Chapter 14 ○ Eight

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Diamond

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

Hongjoong is dead set with his idea of forming a dance and vocal group with our friends. He thinks we have the numbers and strength to do it and do wonders. But we still miss something. So, today's vocal class will be his way of scouting the main vocalist for the group. We'll all have to stay alert for any real talent, hoping of course it will be shown off.

Around an hour into class, I recognise the boy I stumbled into the other week; this must be where I had seen him before, vocal training. I need to apologise for the way we met and he didn't give me the time to do it properly before going away. I will talk to him after we're done. That's when he starts singing and my jaw drops. He's absolutely impressive, his tone crystalline and sharp, yet sweet and melodic. I look at Hongjoong and I can see he's in awe as well.

"We have to ask him if he wants in."

"Let me do the talking. I already wanted to chat with him about our unfortunate encounter the other day. Could be a good way to start the conversation."

I patiently wait for class dismissal. Before he can escape my grasp, I step beside him.

"Hi! I wanted to properly introduce myself and apologise for tripping over you last week. I'm Wooyoung. I had never heard you singing before, you are incredible, by the way."

"Hey, thank you. Don't worry about it, I had already forgotten. I'm Jongho."

"Say, would you like to join a dance and vocal group we're forming? We're 7 friends and we're missing a main vocalist. We think you would be great for the spot."

"I would love to. I'd like to meet everyone first, though."

"Of course. Come, I'll introduce you to the guys."

He is obviously well received and joins us for lunch as well. This is when I notice San is trying to make a little skin contact with me. I know he's still unsure about how much I'll allow him to do, especially in front of our friends. But I vowed to change and be less of a dick towards him. I put my head on his shoulder and I can see the surprise in his eyes, but he also smiles. I love when he genuinely does that, because dimples form on his face. They look adorable. I put my hands on his hips, almost hugging him from behind, and I can feel him relaxing into it.

"Thanks.", he says.

"For what?"

"For this."

"Well, we're friends, right?"

"Right."

***

𝕊𝕒𝕟

We are now a group of 8. I started this year off as a loner, but I'm glad this rapidly changed into a completely different dynamic. I like we're I'm at right now. I don't mean in this moment, in Wooyoung's arms, but also that doesn't hurt. He's loosening up a little and I enjoy it. I might even admit it to him, if he ever asks.

"What are you wondering about, San?"

"We need a name."

"As a group, you mean?"

"Of course as a group, what else? If we're going to present as a team to KQ, we might as well have a battle name."

"Bring it up to Hongjoong. He will think of something, I'm sure."

"I will. I will also think about it this afternoon. Want to come to my place and have a brainstorming session? We could also train a bit."

"Why not. Let's go to class now, or we're both going to be late and I know you hate that."

***

On our way to my apartment, Wooyoung can't seem to shut up for a second. He's talking and gossiping and heating all up about it. He's hella cute, too. I don't interrupt him because he is a sight when he's comfortable, and we're also arrived to my place. The sound of my keys wakes him up from his spell and suddenly he's quieter than before.

"Oh, we're here already."

"Yeah, time flies when you have fun."

"Are you mocking me?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. C'mon now, we have some stairs to do."

Once we're in, I offer him some strawberry milk and egg rolls, then we start dancing to the newest choreo we did in class. We spend almost two hours after that without even noticing, then we collapse on the ground, laughing. I feel pretty satisfied by our work and we've done substantial improvement. But this isn't what I'm focusing on at the moment.

Wooyoung is sitting next to me, smile wide open, sweat slowly glowing up his skin. His eyes are set on me and I'm staring right into them. He's so beautiful now, he's breathtaking. I put my hand on his chest to feel his pounding heart; it's racing, still recovering from the upbeat dancing we've put it through. And maybe something else. His lips are plump and luscious, and he's slightly biting his lower one, although he tries to hide it. He whispers.

"San..."

I don't answer back, but I draw closer.

"San."

He tilts his head a little, distancing himself from me.

"What's wrong?"

"San, we... we've never kissed before. Not like this."

"I know."

"If we do, if we..."

"Wooyoung. Do you want me to?"

He looks at me, but he doesn't hesitate.

"Yes."

My hand climbs up from his chest to his chin and I move closer to him, never losing eye contact until my head leans to allow our trembling lips to almost meet. I can feel the heat of his mouth on  my own before my tongue gently slips in in search of his own. He answers the kiss eagerly but sweetly, following my pace. We can't seem to split up until minutes later, when both his hands are on my shoulders and my hunger for his taste is rising every moment. He glances at me and smiles again, then laughs and looks away.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. I thought... I thought you'd be more violent. You were passionate but sweet."

"You assume many things, Wooyoung. Don't. Live and explore, think later."

"Is this your wisdom of the day?"

"This is my wisdom of the week."

"I like you, Choi San."

"I like you, Jung Wooyoung."

***

Author's note: hope you all had great holidays. I had a sudden spike of views and readers, I suppose the fic has been shared somewhere, I'm extremely grateful and happy <3 thank you all so much for being here and for following along the journey!

Today I joined a GO for the new ATEEZ official merch from the Korean shop and I'm already impatient to get all my new goodies. I won't get them until May but I'm waiting! Support the guys!

 I won't get them until May but I'm waiting! Support the guys!