The Rebel of the Savanna: Part 15

*Third POV*

Jack walked into the room with a pretty neutral look but it also showed some seriousness and a bit of anger. He was still a little mad about the events from earlier and what Leona and Ruggie were doing. Ruggie was a bit surprised to see that the eavesdropper was Jack but didn't expect anything less from him. After all, Jack was one of the best of the best in the Savanaclaw dorms for a reason. While Leona wasn't all too surprised to see him as if he was expecting for Jack to show up in his room.

"......"

"And what are YOU doin' up so late? Need someone to sing you a lullaby?" Leona questions with a stern look on his face.

"Maybe I'll give it a shot! Shyeheehee!" Ruggie said in a teasing tone

"I want to know why. Why are you two doing this?" Jack questioned the two

"Huh. So it's a bedtime story you're after. All right, I got one for you. We went up against Malleus's Diasomnia team in round one of the tournament two years running. We were eliminated both times. We got a wall fulla championship trophies, but they ran circles around us like we were still in diapers. And that disgrace was broadcast to the entire world. I looked like an incompetent moron. And now the pro league recruiters, well, they pass right by Savanaclaw." Leona explains with an annoyed and angered tone in his voice

"But that's because we weren't good enough!" Jack said sternly as Leona nods in agreement

"You're right about that. Last year, you could certainly say that we didn't give the tournament our all. Only a total moron would have thought we could win. But that's how naïve we were. We never even came up with a plan or nothin'. And we've got the nerve to claim Savanaclaw honors the tenacity of the King of Beasts! What a joke."

"But that's exactly why acting like cowards and cutting down our opponents is so wrong!" Jack growled in anger as he clutched his hand

"'Wrong,' you say? Jack, who do you think I'm doing this for? I'm thinkin' about you and your dormmates here! This is about crushing Malleus and restoring Savanaclaw's reputation! The headmage said if we don't win this year, Malleus is getting inducted into the hall of fame. That means this is our last chance to beat him. And you're gonna throw it away over...what? Some moral superiority complex?" Leona questions him as Jack was shaking in anger.

"But... I..."

"Using your wits to corner your prey is part of the hunt. There's nothing cowardly about it." Leona stated

"Shyeheehee! Night Raven operates on the survival of the fittest. Nice guys don't last long here." Ruggie informs Jack, which made the wolf boy mad.

"But Housewarden, if you got serious about playing, we could actually be a threat to Diasomnia! I saw the way you played three years ago! I'll never forget it!" Jack growled as he glared at Leona

"What do YOU know about ANYTHING, frosh?! You want me to "get serious about playing"? Hah! Now you're the one who's naïve. It wouldn't change a thing. Get outta my sight."

"......" Jack remains silent as he leaves the room, Leona sighs while rubbing his head.

"That boy could be a problem. You want me to tack care of him?" Ruggie asked as Leona looks at him and shakes his head.

"No. Don't. Even if he goes and blabs it all to Crowley, he ain't got a shred of proof. And besides, that'd be a terrible waste of talent. Just make sure you keep an eye on him." Leona orders him

"Understood." Ruggie smirks

Ruggie walks out of Leona's room to keep an eye on Jack to make sure he didn't pull any crazy stunts. After all, if he goes to bed right away, Jack could do something that he'll regret later and cause them problems to their hunt. Even if the Headmage wouldn't believe him without proof, there was someone looking into the accidents, which is a risk already. Meanwhile with Leona, he was sitting on his bed with his eyes closed. He began to get annoyed as the conversation earlier played in his mind.

"Tch. Stupid frosh... Talkin' like he's better than me." Leona mutters to himself

Elsewhere in the Ramshackle dorm, Ciel was sleeping soundly despite Grim's snoring being heard through the room. Grim had stopped sleep talking by the time Ciel came back from being outside. As Ciel slept, he began to breath heavily and turning as he saw two drops of ink fall and form into one puddle. It reminded him of what happened back when Riddle was still like a tyrant, this made his face contort to fear. Then the image faded as Ciel's breathing slowed back to normal. He stopped moving as he began to sleep peacefully once more, but feeling that things were getting worse.

(Sorry it's short, I tried to add more but it's still short ;w; )