Chapter 13 ○ Intervention

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Dreamers

ℍ𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕛𝕠𝕠𝕟𝕘

I feel a bit guilty about this "secret" meeting without San and Wooyoung, but, we needed to talk about them in front of a coffee or tea to clear our minds. Our group of friend has been growing since Mingi, Yeosang and Yunho joined us, and they've been a lovely addition to the ranks. They're bright, caring, fun. Also, very thoughtful and insightful. Which we very much need right now. We just want our friends to be alright.

"Mingi, you're probably the closest to San. How do you think it's going with Wooyoung from his side?"

"He'll never admit that out loud, but he's very fond of him. He wouldn't be following him around that much if he wasn't. But I also think Wooyoung is driving him a little crazy with his tantrums and his straight to the point attitude. San is softer than that. He needs to be careful, or he'll end up being hurt."

"I would have never guessed San was such a bighearted person. The first impression he gives off is quite different." I remember about the first days at KQ and I laugh between myself.

"That's his facade. He uses it as protection." weighs in Yunho. "But once you get to know him, there is no one likely to care about you like he does. He's a loyal friend."

Seonghwa is thinking deep about something before he speaks up. "He also is very respectful of others. When I asked him about his position with Wooyoung, he told me to go and ask him directly first. Consent is precious, guys."

"So, what's really the issue here? San is a good guy, and is seeing Wooyoung." asks Yeosang, a bit confused by the situation.

"The issue is," I say, calming him down with the gesture of my hand, "that we don't know if they're well assorted. We already know they're both good people. That doesn't necessarily mean they're good for each other."

"And even if they weren't, what would you do? Break them up? They're not even technically together. And it's not up to us anyways." Seonghwa seems a little pissed by the whole conversation.

"No, I wouldn't break them up. But I would talk to them, separately, and make them see they're only hurting themselves, if that was the case. But we're not there yet, I just wanted to know what you guys were thinking. I don't want this group to split up because of a fling. I think we have a bright future ahead of us if we stick together."

"What do you mean?" Yunho looks genuinely interested by what I just said.

"I mean I've been thinking about it and I'd like us to become something more than just friends. What if we took it next level and became a dance group at KQ? We could even ask to be trained together. Wouldn't it be fun?"

"Just dance? We have vocal training too. We should add that."

"We're all singers and me and Mingi could be the rap line, but I feel we're missing something. A true vocal centred person who would blow your mind away with his skills."

"I agree, but I also think we should be talking about this with San and Wooyoung as well. I already don't like whispering behind their backs." of course it's Seonghwa.

"Fine. You're right. Thank you guys for coming today. See you at KQ on Monday."

***

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

I've been thinking about yesterday morning all day. The way San heated up, but immediately told me he was sorry and didn't want to leave things as they were between us. He's good at being caring and honest, and maybe I should make an effort to be less of a douche bag and more of a friend in the first place. The fact that I'm so bitter towards him sometimes possibly means that I'm growing fonder of him, and I don't know if I'm ready. I know I should just enjoy the sweet joys of life, but it can be difficult when I don't even understand what I want.

Let's do the right thing for once, and call him.

"Wooyoung?"

"San. Hey, I thought, I owe you an apology. For yesterday. Well, not only yesterday, in general, if I'm honest."

"OK?"

"I'm sorry for acting like an ass from time to time. Sometimes I can't help it, sometimes I do that because I think I'm protecting myself."

"From what?"

"From you."

"I'm not going to hurt you, Wooyoung. I don't want that."

"No one wants to, but everybody does, in the end. We just have to choose carefully. I think now I'm okay with choosing you."

"I don't understand. Two days ago you told me you wanted to remain casual and flirting, what are you saying all of a sudden?"

"I like you. I want you to stick around. I want to come to your place, play video games and cuddle in bed. I want to cook you breakfast and see how voraciously you eat it. I want us to feel normal around our friends. I don't know what I want from you. Maybe, just to be okay with this and see what's next without too many questions. Do you think we could do it?"

"I would very much like it. I'm just surprised to hear it from you."

"You will never be bored around me, this much I can guarantee."

"No doubts. Thanks, Wooyoung."

It was easier than I thought, and I could feel San's smile even through the phone. Hell, I am smiling too and I didn't even notice it at first. Maybe I could cook dinner and bring it to him as a making up for yesterday. It would be a sweet surprise. And a show off for myself, of course. I will ponder about it a little more, listening to my favourite music while on the bed. What am I getting myself into? I don't exactly know, but it's fine. It's okay.

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

I suppose I'm fucked. Am I fucked? Yes, I think I'm fucked.

***

Author's note: another weekend approaches and this means a three day hiatus since I will be off work on Monday as well. I see more and more people saving the fic to their libraries and I'm grateful! Spread the word around if you feel up to it as well :) it's still a newborn fanfiction, but I have no intention of discontinuing it or leaving it open without an ending. I am very serious when it comes to finish what I started!

So, have a great weekend everyone, eat well and be safe! See you on Tuesday.