Chapter 27 ○ Tell Me The Truth

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔: Twilight

𝕐𝕖𝕠𝕤𝕒𝕟𝕘

I'm in the middle of dancing and laughter when I see chaos unraveling, and Hongjoong running towards San, then... Wooyoung? Where did he come from? Not five minutes pass by, and he is furiously marching through the crowd, picking up his stuff, and leaving with his friend. I'm not letting him, though, not in this mood. It's hard enough to get ahold of him these days, I'm guessing it will be even harder if he leaves with a negative mindset. I'm not having it, I want to solve it, and I'm doing it right now.

"Wooyoung? What happened?"

"Ask Captain dickhead out there. I'm going home."

"You forget where your home is. It's with us."

"Stop it, Yeosang. I know you thought that too, about me, just some minutes ago. Brothers my ass."

"Thought what about what? You're talking nonsense. I literally just saw you storming out."

"Is this a concept or are you for real? Of course. You're Yeosang."

"I really don't get you sometimes. Anyway, I suppose with 'Captain Dickhead' you mean San. And since you blocked him everywhere and don't let him speak to you, I don't want you two parting on such bad terms. You both deserve better than this, and you know I'm right. Please, hear me out. Talk to him."

"I don't have anything to say to him. He had his chance and he blew it. I'm done."

"Then, let him do the talking. I'm pretty sure he has plenty to say. Wooyoung. Please. You only have to listen."

He scoffs and looks at his friend, who visibly encourages him to do as I say. Good boy, I like him already.

"Fine. But I'm not going to him. He's coming here."

Typical Wooyoung. I'm going to fetch San, then. It's going to take a little less convincing, some convincing nonetheless, though. Hongjoong understands what I'm going for and shows me where to find him. He's sitting on the grass outside, looking at the sky, visibly shaken.

"San-ah? It's Yeosang. Look, I know you and Wooyoung had a fight. But I just talked to him, and, uh, he's willing to listen to you if you want to talk. You just have to come over to him and..."

"What could I possibly say that will make this alright?"

"I don't know what happened in details, but I'm sure you can try..."

"I can. But I hurt him and showed him I don't trust him. I'm a bad person, Yeosang."

"No, you're not. I know you are not. You're the most caring person I know. Right now, it is your weakness. Let it be your strength. Find it in you and tell Wooyoung why you care so much about him. He will understand."

"Thanks for fighting for me. For us. I love you, brother."

I smile fondly at him and I make our way to Wooyoung, who is now waiting outside the front door, his friend says. He smiles sadly at San, who reciprocates the bittersweet smile and puts a hand on his shoulder.

***

𝕎𝕠𝕠𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘

San opens the door and seems like a beaten up puppy. He doesn't even look at me in the eyes, his own stuck to the ground. I know he's suffering and my heart aches a little. I try to feel resolute, though, and look and sound as such.

"What do you want, San?"

"I... don't want you to storm away from me like that. We fought, but didn't really talk about what happened. Nor about what came before tonight. We deserve more than this, because there was a 'we' and it felt strong and true and it still is, for me, it will always be, no matter what. I want you to now that."

"You're rambling. One thing at a time."

"I'm sorry for tonight. You're right, I judged you, and I'm disgusted at myself for it. But it wasn't because I think you are easy or something. It's because I am so insecure about myself I always suppose others are doing stuff behind my back. I know it's not an excuse and it's wrong anyway. But I told you about Yeon-jin. I... it felt the same. Like I was baggage thrown away. And I panicked. I am so sorry. I should have asked you, but then again we were not on speaking terms, so it was a difficult situation for me... I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry."

"I told you already, I'm not Yeon-jin. What about before tonight?"

"What is there to say that I haven't left you in a dozen voicemails or in countless texts you haven't replied? I miss you, Wooyoung, I cannot function without you around. We all miss you at home. We miss you."

"I'm not asking about the others. I'm asking about you."

"Why are you still playing with me? Do you want me on my knees? I can do that." he actually falls on his knees and puts his hands in a praying position before me. "I miss you. I miss your smile, your dolphin laugh, your hugs, your surprise breakfasts, cuddling with you, your little kisses on the cheeks. I miss your sarcasm, your snarky replies, the way you film half of our lives, your dancing, I fucking miss making love to you. I feel hollow. Eating feels stupid. Going out seems pointless. I would do anything for you to come back home to me, to us. But if you decide to cut me off and leave Ateez, there is just one thing I ask of you. Please, end this. For real. Don't leave me hanging once again, not knowing where I stand or where you will be the next day. Just end it already. Tell me you're done."

"Do you really want me to decide right here, right now?"

"Yes. It's the last thing that I ask you for my own sake."

"Then, I will. There's not much left I can do, anyway."

I look at the sky, then at him. His gaze is again fixed at the ground and he's scared shitless. I move his chin up with my hand and I look straight in his eyes, finally ready to tell him my truth.

***

Author's note: cliffhanger because I'm that kind of bitch. I'm kinda loving where this all is going and I do hope you're enjoying this as well. Comments are increasing and I encourage them, I adore replying to anything you write and it shows I'm doing something right, so thank you so much once again!

Our baby Wooyoung hurt his ankle on stage but said it's nothing serious. I hope he has a speedy recovery! Fam got you!!

 I hope he has a speedy recovery! Fam got you!!