The Rebel of the Savanna: Part 24

*Third POV*

After everyone had left the coliseum in a panic due to what had happened earlier, the Savanaclaw students walked inside. Leona looked around with a smirk as he recalled what had happened all thanks to Ruggie. The sight of the Diasomnia team being stampede along with Malleus was what brought his heart joy. The plan that he came up with worked like he thought it would, which means he'll be the new champion. After a couple of minutes, Ruggie showed up panting as he was looking for him and the others due to them not being where they were earlier.

"*Pant*... *Pant*... Leona, I did it! Did you see the broadcast?" Ruggie asked while he was a little tired.

"Yeah. That was nice work, Ruggie. So long, Malleus. This year, the throne is mine." Leona smirks at the thought of finally winning.

"Long live the king! Sha ha ha!" Ruggie shouts in cheer

"Long live the king! Hooray!" The Savanaclaw students cheered and celebrated their victory over Diasomnia, and especially over Malleus himself.

"I believe we've heard enough."

This caused the Savanaclaw dorm to jump in surprise and freezes on the spot as they heard footsteps walking towards them. They looked towards the source and saw that it the group: Riddle, Ace, Deuce, Ciel, Grim, along with Jack. The group had a serious look on their faces as they stood in front of the group. It doesn't take a genius to understand why they were so serious, it was saying that they were done with this game. They looked towards Leona and Ruggie as the both of them were taken aback.

"?!" Leona and Ruggie froze in shock, then Leona spots Jack with the group.

"Well, well, if it isn't the Heartslabyul kids. And is that Jack? You transfer to Heartslabyul on us, frosh?" Leona questions as Jack growls

"Nah. I just don't feel like celebrating the underhanded accomplishments of a bunch of cowards."

"You filthy traitor!" Leona stated in annoyance and anger as he glares at Jack.

"At least he's trying to fix the situation that you all caused because of your selfishness." Ciel stated as Grim growls

"You have tarnished a proud Night Raven tradition. As housewarden of Heartslabyul, a dorm focused on orderliness, I cannot possibly overlook this." Riddle declared as the group glares at Leona, Ruggie, and the rest of Savanaclaw students.

"Listen, kiddies—save your heroic speeches for someone who cares, all right?" Leona stated in annoyance.

"Honestly, coming into our territory with only a handful of people... It's like you WANT a beating." Ruggie stated with a smile

"You want us to take care of 'em, Boss?" One of the Savanaclaw student asked as Leona nods.

"Sure. Have a little fun with 'em"

The group got into a fighting stance as they watched as the students ran towards them with smirks on their faces. Riddle and Ace fought back by using their along with Grim, who was in Ciel's arms. While Deuce and Jack used their fist to fight back as to not waste any magic and help defend any attacks close range. Ciel gave orders to the group to give them an advantage as he tricks some of the students to fight each other. After a while of fighting, the Savanaclaw students were beaten as Riddle used his magic on them.

"Off With Your Heads!" Riddle shouts as he used his signature to put collars on the Savanaclaw students.

"Urk... He's so strong."

"Man, housewardens are no joke."

"Hmph. Nothing but a lot of hot air. Ace, Deuce, are you all right?" Riddle asked the two as they nod.

"Yeah. That was nothin'." Ace stated

"You bet, sir!" Deuce reassures him, Riddle nods before looking at Ciel and Grim.

"What about you two, Ciel?"

"Me and Grim are still standing!" Ciel stated with a smile as Grim nods in agreement.

"Tch. I knew those chumps'd be no match for Riddle." Leona grumbles in annoyance

"Shyeheehee! Maybe not! But this doesn't change the fact that they were too late to save Diasomnia." Ruggie stated with a smirk

"Oh? That's quite the interesting claim."

Everyone jumped except for the group as Lilia, two Diasomnia students, Cater walking towards them. Lilia had a smile on his face but everyone can tell that he was trying to hide his anger due to what happened. The two Diasomnia students both were glaring at Leona and Ruggie, clearly not happy with what had happened. As for Cater, he looked to be a bit tired but was trying to hide it by smiling towards everyone. The four stood by the group as they look towards the Savanaclaw students as the latter looked at them in shock.

"They seemed right on time to me." The Green haired boy stated with a glare.

"Indeed. It's thanks to them that not a single one of Diasomnia House's players got hurt." The silver haired boy informs them, which makes Savanaclaw dorm except Jack to be shocked.

