The Rebel of the Savanna: Part 25

*Ciel's POV*

Before anyone could react, a gust of magic was released from Leona that caused everyone to be pushed back a bit. I saw that the area begins to be surrounded by gusts of sand as the sky darkens a bit. The gusts of sands grows stronger as it brought some of us to our knees but the rest was able to stay standing, barely though. I quickly covered my mouth to prevent any sand to get in my mouth as my eyes hurts a bit. Leona smirks as he proceeds to grab Ruggie by the arm before lifting him up as Ruggie tried to break free.

"Aaagh..." Ruggie groans out in pain, the other Savanaclaw students tried to rescue him but failed.

"Gwaaah!" The Savanaclaw students were blown away pretty far as Leona sent a wave of magic towards them.

"What?! My nose is dryin' out... M-my eyes hurt!" Grim cried out in pain due to the sand.

"I-It's getting hard to breath..." I said as I began coughing pretty hard as Riddle checked to make sure I was okay.

"Everything the housewarden touched is turned to sand?!" Jack stated in shock

"That'd be my signature spell. 'The King's Roar.' Ironic, isn't it? Nothin' the savanna hates more than a drought. Yet its prince's magic desiccates everything—reduces it to sand." Leona explains as Ruggie cries out in pain.

"B-boss... It huuurts...!"

"What's wrong with Ruggie?!" I cried out in horror as I noticed cracks on Ruggie.

"Ruggie's arm! The skin is cracking!" Deuce shouts in horror as the cracks on Ruggie's arm spreads.

"Your spell can legit dry out a HUMAN BEING?!" Ace stated in horror, that part caused me to shiver as a nasty sight appeared in my mind.

"Leona, I cannot allow this to continue! Off With Your Head!" Riddle stated as he tried to used his signature spell on Leona in attempt to stop him.

However, as Riddle's signature spell tried to hit Leona in order to cut off his magic and save Ruggie from Leona's wrath, it didn't work. Instead it bounced off thanks to the gusts of sand surrounding Leona and Ruggie. The spell hit another object, that was nearby, as a collar appeared on it. This caused all of us to be shock by this as we didn't expect that to happen before. Hell, even Riddle was surprised by this as his signature spell has never failed him before like it did now.

"Myah?! Riddle's collar bounced right off!" Grim cried out in shock while flailing in my arms

'Just how strong is Leona's signature is it!' I thought to myself as Leona smirks at Riddle's shocked face.

"Maybe you're some kinda prodigy, kid, but don't go thinkin' you're smarter than your elders. I aced my Protective Magic classes in my sleep."

"Tch!" Riddle growls out as I place a hand on his shoulder with a frown.

"Don't let him get to you, Riddle!" I said while trying to calm him down so he can focus as right now, Ruggie needs our help.

"Hah! How do you like that, Ruggie? Does it hurt? Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots? That was your finest talent, too." Leona said in a dark tone and with a smirk as he looked at Ruggie.

"Ngh... G-gaah..." Ruggie grits his teeth in pain slowly losing the energy to escape.

"If we don't stop him, Ruggie's gonna...!" Jack cried out as I glare at Leona.

"This ends right here! Whatever it takes, we got to stop him!" I declared as the others nods in agreement.

The group began to get into a fight position as Ciel, Deuce and Cater got back unto their feet with the help from the others. Riddle, Ace, Deuce, Cater and Jack made sure that their magical pens were out and held on tight to avoid losing them. While Grim was still in my arms as I began to give orders to the others. They began to send spells after spells at the gusts of wind that was protecting Leona from being hit. They continue to send magic left and right to prey that at least one of them can get through.

Though it does seem to be slowing down Leona's signature as the cracks are form much slower than they were earlier. But Ruggie was not out of waters yet as he was still in Leona's grip and the spell was still affecting him. They continue to send all the spells they had from their arsenal while avoid tiring themselves by taking turns. Though while none of the spells has gotten through yet, some were making a dent in it which gave us hope. I looked at Ruggie with determination as I continue to give orders to the others.

'Please, hold on Ruggie... We'll save you!'

(This was one of the shortest chapters I had to work with so I hope it's long enough... ;w; )