rest a little. We earned it. After a flight home, we're finally back to our dormitory.

"Captain, what are you thinking about?"

"Us. How far we've come since our debut. How much we've grown together."

"You're tearing up...?"

"I'm emotional. We were just trainees looking for a chance to prove ourselves. They gave it to us. We've done so much already in so little time, learnt so much. We're not the same people we were a year ago."

"Definitely not. I am a better person because of you seven dorks. A better performer of course, but a better person, too. So, thank you, hyung."

"I still remember meeting you on our first day at KQ. You were late and San was fuming. Little did we know you would become inseparable, back then."

"Yeah. I wanted to punch him so hard. Not exactly what happened a few days later, though."

We both laugh at the thought of the infamous bathroom moment.

"I love having so many memories with you already, Wooyoung-ah. So many we can build in the future together with the others. I'm looking forward to them all."

"Me too. Thanks for being the best Captain, hyung."

We handshake, then hug. It's good to know you have six more brothers in the world.

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

I look at my index finger. I love the way it looks, with the golden ring on it. It would be tremendously empty without it. I can no longer go anywhere without wearing it. It's a part of me now. When I miss Wooyoung, if we're filming something separately or doing a shoot where we're not together, I fidget with it and think about him. It's not the same as holding hands or caressing his smooth skin, but it will do in his absence. I'm all about symbols, and now I have two for Woo: my ring and my tattoo.

Yunho asked us if we'd ever regret getting them done. I would never. Even if one day we split, or never see each other again for some brutal reason, he will always be such a great part of my heart and soul, he will always deserve being on my skin forever. I could never regret it. I could never regret Wooyoung. I walk to my room and he's sitting on my bed, playing with Shiber. I remember the first time he did that, at my old apartment.

"San-ah. Don't brood. It's a good day."

"I'm not brooding."

"Then sit beside me. I want to cuddle."

He snuggles against my chest and smiles fondly.

"You make me feel so safe. Thank you, Sannie."

"And you make me feel whole, Woo. Life wouldn't be the same without you."

We share a slow, tender kiss, then smile again at each other.

"You know I'm in love with your dimples, right?"

"Only my dimples? I'm offended."

He pretends to slap me.

"You know what I mean. I was so lucky to meet you. No, I was so lucky to be late and piss you off on that first day, so you could notice me. I'm so glad I was. Maybe we wouldn't be here, otherwise."

"I think we would. We were meant to be, princess. And you know what? No one can take it away from us now. I'm aiming at forever."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

There is nothing more I could need right now, in the cozy atmosphere of the place the eight of us built together and that we can rightfully call home.

𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔼ℕ𝔻

Author's note: so here we are. At the end. It's been a fun ride for sure, and I have to be honest, I'm quite sad to end it. But it's the right thing to do and I'm also very grateful for the many of you that have been with me all along. Thank you oh so much for sticking with me and with Answer until the very end ❤

Please let me know your thoughts about the story, the characters developments and anything that comes to mind! I'm always happy to read and reply to your comments.

If you like what you read, love Woosan and would like to read more from me, remember to check out my new book - WONDERLAND - Woosan OneShots. It's the one book I'll be dedicating my time to from now on since this one is finished!

This would be all. Remember to stream Bouncy and the whole Outlaws EP, vote for Ateez and be a good Atiny! xoxo

 Remember to stream Bouncy and the whole Outlaws EP, vote for Ateez and be a good Atiny! xoxo