"What? How?! I saw you get swallowed up by the stampede!" Ruggie questions as Cater chuckles

"Oh! About that... So it turns out those were actually duplicates of me, made with my signature Split Card spell."

"What?" Leona questions
"I must admit, I really dig those Diasomnia House outfits. They're so extra! I'll DM you some of my selfies later." Cater stated with a wink

"You looked pretty good in it." Ciel said with a smile

"Is that right? If I knew you were such a fan, I'd have gladly loaned you mine." Lilia said with a smile

'It won't fit Cater though...' Ciel thought with a sweatdrop

"Such a sweetheart! Though I think yours would be a little small for me." Cater declines 

"All right, can we get to the point?" Leona demanded

"Riddle told us everything along with Ciel telling us what he was able to over hear from the three from Octavinelle. So we had Riddle put on that little charade for us while Ciel would record Ruggie's actions with Cater's phone." Lilia explains with a smile on his face as he motions to both Riddle and Ciel.

"So, then... Malleus?" Ruggie inquires

"Oh, he's in top-top shape, of course! He's been clearing up the chaos, using his magic to guide all the people safely back to the coliseum. You can thank him later." The green haired boy suggests in a serious tone with his arms on his hips.

"H-how could this happen?!" Ruggie began to have a mental crisis as Leona had a look of annoyance.

"...Tch. Whatever. I don't even care anymore."

This made everyone shocked as they all look at Leona, who looked done of everything as his face was annoyed, not expecting someone like him to give up just like that. Clearly, he didn't plan out what would happened if they get caught and their is evidence present. While he could've stated his and his dorm's innocent if there was no evidence found or present. After all, Crowley would never take something serious like someone being accused without evidence to prove those claims. However, that was thrown out the window, which is why he decided to give up instead.

"What?" Ruggie asked in confusion

"I'm done. It's over." Leona said in a serious tone

"Boss, what are you saying?!" Ruggie questions him in surprise

"Are you even payin' attention? If Malleus is able to take the field then we got no chance of winning. There's no point even trying. I'm out." Leona explains to Ruggie

'He's just giving up? Something's not right...' Ciel thought to himself

"Y-you can't just...! Malleus might still be in the game, but we took out all the other dorms' best players, right? But without you on the field, I don't even know if we'd have a shot at the top three! You're just going to abandon our dreams?" Ruggie informs him in desperation.

"For all the talk about "the world watching," this is still just schoolkids playin' a game. All you wide-eyed tenderfoots talkin' about your dreams... Pfft. The whole thing amused me, so I threw you a bone. That's all this was." Leona stated in annoyance.

'He was just using them for his personal gain... They meant nothing to him?' Ciel felt his grip on Grim, who didn't seem to notice, tighten a bit.

"What do you mean? What happened to working together to 'turn the world upside down'?" Ruggie reminded him as Leona as Leona glares at him.

"Are you seriously still goin' on about that? All right, fine. You wanna hear the truth? You're a hyena who grew up in a dump, and I'm a secondborn prince who won't ever be king.
And there is NO turning that around!"

"What? You gotta be kidding me! What is this? You can't just quit after we've come this far!" Ruggie pleaded with Leona as the other students joined in.

"You can't do this to us, Boss!"

"You're gonna play, even if we gotta drag you out there kicking and screaming!"

This caused Leona to become angry as he tried his best to keep it in control and not show it to others. But his patience was running thin as the students continue to beg him not to give up just yet and fight. He only used the students of his dorm to get at Malleus due to the fact of how Savanaclaw lost to Diasomnia thanks to Malleus. But that failed thanks to the meddling of Heartslabyul, Ramshackle, and one of his own dormmate. And now his dormmates are trying to get him to continue for their wishes, this was the final straw for him.

"Bah, I'm so sick of this nonsense. Shut UP, you nobodies!" Leona demanded with a stern look on his face.

Then Ciel's vision becomes surrounded by dark yellow and black as he looked at the ground to see that ink puddle again. The puddle was still the same said from the other day but it still caused alarm in his mind. He then watches as three droplet of ink fell to the ground and combine with the puddle making it bigger. As the vision faded, he had a scared and pained look as he felt Riddle's and Deuce's hand on his shoulder, the two looked at him with concern same with Grim. But Ciel ignored it and looked at Leona as he saw Leona's hand twitching a sparks of magic began to manifest.

'It's that same vision again... Don't tell me that... Leona...'