The Rebel of the Savanna: Part 21

*Ciel's POV*

Riddle was explaining the plan to us while also going into detail for each part so we can understand better. We all made sure we listen to his plan as to not make any mistakes that could cause any trouble. He assigned each of us with a role to play for this plan to work properly and successfully. I had to admit, this plan was a very good one and one that might just work in the long one. However, there were some holes that was within it that can cause issues for them, but with how close the Spelldrive was it was a risk we have to take.

"Huh. That's actually not half bad, dude." Ace said with a smile on his face, agreeing with the plan without any issues.

"That is quite the plan, Housewarden Rosehearts!" Deuce said also in agreement

"Yeah, it might just work!" I said with a hopeful smile as Riddle gave me a small smile.

'Despite there being a few holes in it...'

"Sounds like 'ol Cay-Cay has a lot of prep work to do before the big day!" Cater stated with a cheer as Riddle looked at him.

"Thank you, Cater. Take care not to raise any suspicions." Riddle warned Cater

"So, H-B-U, Jack? You heard Riddle's plan. Are you in? Or out?" Cater asks

We all turn towards Jack to see what he was going to say as for this plan to work right, we'll need his help. Plus, hopefully this will convince to join us and not go with his original plan that will not work in the long run. Jack thought about the plan for a bit, seeing if it will work for him and not cowardly. After a couple of minutes, he looked at us with a sigh as he crossed his arms before speaking his opinion.

"There's nothing cowardly about it, at least. I suppose we can work together this one time." Jack stated, finally agreeing

"Really feelin' the trust there, Jack." Grim stated with a deadpanned look as I back handed him on the head.

"Cool beans. Let's all get back to our dorms for today. I know I'm about ready to keel over." Ace said as I didn't realize that we missed the classes, I prey for the next day.

"Yeah, and I'm starving!" Grim cried out as his stomach growls

"Don't worry, Grim. I'll make something for us to eat." I said as I going to make the meal that Trey taught me.

"Hold on a moment, freshmen. Because of the information it yielded, I am going to overlook your flagrant violation of rule #6: 'No fighting on campus.' But rest assured that if it happens again, it will cost you your heads. Are we clear?" Riddle said with an angry look, which made everyone flinch at the sight.

"Yes sir, Housewarden Rosehearts." Me, Grim, Ace, and Deuce said, not wanting to anger him even more.

"...Yeah." Jack said while rubbing the back of his head.

"Very well. Let us return to our dorms." Riddle said, satisficed with the response

"Man, I thought he looked like a wuss, but your housewarden is one scary dude." Jack whispers to Ace as he was standing closer to him.

"You ain't wrong. Mistake him for a friendly hedgehog and you'll quickly learn he's actually a furious porcupine." Ace whispers back

"Let's all get well-rested for tournament day! We are gonna stop this crime, no matter what!" I said with determination

We all proceed to go back to our respective dorms to rest while I continued to pray that the teachers wasn't made at us for not showing up for our classes. Well, except for me and Grim as I had to pay the school store for some ingredients as we were pretty low on groceries. After I got the groceries, I quickly make my way back to the dorm with Grim in my arms as Grim was getting fussy. I don't like it when he gets fussy because he complains a lot and doesn't have any patience for anything. Once we got inside the dorm, I put Grim in the lounge and told him to do his homework while I cook, He complained but did as told while I feel something bad is happening but I didn't know what it is.

'I wonder what's going on in Savanaclaw at the moment...'

*Savanaclaw Dorm: Lounge, Third POV*

In the lounge, Leona was sitting on the couch with a frustrated expression on his face as he rubbed his forehead. He was not in a very good mood due to hearing news that he wasn't expecting to hear and it was one he saw as a threat. He then opens his eyes as he glares at the individual in front of him. It was none other than Ruggie, who was sweating a bit as he he was trying to hide his nervousness and fear. The two weren't alone as some of the other Savanaclaw students were present as well.

"Ruggie, what's this I heard about you gettin' chased around by the Heartslabyul kids at lunch?!
You idiot! I told you a thousand times to make sure you didn't leave any evidence behind!" Leona said angrily as Ruggie smiles nervously

"I... I didn't! That was some kind of a fluke. You don't need to worry about a thing, Boss. They've got no evidence whatsoever. Cross my heart and hope to die!"

"Hmph. Anyway, I secured the cooperation of that creepy squid at Octavinelle, but it didn't come cheap. If you idiots mess things up on tournament day, I am gonna fry you up and eat you myself." Leona stated as all of the dormmates smiled

"The main dish is coming along nicely." Ruggie stated, happy with this turn of events

"Don't worry. We're gonna have those Diasomnia jerks pleading for mercy on tournament day!" On r the students said as the others joined in.

"I do look forward to watching this all play out. Oh, how the world will praise us when they see you standing over a battered Malleus Draconia! Maybe some top corporate recruiters will even take an interest in a little ol' hyena like me." Ruggie gloated as one of the students agreed

"Even the pro leagues will be scouting you!"

"Look at all'a you—celebratin' when you've only just sunk you claws into your prey." Leona smirks at the sight as the students continue talking.

"You're gonna be the most famous of all, Leona!"

"Everyone in the Sunset Savanna is gonna have some second thoughts about who should be the next king!"

This caused Leona to become annoyed at those words, it was if the thought of being the next king annoyed him. Like he didn't want to be the next king to begin with and was content with everything right now. Or maybe, there was another reason behind with his annoyance behind the thought of being king. He closes his eyes as he was now deep in thought as he begins to growl but it was low.

"Succession ain't got nothin' to do with ability." Leona mutters with a low growl

"Huh?" Ruggie questions as Leona shakes his head.

"Nothin'. *Yaaaaawn* I'm headin' to bed. All of you, scram."

"Yessir. Sleep well, Housewarden." Ruggie said with a smile

The students along with Ruggie leaves the lounge to go get some sleep since the Spelldrive was tomorrow and they had to get ready. Though Ruggie was grateful that he wasn't scolded harshly by Leona as he was heading to his room. He doesn't like when that happens as it leads to arguments and he knows how stubborn Leona is. While Leona on the other hand continued to sit on the couch with his eyes closed. He thought about the events transpiring around the school as he let's out a frustrated sigh.

"As if conquerin' this school is gonna fix anything in the real world..." Leona said to himself with his eyes close.

Meanwhile in the Ramshackle dorm, Ciel was working on his homework after him and Grim ate their dinner and Grim decided to hit the hay. Well, after Ciel made sure that he did his homework first and didn't skip it. Luckily he didn't as the ghost confirmed it since Ciel had asked them to keep and eye on him while he was cooking. While doing his homework, his vision flashed dark yellow with black fade surrounding him as a black puddle was in front of him. Then three more fell from the sky as it combine with the puddle before his vision returned back to normal. He was shaken by this as he looked through the boarded windows to the stars in the night to calm his nerves.

'I feel something back is growing... I hope this plan work, for everyone's sake...'