The Rebel of the Savanna: Part 23

*Ciel's POV*

I was walking with Ace and Deuce, who were wearing their dorm's uniform, as they were showing me and Grim around the festival since this was our first time seeing the Spelldrive event. I was thankful as this are was big to the point that I could get lost if I'm not careful. Though I was able to see a bit of of the festival grounds earlier as I left the dorm early to help Riddle with something. I looked at the kiosks and saw that they were selling as I remembered the memory of those toys that I've seen and couldn't help but smile. I had to keep a good grip on Grim though as he was looking at the food that was being sold in some of the kiosks.

"Myaaah! Get a load of all the food stands! They got churros and funnel cakes and... Ooh, is that jerky?" Grim question in awe as he looked at the food selection in some of the kiosks.

"Wow, they really went all out for the Spelldrive, I can't wait to see what the tournament is like!" I said before looking at Ace and Deuce, who had sadden looks

"What's wrong?" I asked as they voiced their thoughts

"Man, I can't believe I didn't make the team after all that." Ace said sadly

"Me neither..." Deuce stated

"There's always next year. So, let's cheer on the ones who did!" I suggested which makes the two smile as they knew Ciel was right in the end.

"Well, we have an important job to do anyway. We should focus on that." Deuce stated with determination.

"Yeah, good point. Focused. That's us." Ace said

"That's a first." The two looked at me in shock as I giggled

"Whoa, what's a corn dog?! I wanna try one! Come to papa, whatever you are!" Grim said as he b-lined to the kiosk with corn dogs.

"Eat later! We need to go!" Ace said as he grabbed Grim

"I'll get you one when this is over, okay?" I said as Grim nods.

We continue walking as Grim complained about not getting any of the good food that was being sold since he was a little hungry. Though not as much as I did promise him I would get something later. Which was a good thing or else Grim might accidently cause an argument to occur. We quickly make our way to meet up with the others to put the plan into action and keep an eye out. I then begin to feel that I was being watched, I turn my head to see that no one was there, I shrug as I continue to follow the Ace and Deuce.

*Meanwhile at Savanaclaw Dorm, Third POV*

Leona was standing outside of the Savanaclaw dorm with the other students while holding the something that he got from Azul. When Ruggie showed up, Leona hands the object to him, which he took from Leona. Leona explains what it does and when to use it as Ruggie listen to the instructions carefully. The students listen in as smirks began to form on their faces as excitement began to fill their hearts. Leona then looks at the coliseum as he began to hear the audience and other students entering it. 

"The players should be reachin' the stadium soon." Leona informs the students

"Everything's set. We're ready to go whenever." Ruggie stated, which makes Leona smirk.

"Last year's champion will be up first—that's Diasomnia. Hah! My heart's pumping now."

"Sha ha ha! Then let's get going!" Ruggie laughs

All of the students then proceeds to make their way to the coliseum talking about how exciting this is. However, Jack sneaked away from the others to meet up with another group without anyone noticing. He knew that him and the group will have to act quickly, or else something bad will happen. Once he was far from the dorms and the other Savanaclaw students, he broke into a sprint. He preys to himself that the rest of the group are doing their parts and fast, before it's too late.

*Side street, Festival*

At the coliseum, All of the audience members sat down in their seats while some of the students also sat down. The audience was waiting for the Spelldrive to begin as they were talking to one another in excitement. While the students, who are not part of the teams or working in the kiosks, were present to show respect and cheer their teams on. Either way, everyone here was to have fun and enjoy the tournament. After a while of waiting, the speakers turns on, which caused the audience to become quiet and look forward.

"*ahem*... Welcome, one and all, to the Night Raven College interdorm Spelldrive tournament! Thank you for your patience. The players will be entering the stadium momentarily!"

"WOOOOOHOOOOO!" The audience cheers as the announcer continues

"First up will be last year's champion. But can lightning really strike thrice? Give it up for the Reigning Light... DIIIIIAAAAASOOOOOMNIIIIIAAAAA!"

"WOOOOOOOOO!" The audience cheered as Diasomnia players walks into the coliseum.

Meanwhile, Ruggie was in one of the entryways hiding in the shadow to avoid being seen by anyone or the group. He had a feeling that they weren't gonna give up that easily like others would and try something. Which is why he was told by Leona to make sure that he wasn't seen after the chase yesterday. And he doesn't want to make Leona mad again as he doesn't want to think about what he would do to him. He looks around before pulling out the object that he got from Leona.

"Ooh, what a crowd! It should be plenty large enough... Sha ha ha! First, to drink Azul's potion... Urk?! Blech! What IS this?! It's awful! It's like...stew someone aged in gym sock. Urgh... Okay, get it together, Ruggie. Let's go. Time to fire off my signature spell... Let's send the audience running like a stampede of wildebeests! Okay, folks... 'Laugh With Me!'" Ruggie stated as he begins to use his magic

While the audience was cheering and waiting for the next team to enter, they all grow silent when they began to hear something. This caused everyone to be confused as they began to look around while some stand up on their own.

"Huh? What's that sound?

"What is going on over there? There's a whole bunch of people charging at the players!"

"Wh-whaaaaa?! My body, I can't control— Ah! Out of the way! Out of the way!"

"EEEEEK! Don't push me!"

"Run! Before you get crushed!"

"AAAAAAAAH!"

"Spectators are converging in some sort of reckless stampede! Everyone please, calm down! I beg of you!" The announcer begged but it didn't work.

"WAAAAAAAAAH!" The audience screams out

Chaos began to brew as audience began to scream out in fear and shock while those who are being controlled tired to take back control. The Announcer was trying to get everyone to calm down to no avail. The chaos continued as Ruggie continued to use his magic to control some of the audience members. He was pretty surprised but in awe by how strong his magic has become after drinking the potion. At first, he was able to control one person but now he can control more individuals. 

"Whoa... Azul's potion is insane! Look at how many people I can control at once! *pant* I don't know how many more... *pant* ...I can handle, but this...should be enough! Let's see what you do now! Surely you wouldn't use magic against civilians? You're the Prince of the Fae, Malleus. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't dare! So get squashed instead! Shyeheehee!" Ruggie said in mischief

"The rush of stampeding spectators is headed right for the Diasomnia players...! Everyone, run away! Please, run awaaaaay!" The announcer pleaded as the audience who were not controlled fled.

"WAAAAAAAAAH!"

"If they keep coming, we're gonna get crushed! Everyone, protect Malleus!" The sliver haired boy ordered

"This way, Housewarden! Malleuuus! N-no! We're too late! Oof! We're getting crushed!" The green haired boy said

"AAAAAH! MALLEUS, NOOOOO!" The sliver haired boy cried out

The Diasomnia players were being crush or hit by the audience as they didn't have enough time to react and move out of the way. They were all hit was they cried out in pain along with the audience's cries. As the chaos goes on while people try to lessen it, Ruggie make sure no one is looking as he stops his magic. He watched the audience used for his sinister plan had regain control of their bodies but were sore. Ruggie looked to see if the team was still there, only to see that some were gone while some we bruised and unconscious with Malleus laying on the ground.

"It worked! Exactly as we planned it!" Ruggie shouts in glee as he cheers.

Unbeknownst to Ruggie, someone was watching while holding the phone that they were given by someone. They too were hiding in the shadows as they were told to do this as a part their role besides eavesdropping. Once they got everything recorded, they stopped the recording, like they were taught, and leaves without Ruggie noticing. They quickly make there way back to the others while making sure to not drop the phone in the process. The individual looked at the recording with a smile on their face as they let out some giggles.

'*giggles* Sorry, you had your fun but this game is over.'